Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On If you couldn’t get a Twinkie, what would you reach for?

Comments

gccs14r 2 years, 1 month ago

The couple of times in nearly 50 years that I've had a Twinkie I wish I hadn't. I don't understand the appeal. I can't remember the last time I had a Hostess product of any kind.

Klumma 2 years, 1 month ago

This comment was removed by the site staff for violation of the usage agreement.

Klumma 2 years, 1 month ago

BTW. May blessings go out to D.B. and family. Was a good man and will miss him. - May God Bless You Dennis.

classclown 2 years, 1 month ago

Is everyone On The Street and in the comment section speaking euphimistacally?

msezdsit 2 years, 1 month ago

I do feel bad for those who lost their job but as for the loss of the "poison" hostess sold I can only hope no one picks up the brand and continues producing it. Twinkies are nothing but white poison and that other crap isjust poison with another food coloring in it.

parrothead8 2 years, 1 month ago

That's because Pontiacs don't last as long as Twinkies.

verity 2 years, 1 month ago

Can't ever remember eating one, although I probably did at some point. They just look nasty.

A fresh glazed doughnut, now that's a different story.

rockchalker52 2 years, 1 month ago

I haven't eaten a twinkie in 20 years, but now I really want one.

Eddie_Haskell 2 years, 1 month ago

When I was in jail I used to order this thing called a Honey Bun from commisary. I don't know if Hostess made it but it seems likely. I usually don't touch garbage like that but it was the only way not to go to bed hungry. The food is pretty good in there but they only feed you enough to keep you alive.

Something tells me that rich Nebraska Furniture guy might jump in and save this one. Maybe he'll explain what Wonder bread is made of. It's definitely not bread. If you smush it between your fingers you can form it into a little square that looks like a sugar cube.

Bailey Perkins 2 years, 1 month ago

Have you people ever heard of baking? If they do in fact close, learn to bake and make your own!!!!!

gbulldog 2 years, 1 month ago

More nutritious than a Democrat full of empty promises

George_Braziller 2 years, 1 month ago

Bleah! Even when I was a kid I found Twinkies repulsive. It was like trying to choke down a kitchen sponge with a Crisco filling.

RoeDapple 2 years, 1 month ago

LP's? Not worth much unless the jacket is pristine. And then . . . still not so much. A friend had 250,000 burn up in a fire. Insurance barely paid a buck apiece for 'em.

beatrice 2 years, 1 month ago

If asked in a gay bar, you will get very different responses.

Oh, and the correct OTS answer is -- a Klondike bar.

RoeDapple 2 years, 1 month ago

bea . . . I had no idea. Not that there's anything wrong with . . .

Eddie_Haskell 2 years, 1 month ago

"Humble PIe? I saw a Foghat LP vinyl at a sale today."

My mom used to see Artie at Foghat concerts. She was a roadie for Foghat in the '70's. Slow Ride is the anthem of the '70's.

Trumbull 2 years, 1 month ago

Another song from the Humble Pie creator (S Marriot). Song of a Baker. Think he is in the Rock n Roll hall of fame.

Song of A Baker

Katara 2 years, 1 month ago

Banana Flips were my favorite then banana moon pies. I think I had Twinkies a couple of times. My mom didn't keep junk food in the house.

msezdsit 2 years, 1 month ago

ding dong ding dong the republicans are nothing but losers on ding dongs.

Trumbull 2 years, 1 month ago

A twinkie and a glass of milk.....every now and then.......is not that bad. Probably much better than soda consumption every day.

gbulldog 2 years, 1 month ago

A Girl Sout cookie. Very good and helps the Girl Scouts. Buy extra, freeze them so you can have them year around.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.