Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Do you think Kansas should secede from the union?

Comments

RoeDapple 2 years, 1 month ago

I think I may secede from the Republican party.

rereed12 2 years, 1 month ago

I'm at a pick up game of baseball, top of the fourth, the umpire makes bad calls all along. Or I simply don't want to play anymore, I grab my ball and mitt, to go home. Someone grabs a bat tells me I have to stay. And 600,000 people die.

Amendment 10

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people

DRsmith 2 years, 1 month ago

I like Wendy's idea. You have my vote. Perhaps if Lawrence seceded your votes would actually count for something.

rockchalker52 2 years, 1 month ago

This site was overloaded a bit ago & I thought 'Oh noes, LJWorld has seceded from the internet!'

I'm interested in hearing about Spacehog's platform. Is there a PAC?

RoeDapple 2 years, 1 month ago

No perimeter alarms for the last three days. Code blue.

geekin_topekan 2 years, 1 month ago

How would all those Republican farmers/ranchers collect on their 15.4 Billion in subsidies? 32 percent of Kansas farms DO NOT collect farm subsidies so would that mean that 68 percent of farms are subsidized with American tax payers dollars?

Secede and we will have to live on squirrels, Morals and drink Kaw water.

geekin_topekan 2 years, 1 month ago

Morels, our morals are in line with CHrist.

Carry on.

bevy 2 years, 1 month ago

you know, if you'd just said "babes" you could have kept that B thing going.

Eddie_Haskell 2 years, 1 month ago

I am the only known living link to Spacehog. I have no idea what this is about, but I'll look into it and see what he thinks. That last time I saw him he was getting arrested at IHOP again, shirtless and covered in butter.

Hey Somedude, what's so civil about war, anyway?

somedude20 2 years, 1 month ago

I'll take "What is romancing the Civil War widows" for twenty, Alex

oldbaldguy 2 years, 1 month ago

maybe Canada will take the opportunity to invade once everyone has seceded?

verity 2 years, 1 month ago

Why? What would they want down here? Oh, finish the pipeline I guess.

gphawk89 2 years, 1 month ago

If Kansas actually did secede, I suppose K-10 would have to become a designated transit route between Lawrence and the Kansas border, kind of like the West Berlin / West Germany setup. I wonder if Kansas would require transit visas?

On the lighter side, I got invited to a cfnm party last night. I was expecting something like a tupperware party. Wrong. I was the only guy there. These mean ladies made me take off all of my clothes while they sat there qawking and laughing at me. It was humiliating. I really enjoyed myself.

beatrice 2 years, 1 month ago

Yes, and it can join other states to become the nation of Nebansasoklexasarkaloumissotenngeorgabama. Only coveat is, you have to take on Florida as a territory.

JackMcKee 2 years, 1 month ago

This is what happens when you gut public education. Embarrassing.

riverdrifter 2 years, 1 month ago

A friend of mine is a Conch. He told me one time "I have to go to Florida tomorrow with the other half to go to a wedding."

jafs 2 years, 1 month ago

In theory, if our union of states is voluntary, then a state should be able to leave that union if it wants to do so.

The problems are all practical ones.

rereed12 2 years, 1 month ago

Not  only In theory, nothing in the US Constitution forbids it, see Amendment 10.

Richard Payton 2 years, 1 month ago

From Russia with love, Lawrence will welcome the band Pussy Riot as we become the new penal colony.

somedude20 2 years, 1 month ago

I seceded from the union of marriage!!!

gccs14r 2 years, 1 month ago

How about we ecourage the secessionists to move to Trump Island, where they can worship the windy one as their King. They can burn their long-form birth certificates for heat.

Trumbull 2 years, 1 month ago

Why is everyone in an uproar? I want Kansas to succeed.

oldbaldguy 2 years, 1 month ago

Kansas on the way to Mississipi via Arkansas.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.