Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Do you think Kansas should secede from the union?

Comments

thuja 1 year, 5 months ago

Only if Lawrence can secede from Kansas.

hitme 1 year, 5 months ago

Missouri is the France of North America (sans the wine, beaches, beautiful architecture, history, & landscape) We should call it an even trade for Puerto Rico. Then we put a barbed wire fence around the entire area and we have a place to dispose of our nuclear/other waste.

tange 1 year, 5 months ago

"Even though I live in landlocked Kansas, I decided to go swimming in the ocean today."

_

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 5 months ago

Hmmmm....they don't have guns in Australia. Fighting the invaders with boomerangs and big knives? - Blue

Actually they can have firearms, but are unjustly restricted by their government. Rimfire bolt action rifles and shotguns that are not pump or semi-automatic are OK, if you live in a rural area, then you can show a need for having a center fire bolt action or lever action rifle.

The film is from a YA series of books, the books are a staple in English classes.

blue73harley 1 year, 5 months ago

Hmmmm....they don't have guns in Australia. Fighting the invaders with boomerangs and big knives?

R_I, Nope. I will have to check it out.

Blue, Have you seen "Tomorrow When the War Began" - Australia's Red Dawn?

I think this has something to do with the remake of "Red Dawn".

autie 1 year, 5 months ago

What? and two thumbs I suppose?

oldbaldguy 1 year, 5 months ago

Kansas on the way to Mississipi via Arkansas.

Technically Nick Danger only has seven fingers...

Agnostick 1 year, 5 months ago

Put six or seven trolls on this little spit of land @ Lake Perry, maybe? The Nicholas Danger Commune of Nine-Fingered Technology and Internet Commerce.

I like it!!

Trumbull 1 year, 5 months ago

Why is everyone in an uproar? I want Kansas to succeed.

So, I blow a day and half and pay people money to tell me what I don't have. That's a good thing I guess. But all I got out of the deal is this little picture of a cecum. Whatever that is, looks like something off of ancient aliens, my favorite show.

gccs14r 1 year, 5 months ago

How about we ecourage the secessionists to move to Trump Island, where they can worship the windy one as their King. They can burn their long-form birth certificates for heat.

somedude20 1 year, 5 months ago

I seceded from the union of marriage!!!

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 5 months ago

"blew with the wind and took what came." Ri

Well, it looks like have to remove you from the Classy exemption list. Gootsie will be lonely.

Gandalf 1 year, 5 months ago

Will the rest of the US secede from Kansas?

Richard Payton 1 year, 5 months ago

From Russia with love, Lawrence will welcome the band Pussy Riot as we become the new penal colony.

jafs 1 year, 5 months ago

In theory, if our union of states is voluntary, then a state should be able to leave that union if it wants to do so.

The problems are all practical ones.

g_rock 1 year, 5 months ago

This is a stupid question.

But I do believe in the Conch Republic.

During the American Revolution, the active forces in the field against the King's tyranny never amounted to more than 3% of the colonists. They were in turn actively supported by perhaps 10% of the population. In addition to these revolutionaries were perhaps another 20% who favored their cause but did little or nothing to support it. Another one-third of the population sided with the King (by the end of the war there were actually more Americans fighting FOR the King than there were in the field against him) and the final third took no side, blew with the wind and took what came.

JackMcKee 1 year, 5 months ago

This is what happens when you gut public education. Embarrassing.

beatrice 1 year, 5 months ago

Yes, and it can join other states to become the nation of Nebansasoklexasarkaloumissotenngeorgabama. Only coveat is, you have to take on Florida as a territory.

Is there really any difference between "Breaking Bad" and "Breaking Dawn"?

Eddie_Haskell 1 year, 5 months ago

On the lighter side, I got invited to a cfnm party last night. I was expecting something like a tupperware party. Wrong. I was the only guy there. These mean ladies made me take off all of my clothes while they sat there qawking and laughing at me. It was humiliating. I really enjoyed myself.

BABBOY 1 year, 5 months ago

I think this poll questions may be the worst question ever asked by ljworld.

Stupid.

By the way, so I can add to the stupidity, anyone signing that petition has no business waiving an American Flag or pretenting to be an American anymore in my opinion........

gphawk89 1 year, 5 months ago

If Kansas actually did secede, I suppose K-10 would have to become a designated transit route between Lawrence and the Kansas border, kind of like the West Berlin / West Germany setup. I wonder if Kansas would require transit visas?

oldbaldguy 1 year, 5 months ago

maybe Canada will take the opportunity to invade once everyone has seceded?

Hey Somedude, what's so civil about war, anyway?

prospector 1 year, 5 months ago

Autie, don't forget Bob's plank in there, biscuits and bourbon.

I am the only known living link to Spacehog. I have no idea what this is about, but I'll look into it and see what he thinks. That last time I saw him he was getting arrested at IHOP again, shirtless and covered in butter.

The spacehog platform, as I understand is fairly simple in nature and does not deal much with superflous social issues. More about the "B's".

beer/bait/balogna/bullets/bongs/....and girls.

geekin_topekan 1 year, 5 months ago

Morels, our morals are in line with CHrist.

Carry on.

geekin_topekan 1 year, 5 months ago

How would all those Republican farmers/ranchers collect on their 15.4 Billion in subsidies? 32 percent of Kansas farms DO NOT collect farm subsidies so would that mean that 68 percent of farms are subsidized with American tax payers dollars?

Secede and we will have to live on squirrels, Morals and drink Kaw water.

RoeDapple 1 year, 5 months ago

No perimeter alarms for the last three days. Code blue.

"Keeping it classy!"

Wrong forum. Ain't nothing classy about the OTS. Except for Gootsie and Ri.

" Did you vote for your neighbor in the trailer park?"

I don't think Vermin lives in a trailer park. However, are you prejudiced towards one's socio-economic status when you vote?

rockchalker52 1 year, 5 months ago

This site was overloaded a bit ago & I thought 'Oh noes, LJWorld has seceded from the internet!'

I'm interested in hearing about Spacehog's platform. Is there a PAC?

Maybe if Romney had won. Bob, I did not vote for Obama either.

Spacehog 2016

Will I still be able to get in the bookstore?

I didn't vote for Obama or Romney. The amount of butthurt over the election is hilarious.

Andini 1 year, 5 months ago

On second thought yes but only if we build a fence to keep Missourians out.

tange 1 year, 5 months ago

Kansas 'conservatives' already have seceded form themselves. How much greater the disconnect?

DRsmith 1 year, 5 months ago

I like Wendy's idea. You have my vote. Perhaps if Lawrence seceded your votes would actually count for something.

I think they decided after 600,000 people died that it wasn't a good idea to allow that anymore.

Andini 1 year, 5 months ago

No. But can we kick Texas out?

RoeDapple 1 year, 5 months ago

I think I may secede from the Republican party.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.