Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On What do you think about vanity plates?

Comments

labmonkey 1 year, 8 months ago

Not a fan of them for myself, but not against anyone getting them. I do have a problem with Kansas' vanity plates though. When making a PowerPoint presentation, you are taught to create contrast between the background and letters. Our vanity plates have dark letters on dark plates and are harder than hell to see.

beatrice 1 year, 8 months ago

The following is also the description of the perfect OTS post: “ I think if they are clever and well done, I like them. If they are cheesy, I don’t like them or if they are hard to decipher.”

FloridaSunshine 1 year, 8 months ago

I'm laughing out loud, My_Life!! To travel incognito...now THAT is funny! Great post!!

rockchalker52 1 year, 8 months ago

KS vanity plates are less than attractive with the red & orangish candy corn coloring.

dajudge 1 year, 8 months ago

your're so vain, I bet you thought this plate was about you.

FloridaSunshine 1 year, 8 months ago

Love it!! Another Carly Simon fan...!

Ron Holzwarth 1 year, 8 months ago

Sometimes, a vanity tag can be a mistake. The only car I ever bought brand new was a 1974 Subaru, for $2,800. I got quite a discount because it was so late in the model year that the 1975s were already available. They looked just the same to me, though. The sticker price was $3,177. I still have its price sticker for a souvenir. I loved my Subaru so much that I got Douglas county tag # SUBARU for it.

But, I let a friend drive my Subaru and he totaled it a couple weeks before the tag arrived. I couldn't afford another Subaru, so for about a month I drive a Chevy Vega with license tag # SUBARU, and then for a few years after that, I drove a Chevrolet Caprice with license tag # SUBARU.

That tag was never on a Subaru, but I keep it as a fine souvenir of the only brand new car I ever owned. And, from the looks of things, it will be the last one also.

Liberty275 1 year, 8 months ago

If I could get a veteran's personalized plate, I'd get "8MPG" for the corvette.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.