Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Are you doing anything this year to prepare for the holidays ?

Comments

labmonkey 1 year, 8 months ago

Stockpile ammo and supplies for the end of days... but the wife is knitting a festive cod-piece for me in case we are still here on Dec. 21.

RoeDapple 1 year, 8 months ago

Bug out kits for the entire family. RoeDy's has a new item this year, insulated tin foil hats. A "must have" for winter paranoia.

Gun show at the Expocenter yesterday. About 10:00 all the lights went out. A true, "WTF" moment. After a few moments waiting for gunfire to erupt everyone continued on with the aid of flashlights here and there.Got my Christmas list made up if anybody is interested. . . . pricey . . .

I went there today... I wasn't impressed. There was not much there and prices were much higher than at the show at the KCI Expo center a couple weeks ago. They were asking more for Chinese SKS's at Topeka than they were for Russian SKS's at KC. I don't know if the prices were so high because of the smaller size of the show, or if the election had something to do with it.

My experience there in past years is if they aren't doing well on Saturday they bug out Sunday. The place was 95% table space taken on Saturday, parking lot about 75% full. I didn't buy anything major, prices have ballooned since I was a regular 20 years ago. Did get a good buy on web gear and a holster.

You should really go to the KCI Expo ones. I think Topeka has 300 tables and KCI has 1000. I bought an Enfield (MK III*) and an Arisaka (an earlier 7.7 mm) from a former history professor at the KCI one... he was even able to tell the history on them.

flux 1 year, 8 months ago

Just stop already. Your comment has nothing to do with the question

grammaddy 1 year, 8 months ago

Annual deep-cleaning of the kitchen; defrosting freezers, cleaning the oven, wiping out all cabinets, polishing the silver,etc.

Eddie_Haskell 1 year, 8 months ago

"I think Autie's dream girl responded above."

Allison? Well, he'll have to fight Ronaldo for her.

labmonkey - for about 15 years I worked all the NE Kansas and KCMO gun shows with a friend who was a gun dealer, back in the late 70's through the 80's. KC was good for deals but a rough crowd. I've had threats made, tires slashed, witnessed a few fights and a couple of "accidental" discharge . . events. Like I said, rough crowd. Kinda miss it.

fluxie - glad to see you too!

beatrice 1 year, 8 months ago

If I worked for the LJWorld, I'd promise to learn how to use a digital camera to take portraits with.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.