April 20, 2014 |
See complete forecast
Copy and paste the link:
Yes I would be sad our post office closed but I would LOVE for them to find a new post master... this substitute post master is a joke and not doing his job.
" My_Life 2 hours, 9 minutes ago
My mailman leaves most of the neighborhood mail in my box. He expects me to deliver it from there. He can't read an address evidently."
Sounds like Karma, weirdo . . . Imagine that.
My mailman leaves most of the neighborhood mail in my box. He expects me to deliver it from there. He can't read an address evidently.
Just do away with Saturday delivery. Who cares? Keep the Mon-Fri mail moving over the weekend but that's it. No delivery on Sat. I go to the P.O. twice a week max and like O-Bob sez, it's mostly junk.
Just got my mail from today only.
Basically, a 100% of useless mail today. Although, I will flip through Time this evening and get halfway through Joel Stein column before I throw the whole thing in the recycle pile do to way too much smugness.
Yes. If they closed, I'd write them a letter!
I'd be curious to see what comes through those rural PO boxes besides the ads.
Let the government pay UPS, FedEx, and DHL to deliver the monthly Vision Cards, Social Security, Medicare and Pensions.
Email, electronic bank transfers-bill pay, FAX, mobile cell phones and tablets with 3&4G satellite data services, Schedule a pickup from UPS, FedEx, DHL, and others are enough options.
I got a postcard today! Love my area P.O. when the checks come, not so much with the bills. The junk does not leave the building with me. No, I don't want five free tanning sessions.
I don't know. Probably not. I picked up my mail for the first time in a week yesterday and it was full of mostly nothing that needed opening. I don't think it is the post office's job to provide a social gathering place for small towns. If that is what is being asked here. Because that seems to be the main reason about why people are bitching about keeping small post offices open. It is 2012. 90% of the mail I get is worthless and the other 10% could be more efficiently delivered to me online.
Many of these options were instituted in the early 1900's.
The plan has four options for smaller rural Post Offices.
(1) reduce the hours at the post office
(2) close the post office and offer rural delivery to box holders
(3) close the post office and encourage box holders to get boxes at another post office
(4) close the post office and open a contract postal unit in the community.
ups or fedex? Both ups and fedex use the us mail to deliver about 20% of their deliveries. Areas where it is not profitable for them to deliver mail. How will these people get mail if the Usps closes? The pony express?
“ We don’t use it really. We have the mail delivered.” says Gary
Well if your post office is closed how are you going to get your mail delivered?
Heck no, then folks wouldn't see my wanted poster.
Mail delivery should be reduced to every other day
If they close the Post Office what is Mr. Drucker going to do?
" RETICENT_IRREVERENT 21 hours, 14 minutes ago
"One of the main reasons it was instigated by the government was so farmers had longer daylight hours. At the time 90 percent of the population lived in rural areas." — Claire Webb
You better revise your revisionist history Claire. . . . . "
Damn R_I. You just gave both barrels. And I thought you were a tender guy. I know, being cut off from giving tenderness for a night can do that. I Love You.
Well hell yes! But I've survived the demise of analog clocks, Morse code, Pony Express and wagon trains, the Post Office is just another dinosaur that is rapidly losing its usefulness. Kinda like newspapers.
Not one bit. Keep the carriers though. Andy T. ROCKS! Always has.
Since I get my mail from a post office box, it would be a major inconvenience for me. It's also where the letter carriers get the mail they deliver to homes in Lawrence.,
Commenting has been disabled for this item.
Find more businesses on Marketplace
Arts & Entertainment ·