Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On What is your opinion of daylight saving time?

Comments

Klumma 1 year, 10 months ago

This comment was removed by the site staff for violation of the usage agreement.

Bill Lee 1 year, 10 months ago

I don't have a very strong opinion of DST. It doesn't give us more daylight, it just shifts the time of the daylight. I don't do a lot outdoors in the evening. If I did I'd probably appreciate the extra hour of evening sunshine. It probably saves on electric bills for people who turn on lights in the evening, but not in the early morning.

RoeDapple 1 year, 10 months ago

meh . . . I seldom sleep. Not much savings there . . .

JackMcKee 1 year, 10 months ago

Hitme, you get less daylight in the evening. Do you understand which way to set your clock?

rockchalker52 1 year, 10 months ago

Time is on my side, yes it is. (sourced)

More daylight on the back end is nice, but I got all the time in the world. Call it whatever you want.

50YearResident 1 year, 10 months ago

“ I think it’s stupid. One of the main reasons it was instigated by the government was so farmers had longer daylight hours. At the time 90 percent of the population lived in rural areas.”

This is so funny. Those farmers that work from sun up to sunset, will have an extra hour in their daylight. Thanks for daylight savings.

muddfoot55 1 year, 10 months ago

It messes with my sleep cycles.

Joe Hyde 1 year, 10 months ago

With DST it just feels weird that the sky doesn't get completely dark until almost 11pm in summertime. And that switch to CST in springtime can sure mess with a person's sleep pattern for a week or longer, which is not helpful to those who commute long distance, or who have jobs that involve painstaking attention to fine detail. So I'd support going to CST and just leaving it there year-round.

Charles L Bloss Jr 1 year, 10 months ago

It is a major pain in the ass. I wish they would just leave the damn time alone, same time all of the time !

budwhysir 1 year, 10 months ago

I dont know, give me about an hour and I will come up with something...

budwhysir 1 year, 10 months ago

now that was a good one, I dont care what any of you say....

otto 1 year, 10 months ago

I didn't know that was the reason we had more daylight. My momma always told me it had something to do with the earths rotation around the sun and stuff like that -- I always knew she was lying.

Flap Doodle 1 year, 10 months ago

I thought we originally went on DST so we could get home early in the summer to tend our vegetable gardens to help defeat the Kaiser.

gccs14r 1 year, 10 months ago

I'd like to have DST in Summer, then double DST in Winter so there is still a little daylight left at the end of the workday. Or at least reverse them so it's DST in Winter and standard time in Summer.

FlintlockRifle 1 year, 10 months ago

I always thought Pres. Ben Franklin started this here in the states after he came back to the states after beeing someplace over seas where it was in use, must be wrong according to Claire. As for me don't matter oneway or another

somedude20 1 year, 10 months ago

Oh Claire, you hot rabbit you, thanks for dispelling the myth that Claire is "a fat girl's name"

rockchalker52 1 year, 10 months ago

Where's that smarmy Haskell kid?

riverdrifter 1 year, 10 months ago

I like it and don't mind the change. These masked raiders munched down on corn from the feeder and curled up and went to sleep. The don't care about no stinking time, except when -it's time to sleep.

Ronda Miller 1 year, 10 months ago

I enjoy the one day when we get the extra hour - in particular this weekend as it lands on my birthday. Not being selfish mind you, but it's all about me on my birthday. ;()

And time is on my side, truly. I used to think it was on my left side but I see clearly now that it's the right one.

Love the raccoons, River. Do you name your photo pets?

Lawrence Morgan 1 year, 10 months ago

I don't like it when time switches back to regular CST. But, nevertheless, happy birthday!

Liberty275 1 year, 10 months ago

"Do you name your photo pets?"

My guess is that he'll call them "dinner".

Liberty275 1 year, 10 months ago

If Claire doesn't like it, I don't like it. OTOH, DST doesn't give farmers more daylight. The latitude, the tilt of the earth's axis and it's position relative to the sun determine how much daylight farmers get. You'd think an architect would know that.

OTOH, she's pretty enough that she can be wrong and it doesn't matter.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.