Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On How early do you plan on preparing for Halloween?

Comments

classclown 1 year, 6 months ago

My_Life

I'm going to dress up like Obama and go to rich neighborhoods and steal everything, then give it all away to poor folks who don't have anything. It's the right thing to do.

October 15, 2012 at 1:51 p.m

==============================================

I thought it was the left thing to do.

/rimshot

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 6 months ago

"I hope they all die and are replaced. O'Bob, I think they are already dead." Autie

? Like in Lost? Or was that how it was in Lost? I can't remember.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 6 months ago

autie, I would lend you my kitchen apron, but it has pin-up girls wearing flannel, jeans shorts and boots printed on the fabric. Not too Mrs. Doubtfire like.

autie 1 year, 6 months ago

I hope they all die and are replaced. O'Bob, I think they are already dead.

Ronaldo, do you have a Mrs. Doubtfire outfit? I feel like crossing gender lines this year.

My_Lie, I really think that you bring a tears to the eyes of Jesus everytime you hit the keyboard.

"You're still watching? Your review is spot-on. I don't think we made it to the end of season 1. Drivel." Py

Yes. I thought the first two episodes of the series were really good. I should have known something was amiss in the Season one finale where they had apparently shot their budget and had to make due with the horrible CGI of the CDC blowing up. Go to 4:25.

I watched last season for no reason other than I expected things to pick up. It never did. They spent the entire season on a farm arguing. Constantly.

There isn't a likable character on the show save for Daryl and whenever his brother comes back. I am giving myself three episodes this season. Episode 1 got the plot moving, but I hate everyone on the show I hope they all die and are replaced.

blue73harley 1 year, 6 months ago

The only good zombie is a dead zombie. And don't even get me started on Nazi zombies!

prospector 1 year, 6 months ago

My,

That was Robin Hood. I know you are keen on fables and like to tell whoppers.

I am sure you would look better in green tights anyway.

My_Life 1 year, 6 months ago

I'm going to dress up like Obama and go to rich neighborhoods and steal everything, then give it all away to poor folks who don't have anything. It's the right thing to do.

CWGOKU 1 year, 6 months ago

I don't really get into Halloween. Never cared for it. I take the family to the pumpkin patch and turn on Charlie Brown and help carve the pumpkin. That is it. The day after Halloween, I turn on Christmas music.

BABBOY 1 year, 6 months ago

More now that I have kids. I used to avoid it but now see how much the kids like it.

""Still terrible writing and most of the actors shouldn't have made it out of community theater. The plot somewhat advanced." - T_O_B

And still? /Blow my shofar."

At least the actors were able to make it into community theater.

Ronnie24 1 year, 6 months ago

I miss the times when kids could go ANYWHERE in town to Trick or Treat without having to worry about someone trying to hurt them. The candy and cookies that were homemade were always the best. Didn't have to be concerned that something was added to them that could poison, choke, or kill you. If I make something homemade , I guess Ill have to add a note with my name and address with it so the parents will know where and from who they came from.
Sometimes advancement of the humans race seems like taking steps in the wrong direction.

fleeba 1 year, 6 months ago

Halloween decorations have been up for a couple weeks now. We start preparing our haunted yard the year before - collect stuff all year round. Halloween is the best time of year and wish decorations were out as early as the xmas decorations are.. This year they were out before halloween ones were - ridiculous!

"Still terrible writing and most of the actors shouldn't have made it out of community theater. The plot somewhat advanced." - T_O_B

And still?
/Blow my shofar.

"So how was episode one of season three of something that died last season?"

Still terrible writing and most of the actors shouldn't have made it out of community theater. The plot somewhat advanced.

CWGOKU 1 year, 6 months ago

Just have to make a quick run to the store. I'll be handing out Marlboros and Bud light again this year

"I generally try to swap out Greensleeves, right after New Year's...

wow lights Ghostbusters Whole House View 2009 by ColonaIllinoisH"

It must be a joy to be neighbors with those folks.

I prepare for Halloween like I prepare for church. Whiskey, steak and cold shower.

So how was episode one of season three of something that died last season?

Bill Lee 1 year, 6 months ago

I don't do costumes anymore. I do buy candy, but end up eating most of it myself because I seldom get any trick-or-treators. I think I'll do Russell Stover Mint Dreams this year.

prospector 1 year, 6 months ago

I take the bulb out of the porch light that afternoon, then I'm ready. Kids don't hit neighborhoods anyway, downtown seems to be it for some reason.

Go figure.

tange 1 year, 6 months ago

I generally try to swap out Greensleeves, right after New Year's...

_

rockchalker52 1 year, 6 months ago

Glad you asked! It takes me a long time to think of a good Halloween joke - so you'll hafta settle for this one:

I went to a Halloween party with my ghoulfriend, but when I asked her to dance she just rolled her eyes at me. I remained a gentleman, though, & rolled 'em back to her.

Flap Doodle 1 year, 6 months ago

Started on Nov 1 last year. Takes forever to train lemurs to go door to door with goodie bags and not start flinging bodily waste the first time they don't get any candy.

autie 1 year, 6 months ago

I don't plan for Halloween, it pretty much just happens on its own...

First.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.