Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On How early do you plan on preparing for Halloween?

Comments

Flap Doodle 2 years, 2 months ago

Started on Nov 1 last year. Takes forever to train lemurs to go door to door with goodie bags and not start flinging bodily waste the first time they don't get any candy.

rockchalker52 2 years, 2 months ago

Glad you asked! It takes me a long time to think of a good Halloween joke - so you'll hafta settle for this one:

I went to a Halloween party with my ghoulfriend, but when I asked her to dance she just rolled her eyes at me. I remained a gentleman, though, & rolled 'em back to her.

Bill Lee 2 years, 2 months ago

I don't do costumes anymore. I do buy candy, but end up eating most of it myself because I seldom get any trick-or-treators. I think I'll do Russell Stover Mint Dreams this year.

Leslie Swearingen 2 years, 2 months ago

Excellent. Walking Dead is one of my favorites. I plan on buying the season DVS's. Never underestimate the importance of cardio.

Chrissy Neibarger 2 years, 2 months ago

Halloween decorations have been up for a couple weeks now. We start preparing our haunted yard the year before - collect stuff all year round. Halloween is the best time of year and wish decorations were out as early as the xmas decorations are.. This year they were out before halloween ones were - ridiculous!

Ronnie24 2 years, 2 months ago

I miss the times when kids could go ANYWHERE in town to Trick or Treat without having to worry about someone trying to hurt them. The candy and cookies that were homemade were always the best. Didn't have to be concerned that something was added to them that could poison, choke, or kill you. If I make something homemade , I guess Ill have to add a note with my name and address with it so the parents will know where and from who they came from.
Sometimes advancement of the humans race seems like taking steps in the wrong direction.

asixbury 2 years, 2 months ago

The sad part is, there were absolutely no cases in which kids were harmed by Halloween treats. The stories are total fabrications. Parents are more paranoid now, but yet crime in this area is not any higher per capita. Parents used to teach their kids responsibility and then let them go on their own when ready, but now parents I believe coddle their kids way too much.

classclown 2 years, 2 months ago

My_Life

I'm going to dress up like Obama and go to rich neighborhoods and steal everything, then give it all away to poor folks who don't have anything. It's the right thing to do.

October 15, 2012 at 1:51 p.m

==============================================

I thought it was the left thing to do.

/rimshot

Commenting has been disabled for this item.