Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Have you ever had problems with the maintenance of a place you lived?

Comments

oneeye_wilbur 1 year, 6 months ago

my friends had mushrooms but some were psychedelic and inky spores. The inky spores made great in spaghetti sauce. my own place has a non working toilet. If I get ahold of Jimenez will he get the bank aka lender to fix it? after all, it is really their place. for a long time

gbulldog 1 year, 6 months ago

I had a duplex behind my property that sat vacant for several years.

I never become a landlord because of experiences my family and friends have had. One friend had a nice ranch house. Because of children in the house, he could not evict them for non payment of rent. When they finally moved out he found that they basically had destroyed the house and he was forced to tear it down. He decided to sell the lot and not rebuild.

The duplex behind me had several tenants. Most were good decent neighbors, but one couple had 20 plus dogs. They never did clean up the yard. Finally the City health department had to forciablly evict them and clean up the place.

Our neighborhood is going downhill because the only people who can get the money to buy a home is investors. The investors rent the home out, them fail to maintain the home. The house next door has been the subject of police drug raids, multiple tenants, and needs a lot of maitenance. Because of the condition of this house, my resale value has dropped and no one is interested in buying my home except investors.

th3

George Lippencott 1 year, 6 months ago

To answer the posed question - all the time. we own it and we must maintain it or take a hit in value (not to mention getting wet from the leaks)

Eddie_Haskell 1 year, 6 months ago

I saw Joe Walsh on Peerze Morgan last night. WTH did he do to his nose? He related a story about a 2 day party with John Belushi which must have been a blowfest. Cocaine nosejob probably. I'm on some kind of wierd Eagles kick. Have you heard them do "Take It to the Limit" since those arrogant bastards fired Randy Meisner? Nope. And you never will, cuz nobody does it like Randy.

tange 1 year, 6 months ago

Well, I am the main tenant.

Eddie_Haskell 1 year, 6 months ago

I've learned a lot since I bought a home. Well, actually the bank owns it and they'll probably kick me out pretty soon. My toilet was clogged up again. That happens a lot. I poured a gallon of gas in it and tossed a match. Cleared it right up. I know Ronaldo spends a lot on repairmen. That sissy can't fix anything.

inmate 1 year, 6 months ago

Yeah, you'd think as many times as it was "inspected", it be in better shape.

g_rock 1 year, 6 months ago

Nothing a roll of duct tape can't fix....

prospector 1 year, 6 months ago

The Peter Principle always applies. What?, everything is not made to last forever?

I wonder if the warranty I get on something is going to be longer than my own,

RoeDapple 1 year, 6 months ago

So . . . There's a fungus . . amongus?

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 6 months ago

Wood rot is fixed. Thanks for insinuating.

autie 1 year, 6 months ago

Of course. If I had a quarter for pilot light I've fired up...I'd probably have about $12.75. Plumbing? go get the wrenches and get to plumbing.

Funny thing about some window sills...wood rot and all.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 6 months ago

No, but I do know someone that had / has a problem with wood rot.

Bill Lee 1 year, 6 months ago

Yes, but it was a long time ago.

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 6 months ago

"Yes. My wife won't do anything around the house" Andini

This is two days in a row you have stole my answer, Andini. Pistols at dawn.

RoeDapple 1 year, 6 months ago

Bitch, bitch, bitch! I told her I would fix the leaky faucet, and I WILL!!! No need to remind me every six months . . .

Andini 1 year, 6 months ago

Yes. My wife won't do anything around the house

Commenting has been disabled for this item.