Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Who is your favorite KU basketball player of all time?

Comments

Klumma 2 years, 2 months ago

14 DV. Darnell Valentine. A great player on the court and even a better, humble, man off. Thanks Darnell and Coach Norwood. You both have class that we do not see today.

Klumma 2 years, 2 months ago

Umm. Sorry about the big font. Have no idea where that came from. . . .

Wesley Willis 2 years, 2 months ago

Probably Paul Pierce or Sasha Kaun or maybe Chalmers, I like a lot of them. Also like Russell Robinson

Caz Snwot 2 years, 2 months ago

This comment was removed by the site staff for violation of the usage agreement.

Kate Rogge 2 years, 2 months ago

When you say Bud Stallworth, you've said it all.

Nikki May 2 years, 2 months ago

Scot Pollard or Adonis Jordan. On this team though I pick Travis Releford.

LogicMan 2 years, 2 months ago

Ostertag was very entertaining, indeed.

icdedpeeple 2 years, 2 months ago

I could make a strong case for either Danny Manning or Mark Turgeon

gphawk89 2 years, 2 months ago

Another vote for the Big O. Maybe not the best ball handler of all time, but that's what made him fun to watch. I remember him once somehow stealing a ball at mid-court once and taking it back for a breakaway dunk. The whole place went silent as it took him about four steps to dribble from half court to the goal, then the crowd went absolutely nuts after the dunk.

rockchalker52 2 years, 2 months ago

Call me Captain Obvious, but it's hard to choose just one. You could win a lot of games with the 'D' team:

Danny, Donnie, Delvy, Darnell & Darnell.

BrodyR 2 years, 2 months ago

TJ Whatley! TJ TJ TJ, I can hear the chants now!

mom_of_three 2 years, 2 months ago

My favorite Jayhawk basketball player of all time??? Oh, wow. It would have been easier to answer the favorite from each team. Danny Manning, Mark Turgeon, Ron Kellogg, Darnell Jackson, Nick Collison, Kirk Heinrich and Thomas Robinson. Markieff and Marcus Morris.

Topple 2 years, 2 months ago

Cole Aldrich. Was a beast at the shot block. Good FT shooter for being an inside guy. And an all-around nice guy.

Tony Kisner 2 years, 2 months ago

Richard Scott. A beast under the basket.

Linda Aikins 2 years, 2 months ago

There is no way I can answer this. Every player on every roster played their hearts out. There are so many stars....I certainly loved watching Thomas Robinson because he overcame incredible obstacles to become a jaw-dropper (shirted or shirtless).

I knew a lot of the 1988 champions and they were amazing too. Nope. I couldn't possibly pick just one.

MarcoPogo 2 years, 2 months ago

Darnell Valentine, followed by Lane Czaplinski.

Was there a player whose name was Ojoleye or something like that? Maybe in the early 80s?

Hey TOB! Great to have a job again where I can play on the internet all day!

Oh you're right about some of them. Once a cheerleader, always a cheerleader!

I found out he is a local man who owns Affordable Limousine and about half of the town. First name Larry although he changes his name frequently. He claims to have played at KU but I sure couldn't find him.

riverdrifter 2 years, 2 months ago

Wilt and Jo Jo, who WAS NOT OUT OF BOUNDS.

beatrice 2 years, 2 months ago

I believe you are all forgetting the unselfish play and stellar game of Josh Selby.

riverdrifter 2 years, 2 months ago

"game" is the correct word, for sure, Bea.

Fred Vance 2 years, 2 months ago

So many great players and so little time... I would have to include Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Bridges, JoJo White, Rex Walters, Jacque Vaughn, Paul Pierce just to name a few.

amyirenie 2 years, 2 months ago

Jerod Haase. Had a crush on him in 8th grade. Still have a crush on him 15 years later.

So_tired_of_the_whiners 2 years, 2 months ago

Steve Woodberry! Unselfsih and clutch. Just ask OSU and KSU.

labmonkey 2 years, 2 months ago

Captain Kirk would probably be my favorite.

sinkorswim 2 years, 2 months ago

So many great choices!!! Definitely Darnell Valentine, Calvin Thompson, Mark Turgeon, Adonis Jordan, Jacque Vaughn, Greg Ostertag, Danny Manning, Mario Chalmers...among MANY others!!

Astrunk 2 years, 2 months ago

Sherron Collins. Not everyone's favorite, but I will never forget his overtime performance against K-State in Manhattan, nor his senior night speech.

sassykansan 2 years, 2 months ago

Kirk Hinrich,Nick Collison, and Rex Walters....my list could go on and on but those guys are my sentimental favorites,

Bruce Rist 2 years, 2 months ago

Charlie B Black The only Jayhawk to be a four year first team All American and the first to score a 1k points in a career at KU

parrothead8 2 years, 2 months ago

Tyshawn Taylor. Good or bad, he was our point guard, and it was so much fun to watch him grow over the last few years.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.