Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Did you participate in a 4-H club?

Comments

autie 1 year, 6 months ago

FGBC? No HWMNBN. OMG, CWGOKU.

CWGOKU 1 year, 6 months ago

Then start that club Autie............ I'm there!

autie 1 year, 6 months ago

4-H is a great bunch and does a lot of good for young people. However, the only thing I learned in 4-H, was that I really didn't care for 4-H. There was no fishing, no guns and no beer or cigarettes.

g_rock 1 year, 6 months ago

And for folks that didn't have animals (like me) it was for future fat girls to learn now to make buttercream frosting and cakes and pies and cookies!

Wesley Willis 1 year, 6 months ago

Yes I been in 4H. Won first place in the cattle show. I was the "cow".

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 6 months ago

"Where are the reader blogs? Why have you taken them off the front page?" - labmonkey

SEO. Keeping robots from crawling through less than ideal content.

A retired janitor who drinks too much behind Egbert's Liquor in Hutch spawned this change.

FlintlockRifle 1 year, 6 months ago

You bet , and so did our 2 sons-----every kid should be raised on a farm, hard work and learn skills for life--

BABBOY 1 year, 6 months ago

Did not do 4-H. Not really sure what it is.

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 6 months ago

"Where are the reader blogs? Why have you taken them off the front page? Can someone from LJWorld please answer this?"

Have you read some of the reader blogs? Most are horrendous look at me drivel. For example, go read Science Becoming Religion.

labmonkey 1 year, 6 months ago

Where are the reader blogs? Why have you taken them off the front page? Can someone from LJWorld please answer this?

CWGOKU 1 year, 6 months ago

No, but I played 4 square at recess once. I'm going to guess that Spacehog was not a 4-H member

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 6 months ago

You all are looking at a Kansas State Grand Champion in 4H photography.

g_rock 1 year, 6 months ago

Best things about my youth in 4-H: Discovery Days! State Fair trips without the parents. County Ambassadors. Fair ribbons. Decorating cakes for the county fair in 100 degree heat and hoping that it didn't slide apart and melt before you got it to the fairgrounds for judging.

Bill Lee 1 year, 6 months ago

No, but I was around the local 4-H kids while at the Douglas County Fair for many years. I tried to get my kids interested, but it just didn't appeal to them.

Flap Doodle 1 year, 6 months ago

We were such a poor county that we only had 2-H.

rockchalker52 1 year, 6 months ago

Had an answer similar to prospector's, but hey, ya snooze & ya lose. I'm thinkin' Andini not gonna provide his address anytime soon lest babboy skip the four H's & go straight for the club.

LadyJ 1 year, 6 months ago

Does going to the 4-H fairs count?

tange 1 year, 6 months ago

Heaven,
Hell, and
High water, in
Heels

_

prospector 1 year, 6 months ago

Hippies

Highballs

House parties

Hookas

Antonym 1 year, 6 months ago

Why do k-state sheep herders wear knee high boots?

Andini 1 year, 6 months ago

I'm guessing Babboy showed sheep in 4-h...since he's a k-state grad and all.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.