Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Would you like to see more events like the Color Run and the Zombie Walk come to Lawrence?

Comments

Ronnie24 2 years, 2 months ago

Yes, and more info BEFORE the events. Like where to sign up, fees, and such. The Zombie Walk was in the paper, but I didn't see any info on where to sign or if there were any fees. I heard about the Color Run on facebook by reading that a friend was running in it , the night before the event. To bad it sounded like fun, and for a good cause.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 2 years, 2 months ago

I have no problems with having such events, but the Color Run blocked access both into and out of large sections of E. Lawrence, and provided zero advance notice to residents that this would be happening. Not cool.

George_Braziller 2 years, 2 months ago

I agree. I don't have a driveway so I have to park on the street. When there are large events or parades I always make sure to run any errands and be parked well before the event starts. I had heard nothing of this event and had a hard time even getting home because every street was blocked off.

MISTERTibbs 2 years, 2 months ago

I guess the postcards the city sent out a month ago didn't provide enough advance notice. Neither did the emergency no parking signs along the route that appeared last Thursday or the big sign on 6th or the other one on Haskell notifying everyone of an event on Saturday beginning at noon and advising alternate routes be planned.

MISTERTibbs 2 years, 2 months ago

I guess the postcards the city sent out a month ago didn't provide enough advance notice. Neither did the emergency no parking signs along the route that appeared last Thursday or the big sign on 6th or the other one on Haskell notifying everyone of an event on Saturday beginning at noon and advising alternate routes be planned.

Liberty275 2 years, 2 months ago

They should rent Stull for a night and go zombie around looking for Satan, the witch and the werewolf that live there. That would be a party.

LawrenceZombie 2 years, 2 months ago

The zombie walk is on Mass Street so we can draw a crowd to support local businesses, it's well lit and safe to walk on the sidewalks, and plenty of room for spectators. A cemetery would not draw a crowd, is usually on private property, and would be incredibly disrespectful to anyone with a loved one interred there.

LawrenceZombie 2 years, 2 months ago

I like this idea. Wonder if there is a way to do a bloody zombie run.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.