Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Do you think it is important to get a flu shot?

Comments

Klumma 1 year, 6 months ago

"So all the tough guy comments " - BABBOY"

Have you looked in the mirror lately? And, to use your childs' condition of RSV for any excuse to reply is very weak.

Anto, I would agree. And I hope that your post may help with RSV. This could help anyone whom just does not know. Prevention may be the best?? Who knows.

Topeka.... Now I get it.

Antonym 1 year, 6 months ago

"an oxygen tent, and then have to give them Albuterol treatments and clap them with the infant percussor"

If your childcare provider is still attempting to manage RSV in infants and children using these techniques, then you should immediately demand to have your childs care transfered to a provider who is up to date and competent.

autie 1 year, 6 months ago

So you are in the parts store..looking at parts I'm guessing. Did you buy any parts? And her lower back was exposed. Did the tats have any arrows pointing in any particular direction?

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 6 months ago

I was at the parts store today and there was a chick ahead of me in the queue that was mildly stimulating in a slutty way. She had tats on the back of her neck and lower back.

Is that what is meant by "business up front, party in the back"?

youngjayhawk 1 year, 6 months ago

I always get a flu shot. The one year that I forgot (many years ago) I got the flu; painful reminder. Just one more way, along with others mentioned above, to have a healthy winter season. Just do it!

prospector 1 year, 6 months ago

I'm staying off the trade routes!

WOOF

CWGOKU 1 year, 6 months ago

I get tired of everyone needling me about this

Mixolydian 1 year, 6 months ago

As long as all of the rest of you get flu shots....I'm good.

I found a source that claims, in vaccinated populations the incidence of flu is reduced by an average of only 6%. If this is accurate I suppose one would want to weigh the cost benefit of the whole thing. Plus only a few of the currently popular strains are protected against. Out of a couple of hundred.

I would want my other shots before I go camping. Is there a vaccine for chigger bites or back lotion?

"We have small kids one of which had RSV. So all the tough guy comments about not needing the shots just sort of piss me off........." - BABBOY

There is currently no vaccine for RSV, but did you know that proper hand washing and disinfection of surfaces, and other vectors of transmission can reduce the incidence of RSV by 93%.

I know it is difficult to see your child lying there in an oxygen tent, and then have to give them Albuterol treatments and clap them with the infant percussor,

Maybe you should look into your childcare provider hygiene practices.

Proper hand washing, surface disinfection, and other hygiene practices can also reduce the spread of influenza by about the same amount.

consumer1 1 year, 6 months ago

“I am completely against flu shots and vaccines of any kind. I think they’re latent with things that make you sick.”

Says the girl who breathes brown air on a dailey bases. (LA).

consumer1 1 year, 6 months ago

If it is breaking in my front door after 10 PM it will defenitely get shot.

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 6 months ago

"I think it is important to be concerned about what you post on the interweb, not what others put in their body. http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/815217/viewall#/26765519"

Once work safe mode is turned off I see she has tatoos in places girls don't usually have tatoos. And exposed boobies.

Antonym 1 year, 6 months ago

It's a "condition of employment" at my work.

prospector 1 year, 6 months ago

I think it is important to be concerned about what you post on the interweb, not what others put in their body.

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/815217/viewall#/26765519

Damn picture thingy.

Eddie_Haskell 1 year, 6 months ago

No. In other news, I'm out of lotion again.

g_rock 1 year, 6 months ago

I think maybe LA is latent with things that make you sick......justsayin'

Rex Hargis 1 year, 6 months ago

Somedude, you must be a Pesci fan too. Modeling gloves was my first thought. Get the flu shot. It won't kill you (except in very rare cases.) In the early 1900's the flu killed 1000's

somedude20 1 year, 6 months ago

Renee Boult, model, Los Angeles...."what do you model, gloves?"

You cannot get the flu from a flu shot!!! Wait, YOU CANNOT GET THE FLU FROM A FLU SHOT!!! That is a 100% fact. Very small amounts of the population might have an allergic reaction to the shot (and that doesn't mean you get the flu, red arm and sore but steroids fixes that)

Get you GD flu shots so that your disgusting body does not go around getting others sick because if you get the few worker bees sick, who will pay for your social welfare?

RoeDapple 1 year, 6 months ago

RoeDy sees more needles each year than he can count. Even the dentist gets carried away. Yesterday he had my head so numb I chewed off half my lower lip while eating supper. Tastes like chicken.

BABBOY 1 year, 6 months ago

We have small kids one of which had RSV. So all the tough guy comments about not needing the shots just sort of piss me off...........

CWGOKU 1 year, 6 months ago

Sigh............ seems like just about a year ago we had this question. Got a flu shot in the early 80's where I worked, they told me to get one. Gave me the flu. Never took one again and never had the flu again. I'll take a shot of bourbon, please.

When was the last time you washed your hands well?

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 6 months ago

"“I am completely against flu shots and vaccines of any kind. I think they’re latent with things that make you sick.”" Renee

But she has no problems with a bunch of plastic jammed in her face and a bunch of chemicals in her hair.

Golf clap for snap. Every now and then that boy says something that makes me grin.

Now it depends. If you are elderly or have some other issues that would make you more vulnerable or have a compromised immune system...by all means, get the shot. If you are a reasonably healthy and strong person, maybe not, but it wouldn't hurt.

Renee person, you my dear are a flaming idiot.

g_rock 1 year, 6 months ago

I kind of need a few days off work just chilling in bed. So I'm skipping it...

George_Braziller 1 year, 6 months ago

I know two people who have only had the flu one time. Both of them came down with it after getting a flu shot and both said they'd never get another one.

Flap Doodle 1 year, 6 months ago

Eventually those of us that have accepted modern medicine will grow weary of burying the Luddites.

grammaddy 1 year, 6 months ago

I agree with Renee. Never had one,never will.

hitme 1 year, 6 months ago

There are two groups of people, those that get vaccinated and spreaders.

Pitt_Mackeson 1 year, 6 months ago

I don't eat any orange that can smile Wesley :)

Wesley Willis 1 year, 6 months ago

Eat oranges, natures A-Team. And stay away from the dirty bird. And the filthy back alleys. And communists. Also wash your hands. And no hand sanitizer can replace good old soap and water kiddies.

“I am completely against flu shots and vaccines of any kind. I think they’re latent with things that make you sick.” . .

Umm.. Ok. . . And I was going to hit on you? Good luck with that philosophy. . . U'BLECK!!

BTW- Any tattoo over your upper buttocks - mid spine?

Commenting has been disabled for this item.