Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Do you think it is important to get a flu shot?

Comments

Klumma 2 years, 2 months ago

“I am completely against flu shots and vaccines of any kind. I think they’re latent with things that make you sick.” . .

Umm.. Ok. . . And I was going to hit on you? Good luck with that philosophy. . . U'BLECK!!

BTW- Any tattoo over your upper buttocks - mid spine?

Wesley Willis 2 years, 2 months ago

Eat oranges, natures A-Team. And stay away from the dirty bird. And the filthy back alleys. And communists. Also wash your hands. And no hand sanitizer can replace good old soap and water kiddies.

Pitt_Mackeson 2 years, 2 months ago

I don't eat any orange that can smile Wesley :)

grammaddy 2 years, 2 months ago

I agree with Renee. Never had one,never will.

Flap Doodle 2 years, 2 months ago

Eventually those of us that have accepted modern medicine will grow weary of burying the Luddites.

George_Braziller 2 years, 2 months ago

I know two people who have only had the flu one time. Both of them came down with it after getting a flu shot and both said they'd never get another one.

deec 2 years, 2 months ago

After my dad's stroke, the nursing home insisted he get one. It nearly killed him.

RoeDapple 2 years, 2 months ago

RoeDy sees more needles each year than he can count. Even the dentist gets carried away. Yesterday he had my head so numb I chewed off half my lower lip while eating supper. Tastes like chicken.

LadyJ 2 years, 2 months ago

Gosh Roe, everyone knows you drive straight to the nearest place that sells a good shake or malt after going to the dentist. Repeat as necessary till the numbness is gone.

somedude20 2 years, 2 months ago

Renee Boult, model, Los Angeles...."what do you model, gloves?"

You cannot get the flu from a flu shot!!! Wait, YOU CANNOT GET THE FLU FROM A FLU SHOT!!! That is a 100% fact. Very small amounts of the population might have an allergic reaction to the shot (and that doesn't mean you get the flu, red arm and sore but steroids fixes that)

Get you GD flu shots so that your disgusting body does not go around getting others sick because if you get the few worker bees sick, who will pay for your social welfare?

George_Braziller 2 years, 2 months ago

Think you need to go back to biology class and brush up a bit. Vaccines are weakened, altered, or supposedly dead versions of the virus that it's supposed to prevent.

pills4profit 2 years, 2 months ago

Somedude 1, George 0. The flu shot is inactivated and contains no viral machinery that would allow replication. The INACTIVATED flu shots are made up of the tiny proteins that are on the surface of the influenza virus. These proteins are what signal your bodies immune system to ramp up and make WBCs that will destroy the actual influenza virus should you encounter it about 2-4 weeks later. YOU CAN NOT GET SICK FROM THE INACTIVATED FLU VIRUS. If you think you did, you didn't. You probably already had the flu virus a before you got the shot, or came in contact with someone directly after getting the flu shot. George I think it is YOU that needs to go back to biology, or better yet take a pharmacology class.

Now if you are talking about the FluMist influenza vaccine then that is a different story. That particular vaccine is a weakened version of the flu virus. That is why it is only indicated for people who are 18-49 because this population has the strongest immune system and can handle the inactivated flu virus. This virus has only been FDA approved for a few years and actually has better outcomes for pts 18-49.

Do a little research from a valid source like the NIH or CDC.

Rex Hargis 2 years, 2 months ago

Somedude, you must be a Pesci fan too. Modeling gloves was my first thought. Get the flu shot. It won't kill you (except in very rare cases.) In the early 1900's the flu killed 1000's

Eddie_Haskell 2 years, 2 months ago

No. In other news, I'm out of lotion again.

Ceallach 2 years, 2 months ago

Of course there is nothing for chiggers--they are creatures from hell! Nothing short of an exorcism on each of the wee goblins will help.

Although, I do admit to laughing out loud each time I hear a newbie say, "What is a chigger?"

Mixolydian 2 years, 2 months ago

As long as all of the rest of you get flu shots....I'm good.

youngjayhawk 2 years, 2 months ago

I always get a flu shot. The one year that I forgot (many years ago) I got the flu; painful reminder. Just one more way, along with others mentioned above, to have a healthy winter season. Just do it!

Anto, I would agree. And I hope that your post may help with RSV. This could help anyone whom just does not know. Prevention may be the best?? Who knows.

Topeka.... Now I get it.

"So all the tough guy comments " - BABBOY"

Have you looked in the mirror lately? And, to use your childs' condition of RSV for any excuse to reply is very weak.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.