A worker mowing Wednesday morning at Easy Living Mobile Home Park, 3323 Iowa, accidentally damaged part of a natural gas pipe above the ground on a vacant lot.
Curt Floerchinger, a Black Hills Energy spokesman, said a crew eventually replaced the section of pipe, known as a riser, because park management said a trailer would be eventually placed on the lot.
Lawrence Douglas County Fire Medical workers responded at 11:40 a.m. Wednesday, and Division Chief Eve Tolefree, a Lawrence Douglas County Fire Medical spokeswoman, said firefighters were taking readings of air quality levels in the area as they waited for Black Hills Energy workers to arrive.
Floerchinger said no one was injured and that there was no danger to anyone in the surrounding area. Crews had cleared the scene about 12:30 p.m.