• All lanes on the Kansas River Bridge are now open. Workers will return in the spring to complete the remaining northbound lane of the bridge.
l Water main rehabilitation on Kentucky, Ninth, 18th, 13th and Tennessee streets. Parking and a travel lane on Kentucky will be closed, as will parking and travel lanes on Tennessee. Single-lane traffic will still run through the areas. Completion: 2012.
• Kansas River levee closed for construction of Bowersock Mills & Power Co.’s new plant on the north bank. Users will be detoured to city streets crossing at the controlled intersection of North Second and Locust streets. Completion: late 2012.
• Water lines will be replaced along 23rd Street from approximately Barker Avenue to just east of the Douglas County Maintenance yard, 711 E. 23rd St. Sanitary sewer piping will be reconstructed along the Burroughs Creek alignment north and south of East 23rd Street. These projects will close North Perimeter Road and East 23rd Street Frontage Road throughout construction. Completion: June 2012.
U.S. Highway 59
• North 200 Road closed at U.S. Highway 59 for frontage road construction work. Completion: late 2012.
• Northbound will be reduced to one lane from 98th Street and Leavenworth Road from 9 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and occasional Saturdays. Completion: mid-December.