City commissioners will consider approving a site plan, use of right-of-way agreement and a sidewalk dining application for the redevelopment of a Dillons grocery store at 1740 Mass.
Dillons hopes to raze its 1960s-era store and replace it with a larger, more modern facility. Tuesday’s approvals would be among the last needed before the store could start construction. In addition to the site plan for the store, the city is being asked to approve a drive-through pharmacy lane that would be on city right-of-way, and an outdoor dining area that would be on the city sidewalk that runs along Massachusetts Street.
• Proclaim the week of April 25–29 as Tree City USA Week and April 29 as Arbor Day.
• Proclaim the month of May 2011 as Bike Month and the week of May 16–20 as Bike-To-Work Week.
• Receive minutes from various boards and commissions.
• Approve all claims. The list of approved claims will be posted to the agenda the day after the City Commission meeting.
• Approve licenses as recommended by the City Clerk’s Office.
• Bid and purchase items:
a) Set a bid opening date of May 17, 2011, for the purchase and installation of a new CXT restroom facility at the Youth Sports Complex.
b) Award bid for 3,500 tons of road salt for Public Works Department to Cargill Salt for $49.98 a ton or $174,930 with an option for additional 1,000 tons if needed for $49,980, for a total of $224,910.
c) Award the bid for Bid No. B1106 Project WW0601, Anaerobic Digester Improvements Wastewater Treatment Plant to the low bidder, Walters Morgan Construction Inc., for $3,130,000 and authorize the City Manager to execute the contract.
d) Authorize the City Manager to execute Supplemental Agreement No.2 to the existing Engineering Services Agreement with Black & Veatch in the amount of $320,000 for construction phase engineering services in conjunction with project WW0601 improvements to the Anaerobic Digester Process at the Wastewater Treatment Plant.
• Adopt on first reading, Ordinance No. 8630, designating portions of Seventh Street and North Park Street as a main trafficway. This ordinance is necessary in order to debt finance the proposed curb and sidewalk repair project in the downtown area.
• Adopt on second and final reading, Ordinance No. 8626, to rezone (Z-1-1-11, Z-1-2-11, Z-1-3-11, Z-11-25-09, Z-11-26-09, Z-11-28-09) approximately 1.1 acres, located at 1340 Tenn., 1344 Tenn. 1343 Tenn., 1403 Tenn., 1400 Ohio, and 413 W. 14th St., from RM32 (Multi-Dwelling Residential) to MU (Mixed Use).
• Approve Special Event Permit request, SE-3-12-11, for Country Produce at the Sears parking lot, 2727 Iowa, July 15 through Aug. 15.
• Approve Special Event Permit request, SE-4-13-11, for a Dale Willey Automotive tent sale at the Sears parking lot, 2727 Iowa, May 5-7.
• Authorize the City Manager to provide written notice to Rural Water District No. 13 of the City’s intent to annex approximately 7.6 acres of land located adjacent to the City’s runway at the Lawrence Municipal Airport, in accordance with K.S.A. 12-539.
• Authorize the city manager to execute a site agreement for the lease of city of Lawrence property on the Sixth and Kasold Water Tank, 3708 W. Sixth St., to T-Mobile Central, LLC.
• Approve as signs of community interest a request from the Lawrence Home Builders Association to place directional signs in various rights-of-way from April 30 through May 8 for the Spring Parade of Homes, contingent on adjacent property owner approval.
• City manager’s report.
• Consider approving the site plan, use of right-of-way requests for Massachusetts and New Hampshire streets, and sidewalk dining application for the redevelopment of the Dillons site at 1740 Mass.
• Receive request from the city of Eudora for a letter of support concerning median protections along K-10 Highway.