• Expect single lane closures or entire street closures on East 19th Street from Massachusetts to Almira Avenue. Street maintenance lasts until the end of November. Traffic will be allowed on the street to access driveways.
• City crews are street patching on East 15th Street from Brook Street to Prospect Avenue. The 1300 and 1400 blocks of East 15th Street will be closed during working hours. The eastbound lane on East 15th Street will be closed. Then, the westbound lane will be closed for 10 days. A detour can be taken along East 13th Street and Oak Hill Avenue.
• No left turns will be allowed onto Indiana Street from east or westbound Sixth Street. In the 500 block of Indiana Street, the southbound lane will be closed to through traffic. In the 600 block, the northbound lane will be closed to through traffic. Local access to Indiana Street will be on Fifth and Seventh streets. City crews are replacing a water line.
U.S. Highway 59
• North 200 Road is closed at U.S. Highway 59 for frontage road construction work. The road will be tied to the new frontage road that runs parallel to the new U.S. Highway 59. Work is scheduled to be completed in late 2012.
• North 650 Road is closed at U.S. Highway 59 and to the west for work on a frontage road, interchange ramps and new bridge to carry North 650 Road over U.S. Highway 59.
U.S. Highway 24
• Mud Creek Bridge along U.S. Highway 24, east of Lawrence Municipal Airport, remains limited to one lane of traffic as crews add pavement to the bridge deck. Expect delays, as traffic is governed by temporary traffic signals expected to be in service until late fall.
Kansas Highway 10
• Moving lane closures will take place on both the eastbound and westbound lanes from Kansas Highway 7 to Interstate 435. The project will start on Sunday and run during the daylight hours through Tuesday.
• From Monday through Wednesday, the right lane in both directions will be closed from I-435 to 87th Street for survey work. Crews will start work in the northbound direction and then move to the southbound lane. The project should be finished by Wednesday.
• From 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Tuesday, the eastbound right and center lane will be closed over the Pflumm Road bridge for pavement repair work. The project should be completed by Tuesday.
• A repair and resurfacing project is under way for the westbound and northbound side of I-435, from 87th Street to Antioch Road in Johnson County. Work is set for Monday through Friday between 7:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. and around the clock on the weekend from 7:30 p.m. Friday to 5:30 a.m. Monday. Drivers should expect delays and find an alternate route if possible. The project is expected to be completed in mid-November.