• The Kansas Turnpike's East Lawrence interchange, which is Exit 204 in North Lawrence, is closed for reconstruction; it is scheduled to reopen by Thanksgiving.
• Nieder Road, from 31st to 33rd streets, is scheduled to be repaved this week.
• Construction work continues at the intersection of North Second and Locust streets in North Lawrence. The entire project is scheduled for completion in August.
• Pavement-patching and road-resurfacing work will cause intermittent delays on streets in North Lawrence. The city’s annual repaving program continues, with crews working on a number of residential streets.
• The right lane for traffic heading north on Iowa Street will remain closed this week from Harvard Road to Ninth Street as crews replace an underground water line. Also continuing: intermittent lane and access closures west of Iowa on Orchard Lane, from Iowa to Centennial Drive; Westdale Road, from Harvard to Yale Road; and on Yale, from Westdale to Iowa.
• Crews will continue crack-sealing work, generally on streets east of Iowa Street. Temporary lane closures are expected but no detours onto other streets are scheduled.
• The 900 block of New York Street is closed to through traffic, as crews work to restore it as a brick street.
• Douglas County Road 9, which is East 1500 Road, reopened Friday to traffic from the Kansas Turnpike to U.S. Highway 24-40. The stretch had been closed as reconstruction work continues on the turnpike.
U.S. Highway 24
• Mud Creek bridge along U.S. Highway 24, east of Lawrence Municipal Airport, remains limited to one lane of traffic, as crews add pavement to the bridge deck. Expect delays, as traffic is governed by temporary traffic signals expected to be in service until late fall.
• Eastbound I-70 is reduced to one lane from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily except Sundays, extending from 3.3 miles just west of Urish Road to Danbury Lane and also from just east of Carnahan Avenue to the Kansas Turnpike Authority east toll booth plaza, all in Shawnee County, for concrete repair work. Work is scheduled to be finished in October.
• Drivers heading west on I-70, from 94th to 110th streets in Wyandotte County, are limited to a single lane as crews replace pavement near Kansas Speedway and I-70’s connections with Interstate 435, a project expected to last through late summer. The ramp for traffic from northbound I-435 to westbound I-70 is closed and is not scheduled to reopen until late summer.
Other ramps to be closed: westbound I-70 to southbound I-435, June to late summer; and westbound I-70 to northbound I-435, July to late summer.
• The left lane for traffic heading east on I-70, from 110th to 94th streets in Johnson County, will be closed from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Tuesday for paving work.
• The exit ramp normally used by drivers heading west on I-470 and turning onto Fairlawn Road in Shawnee County is closed as part of an intersection-reconstruction project at 29th Street. The ramp will be closed around the clock into July.
• The right lane for traffic heading north on Interstate 435 in Johnson County will be closed from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday from Interstate 35 to Shawnee Mission Parkway in Johnson County, as crews repair pavement.
• Traffic heading north on I-435 will face alternating lane closures from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday from Midland Drive to 87th Street in Johnson County as crews repair pavement.