University Bridge Club announces results of its May 30 meeting, with hosts Ray and Myrna Ikenberry.
Blue winners were Tom Waller, first; Paul Jordan, second; Darlene Schneider, third; Bebe Huxtable, fourth; and John Golden, fifth.
Pink winners were Carolyn Jordan, first; Mary Fleske, second; Isabelle Schaake, third; Mary Gaumer, fourth; and Alice Akin, fifth.
• The Monday Evening Duplicate Bridge Club’s game on June 1 was directed by Virginia Seaver. North-South winners were Mary Fenlon and Julia Dalton, first in A; Lois Jones and Vince Nordberg, second in A; Harry Shaffer and Terry Tolar, third in A and first in B; Grant Sutton and Jim Stewart, second in B; and Craig Huneke and Jeremy Martin, first in C.
East-West winners were Steven Vossler and James Masilamani, first in A; David Piro and Brian Barrett, second in A; John Fittell and Adelaide Nyquist, third in A, and first in B and C; and Jolene Andersen and Patrick Musick, second in B and C.
• The Friday Afternoon Duplicate Bridge Club’s game on May 29 was directed by Virginia Seaver. North-South winners were Tom Peavler and Steven Vossler, first in A; Craig Huneke and Harry Shaffer, second in A and first in B; Jim Stewart and Vince Nordberg, third in A, second in B, and first in C; Catherine Blumenfeld and Lois Clark, fourth in A, third in B, and second in C; Klee Zaricky and Sally Taylor, fourth in B.
East-West winners were Paul Heitzman and David Piro, first in A; L. Schottler and Elizabeth Jankord, second in A and first in B; Jolene Andersen and Judy Bevan, third in A, second in B, and first in C; Dick Shaffer and Jack Flickinger, fourth in A, third in B, and second in C; Shirley Reese and Carol Ball, fourth in B; and Madelyn Jenks and Mona Bell, third in C.
• The Thursday Morning Mentor Duplicate Bridge Club’s game on May 28 utilized an individual movement and was directed by Virginia Seaver. Winners were Virginia Seaver, first; Lester Dalton, second; Barbara McCorkle, third; and Patricia Lechtenberg tied in fourth with Mary Cornwell, Angie Davidson, Dick Shaffer and Earle Core.
• The Wednesday Afternoon Duplicate Bridge Club’s game on May 27 was directed by Chris Lane. North-South winners were Ed Howard and Harry Shaffer, first in A; Lester Dalton and Mary Fenlon, second in A; Nita Scales and Shari Krentzel, third in A and first in B; Earle Core and Albert Ballard, fourth in A, second in B, and first in C; and Carol Ball and Chris Lane, third in B.
East-West winners were Grant Sutton and Catherine Blumenfeld, first in A and B; Yvonne Hedges and Sally Taylor, second in A and B; Marilyn Martin and Jack Flickinger, third in A and first in C; and Wanna Roszel and Bebe Huxtable, fourth in A.
• Lawrence Sigma Alpha Iota Alumnae and Patroness chapter will celebrate its 106th Founder’s Day at 10 a.m. June 13 at the home of Patroness Juila Broxholm, 3214 Calvin Drive, Lawrence. Music fraternity co-hosts will be Betty Jo Miller, Virginia Penny and Janis Hutchison.