Business

Business

Franchise owner attends conference

January 2, 2009

Vern McCollough, owner of American Leak Detection Serving Eastern Kansas & Western Missouri, attended the company’s annual conference Nov. 19-22 at the Doral Golf Resort and Spa in Miami, with other franchise owners.

The conference included everything from receptions, training, panel discussions and break-out sessions on topics like technology and customer service.

“We all gained something spectacular from this event,” McCollough said. “Whether it was educational information on leaks, advice and support on running our individual franchise locations, or just having a plain old good time. I’m excited to show my staff, as well as my customers, all that I’ve learned from the conference.”

For more information about American Leak Detection Serving Eastern Kansas & Western Missouri, or about the company’s conference, please contact McCollough at

(816) 331-0900.

Comments

Sigmund 5 years, 3 months ago

password (Anonymous) says… "LJW should have said what kind of leaks they're talking about."Those are the kind of leaks "they" are trying to prevent. If I told you who "they" are I would have to kill you so don't ask.

yellowhouse 5 years, 3 months ago

YEp, the title has changed... I think the problem got leaked...

password 5 years, 3 months ago

LJW should have said what kind of leaks they're talking about.

Sigmund 5 years, 3 months ago

Odd that the headline changed here from "Local Leak Expert Attends Conference" to "Franchise Owner Attends Conference." Obviously the disinformation campaign and denials have started in order to cover up all the leaks.

RedwoodCoast 5 years, 3 months ago

Maybe we can get a communications leak from the LJWorld regarding leak specificity in this article.

bearded_gnome 5 years, 3 months ago

hey,before the official new year, we got a "leak second" didn't we?what if this guy is about the leaks in the space-time continuum? I'm sorry you guys got all pi$$ed off about the lack of leak elucidation in this article.

ASBESTOS 5 years, 3 months ago

http://www.americanleakdetection.com/IT iw about "water intrusion" into buildings.The LJWorld needs to be slapped. I come to a paper for "explanations", and nor "more questions". These idiots could have let us know about what this was about."Journalistic Integrity and Professionalism"?Dead, it is now a putrid rotting corpse.

TheStig 5 years, 3 months ago

"I’m excited to show my staff, as well as my customers, all that I’ve learned from the conference.”Don't bother, the information has already been leaked.

GardenMomma 5 years, 3 months ago

Air leaks? Gas leaks? Security leaks? Water leaks? What kind of leaks? Why assume that every reader knows what "American Leak Detection Serving Eastern Kansas & Western Missouri" is? Sheesh!

Pywacket 5 years, 3 months ago

Like Solomon, I also thought this was going to be something about urologists. What a drippy article it turned out to be. Maybe the "local leak expert" just wanted everybody to know he was spending time at the posh Doral resort. Wonder if they'll feed the conference goers cockaleekie soup....

BrianR 5 years, 3 months ago

Leak detection is also important if you're trying to house train a dog.

woodenfleaeater 5 years, 3 months ago

LJW should not have "leaked" this story.Agree w/ Sigmund. This is on my list as well.

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 3 months ago

Sig,You make the list, and I'll have the lolposters to go with them!;~D

jaycat 5 years, 3 months ago

I thought he was the radiator guy who used to have the sign in front of his business that read, "Best place in town to take a leak!"

hawkperchedatriverfront 5 years, 3 months ago

I thought the article was about "leaks" in the Chamber of Commerce's activities or the back alley politics of the city commission. We need a Leak Conference in Lawrence. Just imagine a yearly conference with the leak experts from Washington, various city governments and news medias.

Sigmund 5 years, 3 months ago

OK, I know this is early in the new year and I am going out on a limb here, but this is going be in my LJW Top 10 most useless articles of 2009 list.

autie 5 years, 3 months ago

So, hey baby...what's leakin?

yellowhouse 5 years, 3 months ago

I think I have a leak coming from my head...I wonder if he can help?And please don't say I need to be arrested again because orange does not match my hair!

Eybea Opiner 5 years, 3 months ago

I didn't read the article, but I assume from the headline that he's gone to a Urologist's convention.