Archive for Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Lawrence school bus drivers to vote on joining Teamsters union

The Teamsters might soon be driving Lawrence children to school.

September 24, 2008, 11:38 a.m. Updated September 24, 2008, 1:24 p.m.

On the street

Would you join a union if one were available in your field?

Yes, I would. I used to work for UPS, and it’s very beneficial to be part of a union. They watch your back and take care of you, so I think it’s a good idea.

More responses

The bus drivers who transport Lawrence public school children may soon become members of the Teamsters union.

A federally supervised election is scheduled take place on Friday, during which the approximately 140 school bus drivers and bus monitors - who work for the large international transportation company First Student - can vote to join the union.

A Teamsters field representative has been standing on the public sidewalk outside the First Student bus barn at 1548 E. 23rd Street for several days. The main issues of the election, he said, are wages and benefits.

"They're not paid very well for the amount of responsibility they have," said Gordon Ament, a field organizer for the union. "They haul our most precious resource, children, but are really underpaid for what they do."

Wayne Zachary, contract manager for First Student's Lawrence operations, said the company tries to be fair with wages it pays, and had been successful in hiring a full slate of drivers. He said the company is taking a hands-off approach with the union issue.

"Our policy is that they're free to associate or not to associate," Zachary said. "We back ourselves out of it and tell them that it is up to them."

Zachary said bus drivers are paid a starting wage of $10.60 an hour, and bus monitors are paid a starting wage of $8.30 an hour. Both positions are guaranteed at least two hours of pay for every route that they run. The company does not pay for any health insurance benefits for drivers or monitors, Zachary said.

The bigger issue for citizens may be whether a unionized force of bus drivers will end up increasing the school district's transportation costs. First Student has a contract to provide bus service for the school district through the 2011 school year. Zachary said it doesn't appear that the contract contains a provision allowing the company to pass along higher union wages to the school district.

Rick Gammill, who supervises transportation issues for the school district, agreed. He said the district's transportation costs - about $3.5 million per year - are locked in through 2011. The only thing that can cause the contract amount to increase is higher fuel prices.

"The average citizen I don't think will notice anything from this," said Gammill, who said the district is neutral on the union vote. "No increase in taxes or fees."

What impact it could have after 2011 can't be known until after the bus company and the union have negotiations, if it even comes to that, Zachary said.

"We don't guarantee them that they'll get any certain amount of raise," Ament said. "We just promise them that they'll be well-represented.

Results of the election should be known by early Friday evening.

Comments

Facts_vs_Fiction 6 years, 3 months ago

I see the need to correct some errors listed by some bloggers in regard to 1st Student and a Teamsters Union Contract. Continues I see the need to correct some errors listed by some bloggers in regard to 1st Student and a Teamsters Union Contract.6. All elections and collective bargaining are under Government regulations. All Votes are secret and no names are allowed upon the secret ballots. No 1st Student employee can be intimidated, threatened or fired without just cause and these events are all monitored by the Union Local. All union members must have Union representation for any attempts by 1st Student to warn, correct, or discipline them. 7. 1st Students' cost of fuel has a ceiling on $ 1.50 per gallon cost and all costs over this amount are born by the School District. This means that 1st Student is able to budget accurately its' costs of operation. Having a Union ensures that all wage increases, etc. are agreed upon and known for budget purposes. No surprises here.8. 1st Student is a foreign owned company with headquarters in England. There they own many public means of transportation ranging from trains to buses and others. 9. The Teamsters cover the UPS drivers here in the U.S.A. which is the largest driver Teamster covered company. At this time 1st Student is already the 3rd most driver covered company. 10, Any and ALL current 1st Student / former Laidlaw practices and guarantees can and should be incorporated into a Union Contract. Covered Union employees must approve the Contract before being charged union dues. Also both 1st Student and the Teamsters Must bargain in good faith. Any failure to do this could result in a Government Arbitrator stepping in and forcing a resolution. The Government Arbitrators to my knowledge have never failed to put all pre-existing agreements and practices into the contract. This would include park outs, 2 hour shift guarantees, and any other pre-existing practices.11. Before anyone hears more false propaganda or current employee "Opinions", they should check out the Truth and Facts before they let these opinions affect their own. Remember, only Organizing will ensure all employees will be treated fairly and honestly. This actually assists 1st Student in avoiding frivolous lawsuits, disagreements, and other repercussions. 12. Lastly, having Union Representation guarantees that fairness, equality, and Seniority are observed for ALL employees. No one would have to worry about being bypassed when being offered driver / monitor opportunities.12. It is interesting that some people are so set in their ways that they would deny other employees their right to join and be represented by a Union. 13. Fear is the weapon of the ignorant and uninformed. Check out any opinions, base all your decisions on Honest Factual Information.

cds 6 years, 3 months ago

HappyEmployee (Anonymous) says: Ok Heres the math, I make 11.80 an hour, at that rate I will have to pay 2.5 x 11.80 for union dues, That is 29.50 a month. 29.50 x12 months, ( now remember about 3 of those months is summer I dont work much, but still pay the union dues. Thats 354.00 a year.I work 30 hours a week, 30 x 52 weeks, now keep in mind some of those weeks I dont work, some of those weeks are summer work. that adds up to 1560 hours. Now if the union comes in and I get 50 cents more an hour, which is about 10 cents more than I got this year. 10 cents more adds up to 3 bucks a week, 156.00 a year. If I pay 354 in union dues, and my raise is 156, wheres my profit ? I loose 198.00. Thats a whole car payment for me. I just cant vote for something that profits some one else. Voting no union is the logical choice.___I know someone who works at First student , who has worked there for many years, the only thing this person would get out of going union would be losing out on a good 45-100 bucks a month. Guess where that money goes? You guessed it, the union. What would this person get later? Not a damn thing other than missing out on money they would have made, that instead got sent to a union.

volunteer 6 years, 3 months ago

I hope their union is more effective than the teachers' bargaining unit, which cannot even get a 30 minute, duty-free lunch for its elementary teachers.

prounion 6 years, 3 months ago

I feel I must clarify a few things. Not everything Wayne Zachary has said is true. There has been at least one pro union employ fired and several others disciplined for things that normally would been overlooked. Also the rules are not always followed, some employees are treated differently than others, such as trips, tardiness, dress code, and some drivers are being allowed to keep their bus at home while others are not. One driver was allowed to drive his bus home every evening. He lived in Topeka, the school district was charged for the fuel this bus consumed. Seniority doesn't count for anything . As for the Union, employees don't have to join but will receive the same benefits. But management will have to follow their own rules. And YOU are not losing anything. If there is a wage increase it will come out of First Students profits not the school district or taxpayers.

babygirl08 6 years, 3 months ago

YES, IT IS A SECRET BALLOT AND THAT IS TRUE THAT YOU MAKE YOURSELF AS VALUABLE TO YOUR EMPLOYER AS YOU WANT TO BE. FURTHER MORE, COME ON GIVE ME A BREAK. THIS PERSON IN QUESTION FOR BEING FIRED, DON'T KNOW HOW TO KEEP THEIR MOUTH SHUT. IT WAS HIS ATTITUDE AND HE'S ALWAYS RIGHT AND EVERYONE ELSE IS WRONG LOOK ON THINGS THAT GOT HIM WHERE HE IS! THE SCHOOL DISTRICT IS OUR CUSTOMER AND NEEDS TO BE TREATED WITH RESPECT AND NOT WITH ATTITUDE. IF YOU FOLLOW THE RULES AND DO YOUR JOB YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. AND FURTHERMORE, YOU CAN NOT SAY WE WILL NOT LOOSE ANYTHING BECAUSE YOU DO NOY KNOW THAT FOR A FACT! THAT HAS BEEN THE PROBLEM WITH THIS FROM THE START. YOU HAVE BEEN LYING TO PEOPLE ABOUT WAGES AND BENEFITS AND EVERYTHING ELSE FOR THAT MATTER. YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WE WILL END UP WITH OR END UP LOOSING UNTILL IT HAPPENS SO STOP WRITTING CHECKS YOUR A** CAN'T CASH! WHO EXACTLY DO YOU THINK PAYS OUR WAGES? YES THEY COME FROM FIRST STUDENT BUT WHERE DOES FIRST STUDENT GET THE MONEY? THAT'S RIGHT, THE SCHOOL DISTRICT THAT EMPLOYS US. HUM ISN'T THAT FUNNY HOW THAT WORKS OUT?

gccs14r 6 years, 3 months ago

The idea that we need specialized buses to take kids to school is lunacy. We have a city bus service they could use.

Michael Throop 6 years, 3 months ago

In terms of how much wages could go up if a union is established, the Teamsters representative said that is tough to say."We don't guarantee them that they'll get any certain amount of raise," Ament said. "We just promise them that they'll be well-represented:.--yep..drivers CAN'T get any more money until at least 2011, and they won't talking with the school district,but a third party. But, hey, you can pay those nice Teamsters dues for your trouble,and we know the company THOSE union leaders have kept over the years...

MsKim9 6 years, 3 months ago

Wow!! How exciting! I am so glad that people other than "Prounion types" are finally getting their piece said! Prounion, are you sure that the topeka driver's gas money was coming from the school district? Is that because you pay the bills or send the bills OR maybe you have NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BILLS and as usual you are talking about stuff you don't anything about!! And if anything about unfair-fair treatment, I think First Student has been too easy on the way you guys have been forcing yourselfs on others! Not the other way around!

cattail 6 years, 3 months ago

I work at FIrstStudent, I have read the web page for the union, I have tried to be open minded about the whole matter. I have tried to stay friends with my fellow employees that have tried their best to persuade me into voting yes. I have talked to both sides. Weighed the issues and I see the only ones coming out if this deal smelling sweet is the union. My vote on friday will be NO UNION.I would like to ad that Wayne , Barbara and the whole staff at FirstStudent are first rate, decent , fair , good people,

MsKim9 6 years, 3 months ago

What's so funny about all this union stuff is that some of those who are complaining and talking about unfair trreatment are the same ones that Wayne has given breaks to! Some should have been fired but weren't...but No, the management is unfair! Whatever! Responsibility for your own actions-You want union-then there will probably be no more "Mister Nice Guy-Let's see what we can work out Guy"-It will be "It's union-cut-and-dry guy!"

HappyEmployee 6 years, 3 months ago

FACT- I have received a raise EVERY YEAR that I have been with Laidlaw / FirstStudent. I am paid and treated fairly. Thats good enought for me.

MsKim9 6 years, 3 months ago

With or without the union, people can be treated fairly. It is funny that these people who aren't at Lawrence-First Student talk about unfairness and unequality for all employees. You have a couple of people say they aren't being treated fairly and Lawrence-First Student is a horrible place to be! Whatever. ANY business you go to there are some problems. There are situations that cannot be avoided and there are things that you just aren't going to be happy about-NO JOB IS PERFECT!! And no union can "fix" that!We have all asked that people find out the facts. Union people tell them to go to the Union website-How is that being informed? Go to the other websites and see the other side. Fact Vs Fiction- it is not ignorance or being set in certain ways that helps us say no. Its information received and researched. Its deception by union (untruths given to sway people). Its experience. And its others who have joined the teamsters and aren't happy!

cds 6 years, 3 months ago

Oh, sorry I'm wrong, it's not 45-100 a month, it's 45-100 a week.

branded 6 years, 3 months ago

Isn't it amazing?I have worked as a Bus Driver for a while now.In all the time I have been here I haven't been happy with everything that goes on,But in the years that I have been here I have been treated as fairly as one should expect.Where can a person go and work a part time job and get paid HOLIDAYS?How many times does a person have to say no to joining the union until they finaly get you to say yes just to get you to sign the card so they will leave you alone.Why did they say so many things about what a person could get,yet never tell a person what they might also lose.If I needed someone to talk for me I'D ask.I have always been able to hold my own.Some say they need the Union so THEY just can't be fired.If that is the case what are they doing to have to be afraid.I for one Think that I am being treated fairly.If they think that they need Paid Health Insurance and all the other things you would get with a full time job then they better go get them a full time job.Don't mess with what I make,I didn't ask for it.Better ask all the people that you are putting all these numbers in front of if they can really afford the Union dues they will have to pay.If you are unhappy with something happening at FirstStudent Why do you think you need to take it out on all the others.If YOU don't like it go find something else to do and leave us alone.MY VOTE "NO UNION"

babygirl08 6 years, 3 months ago

WAY TO GO MSKIM9! FACT_VS_FICTION, ONCE AGAIN IT IS YOUR SIDE TRYING TO PERSWAY PEOPLES VOTES! WE ARE NOT TRYING TO DENY OUR FELLOW EMPLOYEES ANYTHING. AS FAR AS THAT GOES IT IS YOU GUYS TRYING TO DENY US OUR RIGHTS TO VOTE NO IF THAT IS HOW WE FEEL ABOUT IT SO STOP TRYING TO MAKE YOURSELF SOUND SO GREAT! YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING BUT HARRASS PEOPLE FOR THE LAST MONTH TRYING TO GET THEM TO VOTE YES, I HAVE BEEN ONE OF THEM! THAT IS WHAT HAS TURNED MOST PEOPLE AWAY FROM YOU . PEOPLE DO NOT LIKE TO BE HARRASSED. WE KNOW THAT THE UNION IS TRYING TO FORM AND GOD KNOWS WE ALL SEE THAT YOU HAVE BEEN STANDING ON THE "SIDEWALK" STOPPING EVERYONE, BLOCKING TRAFFIC ECT TO PERSWAY PEOPLE. SO THEREFORE. IT IS YOU TRYING TO DENY VOTERS THEIR GIVIN RIGHT TO VOTE HOW THEY WISH TO. AND OF COURSE, LET'S GO TO THE TEAMSTERS WEB SITE. WHY WOULD I WANT TO DO THAT? THEY HAVE NOT ONE BAD THING ABOUT TEAMSTERS ON THERE SO THERFORE IT IS ONE SIDED. PEOPLE DO NEED TO DO THEIR RESEARCH AND VOTE INFORMED. I GOT MY INFO ON TEAMSTERS FORM PEOPLE I KNOW THAT WORK FOR COMPANIES IN LAWRENCE THAT HAVE TEAMSTERS AND THEY ARE NOT HAPPY WITH THEM AMONG OTHER PEOPLE I KNOW THAT HAVE ONCE BEEN A MEMBER ALONG WITH ADDITIONAL RESEARCH AS WELL SO THEREFORE I HAVE DONE MY RESEARCH. THESE ARE PEOPLE I WOULD TRUST WITH MY LIFE IF I HAD TO AND I VALUE THEIR OPINON. DO YOU REALLY THINK I AM GOING TO TRUST YOU WITH MY LIFE? I DON'T THINK SO! YEARS AGO WE USED TO BE UNION.. THERES A REASON WE ARE NOT NOW. SO THERFORE, YOU DO YOUR RESEARCH!

Daddysgirl 6 years, 3 months ago

I am about sick of union being forced down the throat. I been with this company for many yrs.I for one have had 4 different managers and there has always been issues with the management but if you don't think you know more than management then there isnt a problem. They only do what the higher ups make them do. I do as im told to do and do my job well. There has been big Changes for us all since First Student took over and i know it hasnt been easy for management down to us workers. If your courtesy to our customers you get better results then being nasty or arrogant with them. I for one don't want to lose anything when it comes to what i already get becos of tthe yrs i been there and if you want full time pay get a fulltime job. It seems like you always lose something to gain something else and im not willing to lose my seniority so i can gain a few cents more and nothing to show for how long i been with a company. My mate died and i am living on my own and dont need to pay union dues no matter how small they are, we need our money, not teamsters.I dont have anyone else to lean on just me and i represent me better than anyone else, so you all do what you want too and i will do what i want and it sure isnt voting a union in and if you all would look at one company to another johnson county gets paid more because they are a wealthier school district. Consider all the facts before jumping in to the middle of a big cr** Pile.

babygirl08 6 years, 3 months ago

I FEEL I MUST RESPOND TO THIS ISSUE. AS A FIRST STUDENT EMPLOYEE FOR SEVERAL YEARS, THIS JOB REALLY DOES NOT PAY THAT BAD CONSIDERING IT IS A PART TIME JOB. I UNDERSTAND THAT PEOPLE WANT MORE MONEY , WHO WOULDN'T BUT AT WHAT EXPENSE? WHILE WE DO NOT HAVE GREAT BENEFITS, THEY REALLY ARE NOT THAT BAD. WE GET MORE NOW THAN WE EVER HAVE AND THAT IS IN PART TO MANAGEMENT. WE GET PAID FOR CERTAIN HOLIDAYS, ALSO A WEEK AT CHRISTMAS BREAK AND A WEEK AT SPRING BREAK AS WELL AS ADDITIONAL PAID DAYS OFF WHEN SCHOOL IS OUT FOR CONFRENCES ECT. DEPENDING ON HOW LONG YOU HAVE BEEN THERE WILL DECIDE HOW MANY ADDITIONAL PAID DAYS YOU GET. WE HAVE SOME TOP SENIOR PEOPLE THAT ARE GETTING 12 PAID DAYS OFF GRANTED, THE ONES THAT HAVE BEEN THERE LESS, GET FEWER PAID DAYS OFF BUT, THEY STILL GET SOME. THIS IS CONSIDERED A PART TIME SEASONAL JOB. IF YOU WANT GREAT PAY AND BENEFITS THAT COME WITH A FULL TIME JOB, THEN GO GET ONE AND WORK YOUR A** OFF TO GET IT. WHILE WE DO HAVE GREAT RESPONSIBILITY IN TRANSPORTING OUR PRECIOUS CARGO TO AND FROM SCHOOL AND SCHOOL RELATED ACTIVITIES WE REALLY DO NOT WORK THAT HARD. LET'S SAY WE GET $2.50 MORE AN HOUR OVER 5 YEARS. THAT IS .50 CENTS A YEAR GIVE OR TAKE AND KEEP IN MIND, FOR THAT .50 CENTS MORE AN HOUR, YOU HAVE MONTHLY UNION DUES TO PAY. SO, HOW MUCH ARE YOU REALLY MAKING? AS FOR INSURANCE, HOW MUCH ARE YOU GOING TO HAVE TO PAY OUT OF POCKET FOR BETTER HEALTH BENEFITS? AND IF YOU ADD YOUR FAMILY TO IT, HOW MUCH MORE IS THAT? ARE YOU REALLY MAKING ANYTHING FOR THAT $2.50 MORE AN HOUR? YOU HEARD IT IN THIS ARTICAL, THEY CAN NOT PROMISE ANYTHING OTHER THAN GREAT REPRESENTATION. WELL, THERE IS NO ONE THAT CAN REPRESENT ME BETTER THAN I CAN REPRESENT MYSELF. MANAGEMENT IS GOOD AT LISTENING TO OUR CONCERNS AND TRYING TO GET BETTER THINGS FOR US. WE HAVE ALMOST NEW IF NOT BRAND NEW BUSES TO CARRY OUR PRECIOUS CARGO IN AS WELL. SO AGAIN I MUST SAY TO WHAT EXPENSE ARE WE GOING TO LOOSE SOME OF WHAT WE ALREADY HAVE FOR THAT $2.50 MORE AN HOUR?

Daddysgirl 6 years, 3 months ago

Isn't it funny how people like to point fingers at the management for whats coming down, Look at what you might be doing to get yourself where your at . It's a damn shame that people can't take the responsibilty for their own actions that get them in trouble or put in the position of being fired. You know if you do your job and do it with the utmost respect you get good results. Look and Listen sometimes you'll see that the biggest changes to our company came after First Student took over. Look at your self before pointingfingers at others and no i dont kiss management a** i think you just respect those that are over you.

HappyEmployee 6 years, 3 months ago

I work for First Student as a driver, have been there several years. I knew when I took the job it was part time,I knew what benifits we got wouldnt be alot, I have worked at other bus barns and I get paid more here than other companies I have worked for.I for one am not willing to take a chance on loosing what benifits I do have. There are no guarantees with the union , other than they can do my talking. I have never felt that I needed some one to do my talking for me, The management has always treated me fairly, I have gotten a raise every year that I have been driving . If I get a 50 cent raise,( I got 40 cents this year) and then have to pay union dues, I will be loosing money, remember this is a part time job. some here work 20 hrs a week. I will be voting NO and I hope my fellow employees do the same. If the unhappy employees want full time benifits they need to go to a full time job. I am happy with my part time job.

MsKim9 6 years, 3 months ago

I agree with Babygirl08! I also work at First Student and I really don't know what all the fuss is about!! I say, "NO UNION!!" After reading the other blogs, I think some have misunderstood things. We do get raises without the union-we aren't locked into a pay rate until 2011, but if the union steps in, we will be locked into whatever THEY decide! The pay scale for a normal-part time-seasonal job is under what we get paid! Our wages are pretty good considering. The benefits of paid holidays are really good and so are some of the other fringe benefits we get. I really agree with Babygirl08 about getting a full time job, if you want the type of benefits that the company pay for! The choice was theirs to work at First Student with good pay and few health benefits. Why they are trying to start stuff now, I don't know!! I love my job! I I have great communication with my manager! I don't need to pay a third party to do for me what I can do for myself. Heck, First Student has been paying for an employee-committee for years to listen to concerns of its fellow employees. Why should we pay someone when they are? Pogo, I don't feel that we are getting messed over by "THE MAN." We aren't even city employees, so all the smashing of the city of Lawrence doesn't even apply to us. Thanks for your concern though!Some of us at First Student don't feel that the union is necessary here in Lawrence, while I respect the decisions of others, I am not sure of the motives behind those who want it! Close to half of the employees here are senior citizens, they already have benefits-they won't even use it! The pay...well they are getting more now then they would if they went anywhere else! I say, NO UNION!!

HappyEmployee 6 years, 3 months ago

Ok Heres the math, I make 11.80 an hour, at that rate I will have to pay 2.5 x 11.80 for union dues, That is 29.50 a month. 29.50 x12 months, ( now remember about 3 of those months is summer I dont work much, but still pay the union dues. Thats 354.00 a year.I work 30 hours a week, 30 x 52 weeks, now keep in mind some of those weeks I dont work, some of those weeks are summer work. that adds up to 1560 hours. Now if the union comes in and I get 50 cents more an hour, which is about 10 cents more than I got this year. 10 cents more adds up to 3 bucks a week, 156.00 a year. If I pay 354 in union dues, and my raise is 156, wheres my profit ? I loose 198.00. Thats a whole car payment for me. I just cant vote for something that profits some one else. Voting NO UNION is the logical choice.

Facts_vs_Fiction 6 years, 3 months ago

I see the need to correct some errors listed by some bloggers in regard to 1st Student and a Teamsters Union Contract. 1. Teamsters dues are calculated for full time workers. If a driver / monitor works part time their Union dues are reduced. Also if a worker takes off time in the summer or at any other time of the year, they can take a withdrawal and pay no dues then resume when returning to work. 2. The current 1st Student / School District contract has some built in annual increases for 1st Student. For Each Year of the contract 1st Student gets an Automatic Increase of 2 1/2 to 5 % in payments across the board depending upon the CPI. This is built in to the contract. So . . . 1st Students' income increases Each and Every year. But, 1st Student has not paid increases to its' Drivers or Monitors every year. Also 1st Student blocks its' increases into groups of years employed. E.G. No increase in pay after hiring until 3rd year, and so on. So. cost of living increases go un-noticed while the 1st Student company gets reimbursed. Real increases based upon longevity are also blocked into groupings of years employed which also ignores increased Cost of Living Indexes. All Teachers etc. of the school district get this type of consideration. The School District is being bamboozeled by 1st Student withholding annual cost of living increases to the drivers / monitors. A Union can address this poor labor practice. No Teamsters will state what pay increases etc. can be guaranteed but All employees standing together can accomplish just, annual, and deserved increases. Also employees can vote down an unfair irresponsible Contract.3. The 2 hour shift guarantee is a carryover from LAIDLAW Ownership and 1st Student is not bound by it. In Fact 1st Student is not bound by any of the agreements that Laidlaw had with its' employees. At Many 1st Student locations they have changed some of the previous owners agreements, usually taking away any such benefits. 4. By joining a Union, Workers have more Bargaining power. This means that rules and agreements between 1st Student and the Teamsters at a location can not be ignored or voided by 1st Student during the Contract. 5. Nearly 20,000 of 1st Student employees are already associated with the Teamsters and are enjoying better wages, benefits, and are backed up by the Union in settling up disputes. Without a Union Contract employees are always subject to favoritism, unfair labor practices, and have no voice in their workplace. Continued next . . .

Quigly 6 years, 3 months ago

Pogo. Either you are a Teamster and you are drumming up support. OR(and I think this is most likely) that you have no ideas what goes on or who they are except from books and magazines. This is 2008 not 1950's and unions aren't always the way to go. Join the Teamsters and you will be working for a different group of "THE MAN" . If there is no problem with the way the company treats you why would you play with fire? If you want to feel nostalgic go and rent "On The Waterfront".