Law enforcement report
Lawrence Police on Friday said that in the past 24 hours they'd handled:
- 216 calls
- 32 reports
- five burglaries
- two thefts
- five noninjury accidents
- Police arrested two 19-year-old men early Friday on suspicion of trespassing, obstruction and making criminal threats outside Jack Flanigan's, 804 W. 24th St. Police said they were called when the men grew disorderly after being asked by security workers to leave the bar.
Burglaries and thefts reported
- A 48-year-old Baker University employee reported her diamond ring worth $3,000 stolen between 9 a.m. Monday and 6 p.m. Tuesday from her home in the 200 block of Campbell
- Someone stole $5,939 in supplies from Pur-o-zon Cleaning Chemicals & Equipment, 345 N. Iowa, according to a report. Items stolen included a trailer worth $3,500 and more than $2,000 in janitorial supplies. The theft happened at the business between 5 p.m. Wednesday and 8 a.m. Thursday, according to a report.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Smoke detector activation due to malfunction, 11:21 p.m. Thursday, 500 W. 11th St.
- Assist police or other governmental agency, 12:49 a.m. Thursday, 155 Indian Ave.
Lawrence Humane Society
Stray dogs brought to shelter
Retriever, blond, female, 6 to 7 years old.