The Lawrence City Commission will consider adoption of an area plan for possible land uses for the Oakley Area, at the southwest corner of Sixth Street and Folks Road.
The document will guide development at the location. Nearby residents have opposed proposed developments there they say don't look enough like their single-family neighborhood.
- Approve City Commission meeting minutes of June 3.
- Receive minutes from various boards and commissions: Board of Zoning Appeals meeting of June 1;; Planning Commission meeting of May 25; Parks & Recreation Advisory Board meeting of May 13.
- Approve all claims.
- Approve drinking establishment licenses for Carlos O'Kelly's Mexican Cafe, 707 W. 23rd St.; and Quinton's Bar & Deli, 615 Mass.
- Approve retail liquor license for Cork & Barrel - Downtown, 901 Miss.
- Approve catering license for Krause Catering Inc., 700 Mass.
- Approve sidewalk dining license for Signs of Life, 822 Mass.
Bid and purchase items
- Award bid for two medium duty single axle trucks for the Public Works Department to the low bidder meeting specifications, KCR International, for $83,804.
- Award bid for two heavy duty snow plows for the Public Works Department to the low bidder meeting specifications, Knapheide, for $10,594.
- Award bid for two sand/salt spreaders for the Public Works Department to the low bidder meeting specifications, Murphy Tractor & Equipment, for $11,974.
- Award bid for two heavy duty dump truck bodies for the Public Works Department to the low bidder meeting specifications, Truck Parts & Equipment, for $25,912.
Adopt on first reading the following ordinances:
- Ordinance No. 7656, establishing no parking in the 700 block of Lake Street.
- Ordinance No. 7657, establishing a 35 mph speed limit on 27th Street between Crossgate Drive and Wakarusa Drive and on Crossgate Drive between Clinton Parkway and 27th Street.
Adopt on second and final reading the following ordinances:
- Ordinance No. 7654, ordering the condemnation of a tract of property and a utility easement (generally located at 835 E. 13th St.) for stormwater improvements -- 13th and Oregon project.
- Ordinance No. 7655, authorizing the possession of alcoholic liquor at the Lawrence Municipal Airport on July 16 for Chamber of Commerce Mixer event.
- Approve site plan for portable addition to South Junior High School; 2734 Louisiana Street. Submitted by BG Consultants for USD No. 497, property owners of record.
- Approve preliminary development plan for Wyndam Place Senior Residence. This proposed three-story senior residence is located on approximately 10 acres and proposes 54 apartments. The property is generally described as being located on the west side of Crossgate Drive north of 27th Street. Submitted by Landplan Engineering, P.A., for Farnum Group Resources, Inc. Inverness Park Limited Partnership is the property owners of record.
- Accept dedication of easements on final plat for Inverness Park Plaza Addition No. 4, a replat of Lots 1 and 2, Block 1, Inverness Park Plaza Addition No. 3. This proposed two-lot residential subdivision is located on the west side of Crossgate Drive north of 27th Street. Submitted by Landplan Engineering, P.A., for Farnum Group Resources, Inc. Inverness Park Limited Partnership is the property owner of record.
Adopt findings of fact; approve rezoning requests; authorize drafting of ordinances for placement on future agenda:
- A request to rezone a tract of land approximately 3.995 acres from pending residence-office district to office district. The property is generally described as being located west of the southwest corner of West Sixth Street and East 1100 Road (Folks Road). Property owner of record is Dennis K. Oakley. First Management, Inc. is the contract purchaser. Initiated by the City Commission at their regularly scheduled meeting on April 1.
- A request to rezone a tract of land approximately .31 from general industrial to general commercial district. The property is generally described as being located at 311 - 317 North Second Street. Submitted by Corvas Brinkerhoff and Robert Sturgeon, property owners of record.
- Receive and approve annexation request from Dean and Sheri Penny for approximately 24,000 square feet (Schomer Addition) generally located at 952 North third Street; authorize drafting of ordinance after land use approvals are completed.
- Authorize the mayor to sign a subordination agreement for Deborah Porter, 828 Madeline Lane.
- City manager's report.
- Consider approval of proposal for Transit System/KU Student Activities Office.
- Receive architect's report on planned stabilization work at the Carnegie Library, Ninth Street and Vermont Street.
- Consider adoption of Area Plan for possible land uses for the Oakley Area, southwest corner of Sixth Street and Folks Road.