Law enforcement report
Burglaries and thefts reported
- Union Pacific Railroad, 402 N. Second St., reported the theft of a solar lubrication panel valued at $1,000. The theft occurred between 4 p.m. Tuesday and 1 p.m. Wednesday at the railroad, a police report said.
- A 21-year-old Lawrence man reported the theft of hand tools valued at $250, $75 in cash and 300 compact discs valued at $3,000 total in an auto burglary. The theft occurred between 11 p.m. Wednesday and 8:30 a.m. Thursday in the 3900 block of Overland Drive, a police report said.
- A 41-year-old Lawrence man reported the theft of a concrete power trowel valued at $1,000. The theft occurred between 6 p.m. Tuesday and 6:15 a.m. Wednesday in the 1900 block of West 31st Street, a police report said.
- A 21-year-old Lawrence woman reported the theft of 150 compact discs valued at $2,250 in a burglary. The theft occurred between 11 p.m. Wednesday and 9 a.m. Thursday in the 1200 block of New York Street, a police report said.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Overheated motor, 4:09 p.m. Thursday, 4824 Quail Crest Place.
- Passenger vehicle fire, 2:55 p.m. Thursday, 346 Maine.
- Building fire, 2:06 Thursday, 1530 Engel Road.
- Gas leak, natural gas or propane gas, 1:38 p.m. Thursday, 21st and Massachusetts streets.
- Passenger vehicle fire, 10:53 a.m. Thursday, 15th and Iowa streets.
- Good-intent call, 9:53 a.m. Thursday, 2005 W. Ninth St.
- Vehicle fire, 6:11 a.m. Thursday, 1117 Highland Drive.
- Trash or rubbish fire, contained, 12:12 a.m. Thursday, 733 Lyon Street.