Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Should Lawrence keep or repeal the ban on fireworks?

Comments

weiser 1 year, 5 months ago

They should legalize pot, and do away with fireworks .

Onatop 1 year, 5 months ago

Why does everyone think pot/dope should be legalized ??? IT IS ILLEGAL - you ever look at a long term user of POT ??? Yes I think alcohol is bad also - where I work - there are several ex-pot users - cannot due to random drug testing or the employee will get fired - as for aclohol is tested for also - to be a drug user is a low form or humanity - period. It makes me almost ill - when people brag vent how they smoke pot - etc., like it is a life accomplishment - really it shows how ignorant they are.

parrothead8 1 year, 5 months ago

Is the fact that I used to smoke pot the reason why I can barely comprehend what you're saying?

grammaddy 1 year, 5 months ago

When was the last time alcohol stopped cancer from growing? When has anyone ever died from an overdose of pot? Your post shows the ignorance of your comment. Stop being so judgemental and educate yourself.

Onatop 1 year, 5 months ago

I am very educated - and not judgemental - I never knew pot stopped cancer from growning - and yes I know of a person whom was like punch drunk all the time due to their heavy pot use - I do not like drugs/doppers - period. Get a life - read a book or go run 5 miles for a high - if a person depends on a illegal substance for a high - they are lost wondering souls - like hollow inside - but the way parrothead8 - maybe you could comprehend if the pot did not burn up all your brain cells. Enjoy like - dream about the better life you would of had being drug free.

Armored_One 1 year, 5 months ago

Cannibidol, in lab testing and animal testing, has been shown to affect the metastic rate of various cancers, but the lower the levels of a specific gene in the cancer, the less and less effective it is.

From what I have read, though, once they found the interaction, they stopped using organic forms of CBD and switched to a higher potency/concentration synthetic, which means that CBD may not be as effective as the initial press releases indicated in 2007. A definite, major step in the right direction, but in light of the article this is being posted in, completely and totally irrelevant.

ICUNVME 1 year, 5 months ago

Should LJW keep or repeal the Google survey that prevents us from reading the news (which,by the way, is why we come here)?

Ginny Hedges 1 year, 5 months ago

Get rid of the fireworks ban. No one pays attention to it anyway.

FlintlockRifle 1 year, 5 months ago

Get rid of the fire cracker ban, yes in deed, let um rip

Leslie Swearingen 1 year, 5 months ago

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMclde1300970

I do believe that marijuana should be legalized and that doctors should be able to prescribe it to patients. Pharmacy's should have in in stock. I have put a link to the New England Journal of Medicine where they discuss this issue.

Leslie Swearingen 1 year, 5 months ago

Oh, and by all means ban the ban on fireworks. Everyone needs a little pop now and then.

Richard Heckler 1 year, 5 months ago

Fire works are not about celebrating freedom it is about celebrating big profiteering. Let's be honest about it.

Not much freedom with big brother spying on us 24/7........ for the past 70 years or more.

4th of July Fireworks a Nightmare for Shell-Shocked War Veterans

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/4th-july-fireworks-nightmare-shell-shocked-war-veterans/storynew?id=19554318#.UdhrBb_vyX0

http://maketheconnection.net/conditions/ptsd?gclid=CLaGwe38lbgCFVNo7AodmTQAuQ

Drives a lot of canine friends out of their minds as well. Some go looking for a closet to hide. Frankly some dogs cannot get comfortable until the last explosion has come and gone.

del888 1 year, 5 months ago

Question: Should Lawrence keep or repeal the ban on fireworks? Answer: (4th person interviewed) “As a homeowner, I would say yes"

Commenting has been disabled for this item.