Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Would you be more likely to shop at a store if you knew it was environmentally friendly?

Comments

Bill Lee 1 year, 7 months ago

I do most of my shopping at the Dillons near my home. Everything else I buy online.

Antonym 1 year, 7 months ago

Only thing worse than environmental disasters is hypocritical Lawrence. I never shop in Larryville. NEVER!

Liberty275 1 year, 7 months ago

Maybe. If they are demonstrably more environmentally friendly and they aren't excessively more expensive. A "We fight global warming" sign on the door won't work.

who_does_care 1 year, 7 months ago

Only if I was driving a LPG or a electric powered vehicle and my house was using the solar panels for the electricity.

Question is how green are the batteries that store the charge and, when the batteries done then how green is it to dispose them?

Flap Doodle 1 year, 7 months ago

Only if all the store's electricty is generated by unicorn toots. And all their employees make at least $17.50 an hour.

Richard Heckler 1 year, 7 months ago

Any building using less energy somehow is significant. Means less radioactive waste coming out of the smokestack .

g_rock 1 year, 7 months ago

I find it odd that a gas station is "environmentally friendly" cause it will make you feel better about filling up your gas guzzler...

prospector 1 year, 7 months ago

I would not go out of my way for a company making nebulous claims. It is always fun watching folks breaking their arm patting themselves on the back.

he_who_knows_all 1 year, 7 months ago

Yes. I'm always looking for an excuse to drive my Hummer by myself.

consumer1 1 year, 7 months ago

But I forgot, Many people in Lawrence don't like opinions that vary from theirs.

Reed has the courage not to be a sheeple. Or believe in something because it is "trendy".

Do you mean like the Natural Grocer store that replaced an existing building with one three to four times larger? Is that what you mean by environmentaly friendly? Leaving a larger carbon footprint in the name of progress?

gphawk89 1 year, 7 months ago

I shop at a store if: 1. It has the product I want. 2. It's cheaper than other stores. 3. It's convenient to get to. 4. It's in a safe area. 5. I need the product NOW (otherwise I might order online). Environmental friendliness is pretty far down on the list.

Andini 1 year, 7 months ago

I only shop at Exxon & BP and where Al Gore says it's ok.

Rex Hargis 1 year, 7 months ago

Unwanted weeds? Who wants weeds?

CWGOKU 1 year, 7 months ago

I only shop at stores where one can club baby seals

Rex Hargis 1 year, 7 months ago

Aussies have always been friends of the US. Not sure if he is a wannebe, though.

Eddie_Haskell 1 year, 7 months ago

You fools. That's Robbie Williams. He's British, and he's still singing that Angels song.

Liberal 1 year, 7 months ago

No, do they have the selection and prices I want to pay?

CWGOKU 1 year, 7 months ago

Nobody likes environmentally friendly stores, nobody

LadyJ 1 year, 7 months ago

Hopefully some future employer doesn't see Reed's comment, they might be put off by it. Once it's on the internet, it's on there forever.

Andini 1 year, 7 months ago

So will it be ok to buy gas at the new green hyvee to kill unwanted weeds?

fan4kufootball 1 year, 7 months ago

I think most people shop where its most convenient for them - either close to their home or at least on their way home.

BABBOY 1 year, 7 months ago

Yes. I would -- as long as they had whatever they wanted. Then, their attempt to do the right thing would get the preference.

It would appear that I am not the only one that wants to punch that smug Austrailia in the face from reading the posts above. (I would knock his $ss out by the way).

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 7 months ago

"Australian? I thought Jim Carrey was Canadian." 52

He does have a Jim Carrey on meth look about him.

Marion Sydney Lynn, that ol' grey goose, sure did fancy himself an english gentleman.

Flap Doodle 1 year, 7 months ago

HWMNBN was more a pretentious git than an Australian, I'd say.

autie 1 year, 7 months ago

The use of the letter 'u' in words like humour and colour...that was a Marion thing. Maybe he was secretly Australian too.

rockchalker52 1 year, 7 months ago

Australian? I thought Jim Carrey was Canadian.

Roland Gunslinger 1 year, 7 months ago

LOL @ Reed Jones.

"I'll only shop at stores that make it a point to dump chemicals in our waterways."

Good on ya mate! Love the Aussie humour. (Queen's English)

So is Reed a documented alien? Has anybody told Kris Kobach that the Australians are overrunnning our state..probably getting health care and drivers license and instate tuition..and taken our jobs...

I would likely pass right by knowing the store was environmental friendly (a well known lie) as I also know that the phrase is synonomous with more expensive. Uh, uh...the Monsanto treated onions are just like the organic onions...at half the price.

My_Life 1 year, 7 months ago

Only if they cater to rocks. Without rocks there wouldn't even be a store.

Indyan found my old shotguns in the attic. Now He wants to kill all those doves that have been pooping on Him all these years. I tried to tell Him that it isn't appropriate to use 3 1/2 mags with FF and TT steel shot on doves, but He ain't listening. He just wants to blow their little brains out. We're gonna go to Walmart if we have time and get some good ole 8 1/2 or 9 lead shot. Lead ain't exactly environmentally friendly, but what the heck, who cares, if we buy it at an environmentally friendly store that counts for something, right? He says He wants to get back some of his ancestors that are stuck in their craws. Says if He can't find any doves, then He's just gonna blow the beegebers out of purple tires. God, Indyan is one bad rock. He's been like that ever since He got back from the big house and spent all that time makin little ones out of big ones in that red hot Kansas sun. Now all He keeps saying is "if it flies, it dies". Now where did he hear that? What the heck, I'm on board! Must be this darn her-e-caine.

blue73harley 1 year, 7 months ago

Sure. That is why I shop at Wally World. The Lawrence Wally World Hater Society ignores the fact that it was one of the first stores in Larryville built to be environmentally friendly.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.