Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Would you be more likely to shop at a store if you knew it was environmentally friendly?

Comments

RoeDapple 2 years ago

The burn barrel don't care.

rockchalker52 2 years ago

Australian? I thought Jim Carrey was Canadian.

Flap Doodle 2 years ago

HWMNBN was more a pretentious git than an Australian, I'd say.

fan4kufootball 2 years ago

I think most people shop where its most convenient for them - either close to their home or at least on their way home.

gphawk89 2 years ago

Use diesel. Does a good job on the weeds and isn't nearly as flammable.

Liberty275 2 years ago

Oreilly's sells battery acid. Give some to the weeds, the ph goes to 2, the plant dies, then the limestone neutralizes the acid. Keep the hose near in case you get some on you or your clothes as it is very corrosive. And don't taste it.

LadyJ 2 years ago

Hopefully some future employer doesn't see Reed's comment, they might be put off by it. Once it's on the internet, it's on there forever.

innerpeace 2 years ago

If Reed Jones is in fact his real name, he's probably wanted in Austrailia under his real name.

Eddie_Haskell 2 years ago

You fools. That's Robbie Williams. He's British, and he's still singing that Angels song.

Rex Hargis 2 years ago

Aussies have always been friends of the US. Not sure if he is a wannebe, though.

Rex Hargis 2 years ago

Unwanted weeds? Who wants weeds?

gphawk89 2 years ago

I shop at a store if: 1. It has the product I want. 2. It's cheaper than other stores. 3. It's convenient to get to. 4. It's in a safe area. 5. I need the product NOW (otherwise I might order online). Environmental friendliness is pretty far down on the list.

he_who_knows_all 2 years ago

Yes. I'm always looking for an excuse to drive my Hummer by myself.

he_who_knows_all 2 years ago

Especially when my Corvair is in the shop.

Richard Heckler 2 years ago

Any building using less energy somehow is significant. Means less radioactive waste coming out of the smokestack .

Flap Doodle 2 years ago

Only if all the store's electricty is generated by unicorn toots. And all their employees make at least $17.50 an hour.

who_does_care 2 years ago

Only if I was driving a LPG or a electric powered vehicle and my house was using the solar panels for the electricity.

Question is how green are the batteries that store the charge and, when the batteries done then how green is it to dispose them?

Liberty275 2 years ago

Maybe. If they are demonstrably more environmentally friendly and they aren't excessively more expensive. A "We fight global warming" sign on the door won't work.

Bill Lee 2 years ago

I do most of my shopping at the Dillons near my home. Everything else I buy online.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.