Lawrence City Commission agenda set for April 9 meeting
1. Consider motion to recess into executive session.
ACTION: Approve motion to recess into executive session for approximately 30 minutes to consult with attorneys for the City regarding a contract pursuant to K.S.A. 75-4319(b)(2). The justification of the executive session is to keep attorney client privileged matters confidential at this time. At the end of the executive session, the City Commission will resume its meeting in the City Commission Room at approximately 5:30 p.m.
After a short break, the City Commission Meeting will resume at approximately 5:45 p.m.
1. Approve City Commission meeting minutes from 04/02/19.
2. Receive minutes from various boards and commissions.
3. Approve all claims. The list of claims will be posted by the Finance Department on Monday prior to the meeting. If Monday is a holiday, the claims will be posted as soon as possible the next business day.
4. Approve licenses as recommended by the City Clerk’s office.
5. Adopt on first reading, Ordinance No. 9661, allowing the sale, possession and consumption of alcohol on the public right-of-way in the 100 block of E. 8th Street on Friday, August 16, 2019, and on Saturday, August 17, 2019, associated with the Sandbar Birthday Party Event.
6. Adopt on second and final reading, the following ordinances:
a) Ordinance No. 9654, for Comprehensive Plan Amendment, CPA-11-8-11, expanding the identified boundaries of Downtown Lawrence, located at 311, 317, 401, 409, 415, 501, and 505 N. 2nd Street. (CPA-11-8-11 approved 4-1 by CC on 2/19/19)
b) Ordinance No. 9568, pertaining to amending the fines for first time marijuana possession.
7. Accept dedications of right-of-way and easements associated with a Final Plat, PF-19-00094, for Legend Trail Addition No. 3, located in the northwest corner of the intersection of George Williams Way and Lake Estates Drive. Submitted by BG Consultants, Inc. for Castle Rock L.C., property owner of record.
8. Authorize the Mayor to execute the Kansas Department of Transportation/City Agreement No. 11-19 for the 6th and Tennessee Eastbound Right Turn Lane Project.
9. Award proposal for RFP No. R1823 – Solid Waste Rate Study, to Burns & McDonnell, in the amount of $59,140.00, and authorize the City Manager to execute the consulting agreement.
10. Authorize the City Manager to execute the consulting agreement with Raftelis Financial Consultants in the amount of $47,700.00 for the Stormwater Rate Study.
11. Authorize changing the start time of the April 16, 2019 City Commission meeting to 4:30 p.m.
Work session agenda
1. Receive presentation on priority-based budgeting results.
2. Receive Climate Protection Plan update and Sustainability Update.
3. Master Plan Overview.
Overview of Infrastructure related Master Plans:
• Master Plan/Asset Management Overview Staff Memo
• Wastewater Master Plan / Overview
• Water Master Plan / Overview
• Airport Master Plan / Overview
• Stormwater Management Master Plan / Overview
• North Lawrence Drainage Study / Overview
• Parks & Recreation Master Plan / Overview
The City Commission will convene at 5 p.m. Tuesday at City Hall, 6 E. Sixth St.