One man injured after kitchen fire at Encore Cafe
One man was injured after a wok caught fire Monday afternoon in the kitchen of Encore Cafe, 1007 Massachusetts St., firefighters said.
The fire was reported just after 4 p.m., said Lawrence-Douglas County Fire Medical Division Chief Lyle Schwartz. The kitchen’s fire-extinguishing equipment was able to put out the flames nearly immediately.
An employee suffered burns from the fire, Schwartz said, though he could not provide further information on the extent of the man’s injuries.
No other injuries were reported, Schwartz said, and no structural damage was done to the building.
Traffic was blocked along the Massachusetts Street between 10th and 11th streets as firefighters checked the building to ensure the fire was out.
Additional information was not immediately available.