LJWorld.com weblogs At Whit's End
The weekend's most-popular stories and a bike-lawnmower hybrid
Good morning, everyone, and happy Monday.
Here are the most-viewed stories from the weekend and the most-commented items in the past 24 hours:
- Brownback administration lays off 85 Kansas Dept. of Labor employees
- 30 years later, Lawrence residents remember 1981 tornado
- Rod’s Cards and Gifts stores selling out remaining Hallmark merchandise
- Former Air Force airman from Hutchinson pleads no contest to involuntary manslaughter in connection with a fatal accident near Lawrence
- Heard on the Hill: Former KU provost Richard Lariviere in hot water in Oregon; Liking KU Medical Center-Wichita on Facebook could give students a skeleton; Strong Hall really does face the correct way
Most-commented items in the past 24 hours
- OTS: What’s the most memorable phrase or saying your dad had?
- Kansans with disabilities could lose services because of state budget cuts
- Tornado watch canceled for Douglas County
- OTS: What is your preferred method of exercise?
- Blog: Here we go again!
My friend Zach was in Marshall, Mo. last weekend and discovered this:
I'm guessing this invention would only make the lawn-mowing experience worse.