LJWorld.com weblogs Wheel Genius
Road work this week
Projects and detours that could delay your trip this Thanksgiving holiday week across town in Lawrence, or your ride to and from work in Topeka or the Kansas City metro area, according to government and agency officials:
• The Kansas Turnpike’s West Lawrence interchange is scheduled to open for all traffic late Monday afternoon.
The interchange — which is exit 202, north of Hallmark Cards — has a new bridge, a roundabout and new ramps for traffic coming into town from the east and for traffic headed out of Lawrence toward Topeka.
• Work to replace a water line will restrict parking and reduce traffic flow along Funston Street, from North Third to North Fourth streets in North Lawrence. The work is expected to be finished Tuesday.
• Work to replace a water line will restrict parking along West 19th Terrace, from Ousdahl Road to Naismith Drive.
• Ongoing construction of The Oread — a mixed-use and hotel project — continues to limit traffic in the area, and the limitations are expected to last into spring.
Among them: 12th Street, closed to westbound traffic from west of Louisiana Street to Indiana Street; Indiana, closed to traffic from 12th to a half block south; Oread Avenue, restricted to local traffic only from 12th to 13th streets.
• Bridge replacement work in Wyandotte County has closed the Seventh Street Trafficway ramp for eastbound traffic on Interstate 70.
• Repair work in Wyandotte County is scheduled to close the left and center lanes for traffic headed east on I-70, from Interstate 435 to 78th Street. The closures are scheduled for 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day, to continue through Nov. 30.
• Pavement repairs in Johnson County will trigger varying lane closures for traffic heading both north and south along I-435, from Midland Drive to Interstate 35. The work is set to be finished by 3:30 p.m. Monday.
• Construction in Johnson County of an I-35 interchange at Lone Elm Road has squeezed traffic on the interstate into two narrower lanes in each direction.
Kansas Highway 7
• Construction of a new interchange in Wyandotte County for Kansas Highway 7 at U.S. Highways 24-40 has closed all ramps at the interchange, and has limited traffic heading north and south to one lane in each direction along K-7, from 130th Street to Parallel Parkway. Traffic heading east and west also has been squeezed to one lane in each direction along U.S. 24-40, from 130th to 142nd streets.