It's Tuesday and here's your Lasso roundup:
• Don't know how I didn't see this before, but this Tumblr exists.
• Speaking of Tumblrs, Jayhawk Parking is back in action.
• Here's a really nice photo from Shot, of Lawrence High School football:
Photo from Shot
• And from the weekend, cool shots from Kurt Vile and the Violators at The Granada from Vulpine Musings.
• Also, Larryville Chronicles wraps up all the Quantrill's raid-related events from the weekend.
• Last but not least, I completely forgot to throw this article from the New York Times at you. It was from earlier in the month and the Frugal Traveler doesn't make it to Lawrence but it's still a good read about Kansas.
Submit it to The Lasso
Remember me? It's been a while since the last Lasso, but let's get back into the swing of things and see what the Lawrence blogosphere is talking about now that it's August.
• A little bit of history repeating? Kind of. The City of Lawrence has a neat Facebook page where it shares historical photos and documents.
• Speaking of Quantrill's Raid, here's something going on next door. It seems the Mizzou bar The Black & Gold Tavern in KCMo is holding a, ahem, "celebration" of the bloody massacre. I think we can all agree that murder is bad, but I guess there's two sides to every story.
• I might be late on this, but here's some Jayhawk love from BuzzFeed.
• I'm a sucker for local food movements, so I was excited to stumble across this blog today: Lawrence Fruit Tree Project.
Until next time.