Posts tagged with Fashion
There was a lot happening on the local blogs this week besides the Sidewalk Sale, so I thought I'd round up those gems - though the sale did make its way in a tiny bit. Here's what's going on:
• As always, Larryville Artists helps keep Lawrencians up on the art scene, local and otherwise. Check out today's post about artists Molly Murphy and Clare Doveton's display at the Landmark Bank on 6th and Wakarusa streets. Also get a little recap on yesterday's Sidewalk Sale.
• Local Italian food gem the Basil Leaf Cafe has been making the Internet rounds, as The Pitch describes the restaurant's latest evolution from tiny, hole-in-the-gas-station-wall to a grown up location (also mentioned in this week's Off The Beaten Plate).
Photo by Sara Shepherd
• Always wanted to make wax batik? Want to find out what wax batik is? Well, attend this wax batik workshop Saturday at the Percolator (it's a pretty cool form of art).
• In photo blogs, Lawrence-based photographer, Travis Young, posted a beautiful photo of the sky on campus on his blog and Heck Yes Lawrence, Kansas has shots of Free State Brewery (among other locations). Also, Britt Ernst posted this wistful photo taken in Lawrence.
Submit it to The Lasso
The lasso's rounding up a lot of local food and music today. Let's see what we've got:
• This is one is for the beer lovers. The Pitch writes about Boulevard and Sierra Nevada's second collaboration, which is available today: the earthy Tierra Incognita.
• Mrs. Mass continues her adventures up and down the Massachusetts Street area with a visit to Mirth Cafe.
• Super important treat news: Munchers Bakery has lemon berry cake balls for 85 cents (plus tax)
• Carol of Tall Tales from Kansas takes a trip out to Henry's Plant Farm. Warning: cute alpaca pictures ahead.
• CMJ features local band Hospital Ships in it Scene Report.
• I Heart Local Music covers Richard's Rock Camp and these kids can really rock out. These girls do a pretty great job covering The Black Keys:
• Speaking of music, Jeopardy of Content tosses out some great concert recommendations for the week.
• Finally in fashion, Kansas Couture is in a "sunflower state of mind."
Submit it to The Lasso
The weather catapulted summer over spring this week and Lawrence fashions have rushed to keep up.
The local fashion blogs are riddled with linens, dresses, shorts and sandals inspired by the sudden plunge into summer. Kansas Couture's daily outfit reflected a vintage summer look and Style on the Hill made an appearance on Campus Sartorialist this week (also see last month's photo) with lace and cowboy boots.
Our own Style Scout (featuring Jennifer Doores) is blooming with bright color, as well.
Speaking of clothes, or lack thereof, it's graduation time in Lawrence. A student decided there's no better celebration outfit than his birthday suit:
In true #LFK fashion, The Larryville Chronicles has given the nude man a new identity, branding him a local folk hero named the "Anschutz Streaker," after the library he raced through.
We wonder what the Anschutz streaker is up to this morning? #LFK— LarryvilleLife (@larryvillelife) May 15, 2013
I'm just as curious to find this guy, but when I do, I hope he's moved past the Emperor's new clothes fashion and onto something more visible.