LJWorld.com weblogs The Zone

A Significant Anniversary

Hitler Boy Scout

Hey...I just wanted to give you a head's up that there's a lot to celebrate on Friday, so hold on. It will be the 65th anniversary of the death of a not-so-great humanitarian. That's right, this Friday in 1945, holed up in a bunker under his headquarters in Berlin, Adolf Hitler committed suicide by swallowing a cyanide capsule and shooting himself in the head. (Good riddance, you big baby Waa Waa! So you couldn’t face the war tribunal with your grand ideas of a 1000 year Reich. I get it.)

So this Friday evening, join me in holding high a chilled Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier (a favored German beer) or your favorite beverage, and toast to a Hitler-free Germany and to the death of one of the most despicable and diabolical SOBs ever to vomit his views and violence upon this earth. Toast also to providing enlightenment among those who have sought to emulate Der Fuhrer in like and mind. You’ve heard what has been said about history repeating itself, and there are plenty of examples around us today.

Toast!

Comments

Kirk Larson 7 years, 7 months ago

Oh you naive fools. Everyone knows they saved Hitler's brain and implanted it in some surrogate and have been keeping him in an...undisclosed...location. O...M...G!

Deja Coffin 7 years, 7 months ago

You do know that 'woof' is how homosexual males that consider themselves to be bears acknowledge another bear on the street. It's their own form of cat calling/whistling. Just saying is all...... :-)

Deja Coffin 7 years, 7 months ago

I saw it on a documentary on the logo channel that's the only reason I know. I just thought it was funny because that's the first thing I think about when I see that posted. I was hoping no one was woofing to Hilter! :-)

David Lignell 7 years, 7 months ago

Uh oh, Roe. Seems your ♣Woof♣ has an unintended connotation. I wouldn't have sent you a double ♣Woof♣ had I known. Still like being a member of the ♣, but just not the ♣Woof♣ one.

riverdrifter 7 years, 7 months ago

I'm not big on believing in hell, but if there is such a place, Adolph is there and I like Shel Silverstein's description of it in "The Devil and Billy Markham" :

"Billy Markham slowly turns on a white-hot steel spit, And his skin, it crackles like roasting pig, and his flesh is seared and split, And sulphur fills his nostrils and he's fed on slime and mud, By a hairy imp with a pointed stick who bastes him in spider's blood. And his eyeballs boil up inside his skull and his throat's too charred to scream, So he sleeps the sleep of the burning dead and he dreams unspeakable dreams."

Yikes!

David Lignell 7 years, 7 months ago

Well said, River. With you completely on believing where AH should reside. It's the anniversary today, so raise a toast to his demise!