LJWorld.com weblogs puddleglum

body found March 14th 800 block of Monterrey Way

does anybody know anything about the body found just east of the 800 block of monterrey way on wednesday evening? eye witnesses saw paramedics slowly carrying a stretcher with a body (sheet over the corpse) out of the drainage ditch, which connects with Dad perry park. as usual, nothing in the paper. Also, rumors afloat about an additional body found near Michigan street. Do we have serial killer loose?

Comments

puddleglum 2 years, 7 months ago

maybe I am just too pretty. I dunno.

verity 2 years, 7 months ago

Yes, prettiness often causes paranoia.

asixbury 2 years, 7 months ago

Why wasn't this reported? I smell a cover-up!

asixbury 2 years, 7 months ago

Above cover-up statement was sarcasm, by the way.

jd 2 years, 7 months ago

Wow, I live nearby and walk in that area almost every night but I never saw or heard anything.

puddleglum 2 years, 7 months ago

where's smitty when you need her?

jackpot 2 years, 7 months ago

Quick check of Police log nothing found from 1:39pm on 3/14 till 1:00am on 3/15. I may have missed something but didn't see any calls like that.

verity 2 years, 7 months ago

Puddleglum, I'm still very upset with you for not following through on your run for governor. This is all your fault, every bit of it.

puddleglum 2 years, 7 months ago

I got sidetracked. sorry, but I am still beautiful

puddleglum 2 years, 7 months ago

ouch, prospector. I can't be this good looking AND have all of the answers...right?

RoeDapple 2 years, 7 months ago

puddleglum (anonymous) says… "where's smitty when you need her?"

Probably getting ready to cut and paste something irrelevant.

blindrabbit 2 years, 7 months ago

Don't know about this case, but I think the police in conjunction with the JW do not report on some cases (not just suicides) where a body is found. My experience, in 2005 I happened on a body (very hot, humid day) in the alley of the 700 block of Mass. St., checked to make sure of condition, no pulse, no respiration, called 911 on cell phone. Police and ambulance quickly arrived, worked on the individual to no avail. The incident was never reported in the JW, homeless individual I believe! I never did hear anything more, should have called police for further information, but did not want to seem morbidly curious.

classclown 2 years, 7 months ago

Did the 'eye witness' notice the 'stretcher with a body (sheet over the corpse)' loaded into an ambulance? Maybe it was loaded onto a black helicopter.

Maybe some men wearing black suits and dark sunglasses with a really neat pen with a red blinky light were there.

puddleglum 2 years, 7 months ago

no need for silly comments. the body was loaded into an ambulance, no pretty lights flashing when it left.

Mary Ellen Hall 2 years, 7 months ago

For what it's worth, I live near 13th & Monterey and Wednesday evening we heard sirens coming down Monterey then they suddenly stopped. My husband looked out when he heard them and it was a police car that turned down Tiffany Dr. (borders Dad Perry Park) and turned their siren/lights off. Possibly related? Makes me curious now.

puddleglum 2 years, 7 months ago

really? he was lifeless on a stretcher with his leg hanging off the end?

biggunz, you must be referring to something else, this wasn't a 'chase'

Cai 2 years, 7 months ago

I happen to live at this complex - the one with the creek behind it. Given that the ambulance was in front of my house - dude they caught in the creek that was on the stretcher? Swearing up a storm. Somehow, i don't think he was dead.

Jean Robart 2 years, 7 months ago

Haven't you ever noticed that when you see something happen involving the police, at least half the time there is not a word in the paper or on television?

Alex Parker 2 years, 7 months ago

We checked with police last week, and they said they were not aware of a body found in that area. There was a medical call in that area Wednesday night, but police didn't make a report about it.