LJWorld.com weblogs puddleglum

body found March 14th 800 block of Monterrey Way

does anybody know anything about the body found just east of the 800 block of monterrey way on wednesday evening? eye witnesses saw paramedics slowly carrying a stretcher with a body (sheet over the corpse) out of the drainage ditch, which connects with Dad perry park. as usual, nothing in the paper. Also, rumors afloat about an additional body found near Michigan street. Do we have serial killer loose?

Comments

its_just_math 2 years, 1 month ago

"Do we have serial killer loose?"

I don't know, do we? wink wink

(shudder/shutter/shudder/shutter)

Jean Robart 2 years, 1 month ago

Haven't you ever noticed that when you see something happen involving the police, at least half the time there is not a word in the paper or on television?

prospector 2 years, 1 month ago

Could he have possibly swooned upon seeing you? Those handsome good looks just took his breath away. I am surprised it does not happen more often.

prospector 2 years, 1 month ago

There was an arrest reported in the 900 block of Monterrey that night.

Put the 14th in the date at the bottom of the list of today's miscreants and you will find someone booked in just after 10 pm.

puddleglum 2 years, 1 month ago

really? he was lifeless on a stretcher with his leg hanging off the end?

biggunz, you must be referring to something else, this wasn't a 'chase'

biggunz 2 years, 1 month ago

Lol. I know people that live in the apartments there and the guy was chased and caught by police. He must have been injured but he wasn't dead. No cover up, no serial killer.

Mary Ellen Hall 2 years, 1 month ago

For what it's worth, I live near 13th & Monterey and Wednesday evening we heard sirens coming down Monterey then they suddenly stopped. My husband looked out when he heard them and it was a police car that turned down Tiffany Dr. (borders Dad Perry Park) and turned their siren/lights off. Possibly related? Makes me curious now.

classclown 2 years, 1 month ago

Did the 'eye witness' notice the 'stretcher with a body (sheet over the corpse)' loaded into an ambulance? Maybe it was loaded onto a black helicopter.

Maybe some men wearing black suits and dark sunglasses with a really neat pen with a red blinky light were there.

blindrabbit 2 years, 1 month ago

Don't know about this case, but I think the police in conjunction with the JW do not report on some cases (not just suicides) where a body is found. My experience, in 2005 I happened on a body (very hot, humid day) in the alley of the 700 block of Mass. St., checked to make sure of condition, no pulse, no respiration, called 911 on cell phone. Police and ambulance quickly arrived, worked on the individual to no avail. The incident was never reported in the JW, homeless individual I believe! I never did hear anything more, should have called police for further information, but did not want to seem morbidly curious.

prospector 2 years, 1 month ago

Right. I think deaths that appeared to be homicides would be splashed all over these interwebs. That brings eyeballs.

RoeDapple 2 years, 1 month ago

puddleglum (anonymous) says… "where's smitty when you need her?"

Probably getting ready to cut and paste something irrelevant.

puddleglum 2 years, 1 month ago

ouch, prospector. I can't be this good looking AND have all of the answers...right?

verity 2 years, 1 month ago

Puddleglum, I'm still very upset with you for not following through on your run for governor. This is all your fault, every bit of it.

prospector 2 years, 1 month ago

Details and the cause of death that is not reported by the paper, suicide.

"Do we have serial killer loose?"

Your blonde is showing.

jackpot 2 years, 1 month ago

Quick check of Police log nothing found from 1:39pm on 3/14 till 1:00am on 3/15. I may have missed something but didn't see any calls like that.

puddleglum 2 years, 1 month ago

where's smitty when you need her?

jd 2 years, 1 month ago

Wow, I live nearby and walk in that area almost every night but I never saw or heard anything.

asixbury 2 years, 1 month ago

Why wasn't this reported? I smell a cover-up!

puddleglum 2 years, 1 month ago

maybe I am just too pretty. I dunno.