LJWorld.com weblogs puddleglum

Mangino vs. Perkins speculation

wow, what a bunch of speculation.

There has been a lot opinions flying around about one of these men leaving KU... It has been said that Mangino is too tough on his players, that he oversteps the 'boundary-line' when it comes to personal issues amongst his players. That might be hard to prove, especially when one considers that such a line is very difficult to define. We do know all about the referee incident and the parking ticket thing. One thing is for certain, he wins games. As for Lew Perkins, he has been AD during arguably the best of times at KU. National Champions in basketball, Orange bowl victory etc. Some people don't like him, possibly. if it were up to you, who would you give the bus ticket to, and why?

Comments

Mel Briscoe 5 years, 6 months ago

mangino might as well get his bus travelin' clothes on... perkins is staying. altho i would prefer it the other way around.

puddleglum 5 years, 6 months ago

dang mel, I thought you were a kittykat-supporter out there in mildcat land

ksdivakat 5 years, 6 months ago

I dont think either one of them is going anywhere......

puddleglum 5 years, 6 months ago

ksdivakat: I dont think either one of them is going anywhere……

ha! that's an option that I mistakenly forgot all about!

I have to say that the whole 'probe-thing' was made public by Lew Perkins, and it does seem that there must be some reason behind all that. Why would you announce a probe? Why announce an investigation? I thought it was going to be an 'independent' investigation-but it seems to me that it is being handled by the assistant-athletic director?

HogJiver 5 years, 6 months ago

Time to get rid of all the worthless bags of sh&*, clean house and get some good quality people.

And stop paying so much money.

Look at Walmart.

puddleglum 5 years, 6 months ago

hogjiver- awesome handle. you crack me up.

puddleglum 5 years, 6 months ago

hard to believe that this blog would be considered too controversial for the ol' column

puddleglum 5 years, 6 months ago

I would rather see Mark Mangino stay, and Lew Perkins leave. I don't like the East Coast mannerisms that come with Lew and his guy, jim marchiony. Seems like they just want to upset everyone around here and run everything their way, like they have some sort of superiority complex.

Ralph Reed 5 years, 6 months ago

Regardless of the what people want, the damage is done. Word of mouth goes far and fast, and what parent in their right mind would want them playing for a coach with allegations such as those against Mangino? So, I don't know what's true and what's not as there's been no final readout from the investigation - nobody does. I think Mangino's time at KU is done. we all should hear something right after the Missouri game. My money is on his departure.

I do know Perkins has wanted Mangino gone for a long time and I think he sees this as his out. However, I seriously doubt these allegations would have come to light if KU were having a winning season this year.

puddleglum 5 years, 6 months ago

is it all about a winning season? I mean, one bad season and you are history?

gogoplata 5 years, 6 months ago

That one good season the schedule was pretty weak. The only legit win we have is VT in the Orange Bowl. We have not beat OU or Texas. We can't even win the pathetic North Title. So sure he's better than Terry Allen but who isn't?

puddleglum 5 years, 6 months ago

well, czech it out... terry allen had those same cup cake seasons, and we have another one coming up for the next two years... so?

roggy 5 years, 6 months ago

RalphReed, Just curious how you know that Perkins has wanted Mangino gone for a long time?