LJWorld.com weblogs Police Scanner action in Lawrence Kansas

Strange Night Indeed...

It wasn't particulary busy on the Police Scanner last night, it was just kind of ...weird. The moon appeared full when I gazed upon last night, and you know what they say...

Someone called in around 9pm and reported a low-flying aircraft off Clinton Parkway- they said it was "very close to the ground". Nothing ever came of it, though. I wonder if anyone else saw it? There were quite a few "suspicious activity" calls, and some seemed a bit ridiculous. There was an "attempt to locate" put out on a truck that was seen stealing several air conditioning units from a church in McClouth- uh, dirtbag move. Some joker threw his food at the poor workers at a downtown sandwich shop, an arcing power line and a few noise complaints.

Then a call came in from Immigration at 3am. They were requesting assistance in taking an employee of a fast-food restuarant into custody. Yes, at 3a.m. And someone was warming their car up outside Rick's Place on Illinois and came out and discovered thier car was gone. I know, the Journal World warned us about that!

Oh- and there was an "attempt to locate" at 1600 Haskell. "things in the air..."

Check out the play-by-play action at http://www.lawrencepolicescanner.blogspot.com

Comments

red_devil 3 years, 8 months ago

Let me get this straight....You sit and listen to a police scanner all night and then tell everyone what was going on?? "Attempt to locate" at some odd hour? Who cares?? Lame.

Chelsea Kapfer 3 years, 8 months ago

yes, I do. And obviously an average of 1500 pageviews a day care.

Chelsea Kapfer 3 years, 8 months ago

It's fun! And the nights I stay up all night I am actually at work...and my employers are aware I do this and have no problem with it.

Sigmund 3 years, 7 months ago

Far more informative reporting about local news than the LJWorld, or the national news for that matter.

Heather Perry 3 years, 8 months ago

i wanna know what things in the air u always referring to mostly 1600 haskell

Chelsea Kapfer 3 years, 8 months ago

I have heard a rumor- there is a subject who was in a fire in an oprhanage when they was a child- and they see ghosts of children in the air.

This is just a rumor- have no facts to back it up.

jackpot 3 years, 8 months ago

7-11 on 23? where? What Dillon's only four in town.

Chelsea Kapfer 3 years, 8 months ago

the 7-11- I was wondering the same thing...i don't recall one on 23rd either. And I think the Dillons was on 23rd- but I was unsure so I didn't print it. Thanks for tuning in.

JackMcKee 3 years, 8 months ago

Someone should contact one of those alien/ghost shows to investigate "things in the air". The person could at least get a camera and snap some photos. Better yet, a video camera. Oh and whoever told Chelsea she is wasting her time needs to can it. I love the police scanner. Keep it going!

Chelsea Kapfer 3 years, 8 months ago

Thanks, I appreciate it! A friend of mine has gone over there and looked around during these calls, and has seen nothing. But that doesn't mean we will stop investigating!

Chelsea Kapfer 3 years, 8 months ago

Thanks for the link- just posted it on my Facebook page!

Smarmy_Schoolmarm 3 years, 8 months ago

There is no need to capitalize either police or scanner in the first line. Thank you, Your friendly grammar patrol.

Chelsea Kapfer 3 years, 8 months ago

thanks for the input, but I'm going to do it anyway. ;) I have always been a rebel.

bigmike 3 years, 7 months ago

I need a current frequency list. Does anyone have one that they can send me, or just post?

Chelsea Kapfer 3 years, 7 months ago

p>radioreference.com has them- but last time i tried to access it my anti-virus software warned me of a worm. I have a list- but my friend has it. shoot me an e-mail and when i get it back tomorrow i will scan it and send it to you.

Chelsea Kapfer 3 years, 7 months ago

try sending a message to this guy- http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/Operation100 he reports scanner news for lawrence and KC- he really knows his stuff and is really helpful.

Sigmund 3 years, 7 months ago

You might try one of the local Radio Shack's, they sell scanners and used to have a sheet with local frequencies.

Chelsea Kapfer 3 years, 7 months ago

they sell them on e-bay too, but let's try to come up with a free one. Good idea though, if all else fails!

irvan moore 3 years, 7 months ago

i like the scanner page, thanks for taking the time and making the effort.

pagan_idolator 3 years, 7 months ago

I also like the scanner page. Check it a couple of times a day just to see what is going on.