Advertisement

Posts tagged with Carbon Monoxide

Four people treated after carbon monoxide detected in Lawrence apartment

Operation 100 News report

Medics treated four people for symptoms believed to be cause by carbon monoxide exposure this morning.

Lawrence-Douglas County Fire Medical crews were called an apartment at 1724 Ohio Street, just after 2:30 Sunday morning. The residents told dispatchers that the apartment's carbon monoxide detector was sounding and four people were feeling light headed.

Firefighters reported readings of 72ppm (parts per million) in the apartment and requested the gas company to respond.

Medics treated four people outside of the residence for slight headaches and light-headedness. It did not appear that anyone was transported from the scene by ambulance.

Carbon monoxide levels of 5 parts per million or less are considered normal household levels according to the EPA. Levels near properly adjusted gas stoves are often 5 to 15 ppm and those near poorly adjusted stoves may be 30 ppm or higher. Source

There has been no confirmation regarding what may have caused the elevated levels.

Also new this morning: Officer injured early Sunday in Lawrence

Stay with Operation 100 News on this blog and Twitter for updates as more details become available. Learn how to receive breaking news updates here. For a full look at incidents from Douglas and Johnson counties this morning, take a look at the Operation 100 News twitter feed using the link above.

Operation 100 News' listening hours as well as contact information is located on our Facebook page. Don't forget to give us a "Like" while you are there.

Reply

November 2nd Early Morning Law Enforcement & Fire Medical wrap up

Lawrence Police responded on four disturbances this morning, none of which were reported to involve any serious injuries or arrests.

Fire Medical crews responded on a possible structure fire this morning at 3:13. Crews were called to the 1500 block of W 24th Street after someone reported a newspaper on fire in a stairwell. Police and firefighters arrived to report that the fire had been extinguished. One fire crew reported witnessing a male dressed in dark clothing running from the scene as they were arriving. Officers checked the area and did not report locating anyone matching the given description.

At 3:31, Fire Medical crews were to an apartment in the 400 block of California Street to investigate a Carbon Monoxide alarm sounding, one person was also reporting feeling ill, possibly related to elevated levels of Carbon Monoxide. Crews reported "all clear and under control" about eight minutes at the scene. No one was transported from that scene by Medics.

None of this morning's activity was reported to have involved any serious injuries.

The activity blogged here is only a sampling of some of the things that Douglas County Law Enforcement and Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical respond on. To see a complete list of Lawrence Police activity, the department has that available on their website along with several easy to use maps that show approximate locations for Police activity.

Some of the activity blogged above was reported as it was unfolding by Operation 100 News. Learn how to receive breaking news updates here.

My listening hours as well as contact information is located on my Facebook page. Don't forget to give me a "Like" while you are there.

Reply