LJWorld.com weblogs Reality Check w/ Ben Swann...

General Rant Blog

Soldier balks at deploying; says Obama isn’t president Says he shouldn’t have to go to Afghanistan because Obama is not a U.S. citizen By Lily Gordon U.S. Army Maj. Stefan Frederick Cook, set to deploy to Afghanistan, says he shouldn’t have to go.

His reason?

Barack Obama was never eligible to be president because he wasn’t born in the United States.

Cook’s lawyer, Orly Taitz, who has also challenged the legitimacy of Obama’s presidency in other courts, filed a request last week in federal court seeking a temporary restraining order and status as a conscientious objector for her client.

In the 20-page document — filed July 8 with the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia — the California-based Taitz asks the court to consider granting his client’s request based upon Cook’s belief that Obama is not a natural-born citizen of the United States and is therefore ineligible to serve as commander-in-chief of the U.S. Armed Forces.

Cook further states he “would be acting in violation of international law by engaging in military actions outside the United States under this President’s command. ... simultaneously subjecting himself to possible prosecution as a war criminal by the faithful execution of these duties.”

Cook, a reservist, received the orders mobilizing him to active duty on June 9.

According to this document, which accompanies Cook’s July 8 application for a temporary restraining order, he has been ordered to report to MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa, Fla., on Wednesday. From there, the Florida resident would go to Fort Benning before deploying overseas.

Documents show Obama was born in Hawaii in 1961, two years after it became a state.

A hearing to discuss Cook’s requests will take place in federal court here Thursday at 9:30 a.m.

Comments

farfle 4 years, 9 months ago

Here's something about the credibility of Snopes. They authoritatively reported that Obama was born at Queens Hopital until he changed his mind. Now they authoritatively report that he was born at Kapa'olani Hospital.

RedwoodCoast 4 years, 9 months ago

Without reading all of the comments on this blog, I'll just say that people are getting very desperate to illegitimize Obama's title of democratically-elected President of the United States. It's both hilarious and scary at the same time.

farfle 4 years, 9 months ago

If you believe in snopes then I'm sure you believe wikipedia and I'm sure you are a fool.

dandelion 4 years, 9 months ago

The only country that Americans can't travel too, without special permission is Cuba, and maybe North Korea. But you'll never convince people who probably don't even have a passport, and have never left the country.

This is from yet another ignorant chain email, that uneducated morons believe must be true, because the email said so. I always go to snopes.com when I get these stupid things. Of course, people stop sending me things after I correct them, but oh well.

Roland Gunslinger 4 years, 9 months ago

Q: Did he travel to Pakistan in 1981, at age 20?

A: Yes, by his own admission.

Q: What passport did he travel under?

A: There are only three possibilities.

1) He traveled with a U.S. passport,

2) He traveled with a British passport, or

3) He traveled with an Indonesia passport.

Q: Is it possible that Obama traveled with a U.S. passport in 1981?

A: No. It is not possible. Pakistan was on the U.S. State Department's “no

travel” list in 1981.

Conclusion: When Obama went to Pakistan in 1981 he was traveling either with

a British passport or an Indonesian passport.

The U.S. State Department did not include Pakistan on a "no travel" list barring Americans from traveling there in mid-1981, and evidence documents that Americans could in fact freely visit that country at that time.

The U.S. State Department issues Travel Warnings (which caution travelers about "long-term, protracted conditions that make a country dangerous or unstable") and Travel Alerts (which caution travelers about "short-term conditions, generally within a particular country, that pose imminent risks to the security of U.S. citizens") but those warnings are purely advisory — they do not prohibit Americans from traveling to the listed countries. The fact that the U.S. State Department issued an informative Travel Advisory for Pakistan in August 1981 (to make American citizens aware of updated visa requirements for entering that country) demonstrates that U.S. passport holders could freely travel to and from Pakistan at the time of Barack Obama's visit there.

In short, if Barack Obama did visit Pakistan in the summer of 1981, he — like all other Americans — could have openly done so bearing a U.S. passport.

nugget 4 years, 9 months ago

Allows s-h-i-t like this is proof the Journal World will do anything to sell a few ads.

farfle 4 years, 9 months ago

Why doesn't he just release the long form version of his birth certificate and stop deceiving people by saying the short form is the same thing? The short form was given to people who were born anywhere.

KatWrangler 4 years, 9 months ago

Satirical (Anonymous) says…

Stop me if you've hear this one; what does Obama and God have in common….

God doesn't exist, but Obama does. LOL

Leslie Swearingen 4 years, 9 months ago

This is a soldier who doesn't want to fight. Why doesn't he just come out and say, "when I joined the army I did not expect to be fighting anyone. My God, there's someone over there with a gun." This is a soldier who doesn't want to obey orders. Thinks he can get out of it by coming up with a real good excuse, Obama is not a citizen. Wow!

KS 4 years, 9 months ago

LJW - How long is this story going to stay on? There is nothing new to report.

beatrice 4 years, 9 months ago

Sati, I think we are in agreement about the estremists on both sides. However, you might be surprised, but I'm not that familiar with the Bush conspiracy theories outside of the ridiculous 9/11 nonsense. I've never been one for conspiracy theories in either direction, so I guess I never paid that much attention to those about Bush. Usually, the simplest explanation is the most probable.

dandelion 4 years, 9 months ago

I don't believe cowards used Bush conspiracy theories to get out of being deployed. I hear he volunteered after he was laid off from his job, but then he found a new job and changed his mind. He just wanted to collect a full time check from the government, instead of unemployment. Then some wingnuts decided to use him for political purposes. They are probably paying him too. He's a coward and should get a dishonorable discharge.

Satirical 4 years, 9 months ago

Beatrice.... "we know that Bush wasn't involved in the 9/11 attack, because it was successful."

That one is pretty funny, I have never heard it before.

But seriously, given the plethora of Bush conspiracy theories, which as time went on seemed to get more and more believers, it doesn't suprise me that there are a few about Obama. There are extremist on both sides.

beatrice 4 years, 9 months ago

But porch, where is the film of Obama's mother giving birth while in Hawaii, and the film of the person filming the birth just for added proof, as well as the DNA specialist to draw blood from the baby for future reference to match it with the person who today claims to have been that baby born forty-eight years ago in Hawaii? Huh? Bet you don't have that! And without that, he might has well have been born on the Moon -- which we've never visited.

I'd never cared enough to follow up and look at whether or not Obama ever produced the birth certificate. Thanks for the factcheck link. Seems pretty darn conclusive to me, not that I ever doubted it.

I hope these folks keep yammering away about this sort of thing. They make conservatives look like such odd ducks.

Godot,

Obama has "revealed his past". Ever since June of '08. It's been posted to the Internet since then. You want the address? I've already posted the FactCheck.org site.

You'll notice that no one is taking seriously anyone who says the question of Obama's nationality has not been answered.

No one.

That's what makes it so much fun for us. It's a chess game we know we'll win. Everytime.

Obama detractors walk into walls, repeatedly, and we get to watch.

Ralph Reed 4 years, 9 months ago

One more thing.

In response to those saying the President "caused all this", I probably must agree. I keep forgetting he's not free, WHITE, and 21.

Godot 4 years, 9 months ago

Obama caused this. He has laid down an oppressive, opaque veil of secrecy over his past. All he has to do is lift the veil.

The question is, why won't he do that?

Ralph Reed 4 years, 9 months ago

G D. This is all crp and you know it. So stop buying into the feeding frenzy fed by the chum thrown in the water by both sides.

This has nothing to do with the President's supposedly "questionable parentage". It has everything to do with a commissioned officer using that as an excuse to not do what he volunteered for.

This Army Major volunteered and then backed out. That paints him as a coward in my book. I put him in the same camp as that woman doctor in Kansas City who refused to deploy. Like she did, he has received countless benefits and he's duty bound to repay them.

If he refuses to repay having received those benefits, he should be cashiered with loss of rank, awards and all pay and benefits.

MAJ Cook, you are a coward and a disgrace to the US Army and the United States. As someone said above, your actions have provided excuses to capture, torture, treat as "war criminals" and kill any of our soldiers deployed anywhere in the world. Cowardice of the lowest order.

I'm me. Who are you behind your hood of anonymity?

commuter 4 years, 9 months ago

Irish- Please remember you can be a citizen of the US and a senator from any state without being a natural born citizen.

beatrice 4 years, 9 months ago

"commie-loving pinkos"! Really exhawk? That is funny. How very Archie Bunker of you. How is it possible to get in the way-back machine yet maintain your internet connection? Too funny.

Tom, as you are a self admitted "rural, blindly following, willfully ignorant, right-winger," you never will get it.

Also, as I've stated many, many times, I don't hate Bush. I truly wish he had been successful. He simply wasn't. I'm sure you recall that the economy crashed back in 2008, don't you? Maybe you remember a little thing about a war looking for WMDs that didn't exist that has cost us a few trillion dollars? Even you have admitted, in your more lucid moments, that you didn't care for much that Bush did. Now, you act like he was the great OZ. Oh well.

No matter who followed, they would be left with cleaning up the mess, if it is even possible. It may not be, but most Americans believed and still believe that Obama will do a much better job of it than McCain and his quitter side kick ever would have. But you will never get that. Oh well. The rest of us are moving forward.

In the immortal words of the late, great Freddie Mercury, "No time for losers 'cause we are the champions!" You just can't get over the fact that you are on the side of the losers. Too bad, so sad.

Tom Shewmon 4 years, 9 months ago

Hey Irish, it has zero to do with his race. This guy and Pelosi and Reid are a disaster in the making. The hatred for Bush, BTW, will never be surpassed---ever.

Noone on this site can effectively intimate just why all this is Bush's fault. I need someone to break it down, 'cause as a rural, blindly following, willfully ignorant, right-winger, I just don't get it I guess.

Leslie Swearingen 4 years, 9 months ago

This hatred of someone who is black does not make sense. For whatever reason some posters on here refuse to see black people as even human. I am sure he is not ashamed of his father for being Kenyan or his relatives that live there now. And, he should not be. The man is an American, he was a senator from Illinois, whose people did not question his citizenship, he is now president and is going to serve for eight years. Then the president might very well be a woman, or yet another minority, good God, a Mexican-American. What will you do then?

justfornow 4 years, 9 months ago

So, all you commie-loving pinkos can stick it. And enjoy it.

Well said exhawktown.

If it is such a big deal produce the damn documents and lets be done with this Obama.

Tom Shewmon 4 years, 9 months ago

exhawktown---hahahahahaha!!! Hilarious!!!!

Yet, terribly tragic---this administration and congress that is-----sad and tragic.

exhawktown 4 years, 9 months ago

Out of Obama's mouth, the words "spread the wealth around" were spewed while discussing raising taxes on the "rich," those earning (yes, I said EARNING) $250,000 or more a year.

So yes, I think that is an idea borrowed from Marx. Period. I think it's a bad idea. Period. I think he's full of bad ideas. Wish that were the end of it, but unfortunately, it's not.

So, all you commie-loving pinkos can stick it. And enjoy it.

Tom Shewmon 4 years, 9 months ago

beatrice, I'm not sure you're kidding re; 9-11/Bush/successful. I'm not sure if I'll ever fully realize the breadth and depth of BDS.

beatrice 4 years, 9 months ago

orbiter, don't forget about the G.I. Bill, another of these commie programs that turn the people into robotic war machines for the government.

KUinAussie, as others have said before, we know that Bush wasn't involved in the 9/11 attack, because it was successful.

exhawktown 4 years, 9 months ago

logicsound09: too true. Oh well. Fun to keep 'em guessing.

JayCat_67 4 years, 9 months ago

Sorry, 'bout the "mess" comment Aussie. But I stand behind "discombobulated" 100% just because it's such a fun word. BTW I don't think edible undies count as "recyclable".

Tom Shewmon 4 years, 9 months ago

I just don't think Obama will be happy until we are living in huts like his half brother in Kenya or where ever the hell it is and he can force dependency on the gubment and set up authoritarian rule. That's my conspiracy theory, although looking at what he's doing doesn't make it too awful conspiratorial. Very plausible and as the Generalissimo Obama of the Banana Republic of the United States has said, "We're only getting started".

Daaaaaay-O

Hey Mister Tally Man, tally me banana..........

Wow!

logicsound09 4 years, 9 months ago

exhawktown,

Word to the wise--sarcasm is awfully hard to impart via written word.

exhawktown 4 years, 9 months ago

Orbiter,

Brilliant list of "scary Red Commie Marxist incursions. . ." Yes, all are every bit as frightening as Obama's comments about wealth redistribution.

(If you couldn't detect the sarcasm in the above statement, it might be because of your hyper-convoluted thought process, or maybe the emotional baggage you are obviously bearing. . .) ;-)

I'm heading off to stroke my gun and clean up that puddle of urine. . .

orbiter 4 years, 9 months ago

"Where does the idea of redistribution of wealth come from? Single payer health care? Government-owned businesses?"

--Why stop there, exhawktown?

Here are some other insanely scary Red Commie Marxist incursions into the American system, which clearly no true American could stomach:

--40hr work week --2week vacations --Child labor laws --Public Schools and Universities --Public, or partially public-owned: airports, conventions centers, stadiums, water treatment facilities, etc. --Social security --Medicare --any program that receives even minor government subsidies

In deed you may find these so frightening that you are stroking your gun in a puddle of your own urine waiting for the civil war, but I'm not sure how many would agree these Socialist ideas are so frightening and evidence that we'll all soon be wearing Mao hats unironically under a portrait of the insidious Barrack Obama, secret Muslim/ I mean godless commie/ I mean antichrist/ whatever the flavor of the day is for your hilariously impotent fringe.

KUinAussie 4 years, 9 months ago

this was my first 'blog' so apologies for misleading title.

as for Obama and his BC issue: i am one of those 'conspiracy theorists'. and i DO believe the bush administration was complicit 'in some way shape or form' in 9/11. BUT.... for his BC to be at issue now, IMO, you really think Mcain wouldnt have jumped at this tidbit? what do they say, victory at all costs?

on the other side of the coin, something does have to be said about 'reports of soldiers winning cases based on the BC issue'

i, being the conspiracy theorist that i am, want to know whos posting what..... i, being a conspiracy theorist, would never post anything inaccurate that would cast an even darker shadow on myself.

so..... if its NOT true, and he is a natural born citizen, then who is it perpetuating this rumor still. is it the conspiracy theorists themselves or their mortal enemies, the gov't as its ran today?

hmmm: where did my tinfoil hat go, i fear an uptick in microwaves is inevitable.... just kidding, i dont wear tinfoil hats... only my underwear is recyclable

Tom Shewmon 4 years, 9 months ago

Maybe The Supreme Commander of the Banana Republic of the United States will simply make birth certificates no longer required. It doesn't seem to be that important of a document. Pelosi should start a bill that all babies born just get a barcode stamped on them. Wouldn't that make governing even easier?

exhawktown 4 years, 9 months ago

I wish my concern was merely based on his educational background, and that the concern was simply that he was a spy. Communism is pretty much dead? Where does the idea of redistribution of wealth come from? Single payer health care? Government-owned businesses? The rate at which our government is currently increasing and expanding tells me communism is not quite as dead as some of us might like.

webmocker 4 years, 9 months ago

Pywacket:

Thanks for the chuckle. And the sensible clarification.

MyName 4 years, 9 months ago

Well yeah, I mean clearly the fact that he graduated with a law degree from an elite Western college means that he's secretly a communist spy. Never mind the fact that communism is pretty much dead, he's still a spy, I know it!

couranna1 4 years, 9 months ago

Stupid blog!! I am all in favor of objecting to paticipatong in a illegal immoral war but use a valid reason the one this fool used is repugnant

exhawktown 4 years, 9 months ago

Who cares where he was born? The fact that he's a Marxist should be the main concern at this point. . .

jonas_opines 4 years, 9 months ago

"How cute that W and crew were utterly awash in left-wing concocted conspiracy theories, but now, the same crowd are convinced it's beyond absurd that The Anointed One or his handlers could ever possibly be involved in one single conspiracy theory."

How cute that after spending the Bush years moaning about all the conspiracies, the existence of one on the other side makes you slaver like this, right-thinker.

You should know by now that the inevitable thing you do by pointing out the hypocrisy of some in the left is to offer up a clear picture of your own as well.

beatrice 4 years, 9 months ago

The funny thing is, even if any of this absolutely ridiculous and absurd conspiracy were true -- lets for argument sake say Obama forged his birth certificate and was determined to be ineligible to be president -- what do you think would happen? Do any of you believe that his opponent John McCain would then be appointed as President and, god help us, Sarah Palin Vice President? Nope. Joe Biden would ascend to the presidency.

So, to those on the right, argue away for a Biden presidency if you wish.

Tom Shewmon 4 years, 9 months ago

How cute that W and crew were utterly awash in left-wing concocted conspiracy theories, but now, the same crowd are convinced it's beyond absurd that The Anointed One or his handlers could ever possibly be involved in one single conspiracy theory. You far-left zealots are a laugh a minute...hahahaha!!!!

In other news:

BrianR 4 years, 9 months ago

Maj. Stefan Frederick Cook & Orly Taitz = Wack-a-doodle-doo.......times two.

Breaking News!!!!!

"What personnel remain at the Department of Defense estimated this afternoon that only 15 percent of the U.S. military remains under federal control. The rest are reportedly roaming the countryside in armed bands, looting and pillaging as they go. Those senior officers still reporting for duty have barricaded themselves inside the Pentagon, where they have gradually succumbed to infighting as the chain of command grows more and more ambiguous."

bobberboy 4 years, 9 months ago

Only disgruntaled Republicans know for sure.

JayCat_67 4 years, 9 months ago

Logic hit the nail right on the head. Sending this clown out there with the troops now would be insane. No self respecting Soldier would be able to serve under him.

The point is... and you can argue 'til you're blue in the face about where Mr. Obama was born... but it has nothing to do with why our military is in Afghanistan, or should we just let Mr. Bin Laden and his Al Queda/Taliban buddies off the hook while we determine whether our troops are currently commanded by a Kenyan, Martian, or whatever... But hey, if it makes your political point, by all means, let the pullout begin.

porch_person 4 years, 9 months ago

World Net Daily is a top ten nutcase site. Just try to find this story outside of the blogs and in legitimate news venues.

I'm learning that Major Cook was, until recently, working as a civilian for a contractor as an architect and lost his job. He's a reservist. He volunteered May 8, 2009 to serve one year in Afghanistan with Special Operations Command, U.S. Army Central Command, beginning July 15, 2009. His orders were issued on June 9, 2009.

He volunteered in May. So I guess, in May, Obama was his President.

His attorney has a thing for the "Obama isn't an American" cause and she has a long history of failure with other "clients" trying to take Obama down.

grammaddy 4 years, 9 months ago

This tickles me every time it comes up. Both of his parents were students in Hawaii at the time of his birth. Why would they travel to Kenya for her to give birth in that country. Obama is OUR President and will be for at least 3 more years. Quit fighting that, there's too much work to do and it will take all of us to complete that work.

BigAl 4 years, 9 months ago

Whoops, my mistake porch_person. I see you did mention the newspapers earlier.

BigAl 4 years, 9 months ago

porch_person. Nice job. You also left off both Hawaii newspapers that announced his birth on Aug 4th, 1961. Apparently they knew he was going to run for President in 2008.

John McCain was born in Panama. Barry Goldwater was born in Arizona BEFORE it was a state. Again, these are all non-issues.

dandelion,

I stand corrected. Thank you!

dandelion 4 years, 9 months ago

porch_person (Anonymous) says…

I think you left out the FBI. Don't they do the security background checks?

dandelion 4 years, 9 months ago

KS (Anonymous) says…

Go to WND.com and formulate your own opinion after reading the article. I know it is a conservative site, but gosh, I read the liberl LJW. Read first and then formulate.

The family who owns the LJW are so conservative, I don't think you could even call them moderate Republicans. If you consider them liberal, how radical are you?

porch_person 4 years, 9 months ago

I'm going to make a list of the persons and groups who are in on this "Obama is an American" conspiracy.

Correct me if I'm wrong about anyone.

=============================

Mrs. Obama.

The Hawaiian Department of Health

The registrar of vital statistics for Hawaii, Alvin Onaka

The director of Hawaii’s Department of Health, Chiyome Fukino,

The United States State Department

The Democratic Party.

The Republican Party

The United States Supreme Court

Every person in the world with an IQ over 60.

Am I missing anyone?

classclown,

Yes, I missed that.....

(laughter)

I also missed the vector where Mrs. Obama is teleported up to the Starship Enterprise and then beamed down to Honolulu.

(laughter)

Or was it where she hang glides into Honolulu with Tom "Mission Impossible" Cruise.

(laughter)

Duhn, Duhn. Duhn Duhn Duhn Duhn. Duhn Duhn.

(laughter)

Was she flying first class? Or did the Democrats charter the SR-71 Blackbird?

classclown 4 years, 9 months ago

Porch person you miss a lot.

You are aware the earth is round right? She could have flown the other direction in which case Hawaii would be the first point of the United States she would come across..

logicsound09 4 years, 9 months ago

Do we need to put KS on the list twice?

I can't help but be amused by his repetition of the "but his marching orders were withdrawn!" fact. Typical tactic of a conspiracy theorist--in the absence of hard facts confirming the conspiracy, find an anecdotal fact that can be phrased as a hypothetical question that seems to support your point somewhat.

With 9/11 conspiracy theorists, it's "if it wasn't an inside job, then what happened to Building 7?"

There are any number of reasons that the military could have pulled his marching orders without explanation, the most reasonable being that they don't want some insubordinate kook deploying and endangering other soldiers.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 9 months ago

If listening to 8 years of BDS has taught us anything, it is that no conspiracy theory is too off-the-wall to be discarded.

snap,

Good point. I missed that. That would have been an incredibly rapid rise in the Army, wouldn't it?

You see, the beauty of this paranoid racist whatever the hell you call this "plot" is how it plays as a scheme.

For one to accept that Obama is not an American, then one would have to accept that he was born in Kenya. Then, Mrs. Obama would have had to have jumped on a plane, after delivery, flown to Hawaii, across the United States, from Kenya, in order to certify that the baby she was carrying on the plane was born in Hawaii.

Yeah, that sound reasonable. She bypasses the lower 48 states so because Hawaii, on the other side of the country, was the quickest way to certify Obama. Florida simply wouldn't do.

(laughter)

And then, she gets the local newspaper to announce the birth too. So now they're in on it.

Back in 1961.

You see, Democrats, when they plan to take over the White House, they start early.

(laughter)

See how utterly insane you guys sound?

If you're going to claim that "the truth" isn't "the truth", you have to come up with something plausible to replace it with.

Something like Barack Obama's mom getting plane fare to Hawaii from Kenya right after delivery. Flying over the continental US, looking down and saying "Nope, not good enough. Only Hawaii will do."

Tom Shewmon 4 years, 9 months ago

Thank goodness for the left that all of The Anointed One's shenanigans, with a committed liberal media and a nice sprinkling of corrupt liberal Chicago machinery, Pelosi, Reid and the rest of the disgrace we have in DC is bringing us right-wing kooks out of the woodwork. Now they are listing us and have solidly identified each and every one of us.

porch_person 4 years, 9 months ago

Ok, I bit. I read the "World Net Daily" article. It was funny.

I especially like the part where both of Obama's parents have to be American for Obama to be American. That isn't true at all. I'm surprised that the "geniuses" at World Net Daily didn't detect that legal error on the part of U.S. Army Maj. Stefan Frederick Cook's attorney.

U.S. Army Maj. Stefan Frederick Cook has committed insubordination. Possibly desertion. All that has to happen is for Major Cook to go before a military tribunal and explain why he doesn't feel like he has to obey the order of his superior officer.

That should be interesting.

Like I said, he's bucking to get bounced. It will happen.

The military tribunal will ask what proof Major Cook has that Barack Obama's birth certificate, in the public domain since this time last year, is not legitimate.

Major Cook will have none.

At that point, there is nothing more to decide. We have an insubordinate major with no proof that Barack Obama's birth certificate, (released and certified by the registrar's office in the Department of Health for the State of Hawaii), is illegitimate.

He's toast.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 9 months ago

"If he truly believed that Obama was commanding him and he isn't the President then he should have challenged that status when someone told him to give him fifty during boot camp." porchie, if the man is a major now, he's probably been in the Army since the late-90's (that's before the O'dude got slipped into the White House with the aid of a compliant press and hundreds of millions of dollars of illegal campaign contributions). But don't let reality get in the way of a good rant.

KS,

You haven't figured it out yet, have you?

What makes going to Afghanistan so special? What makes one order any different from any other?

See what I mean? He's just a coward. He'll follow any other order from Barack "I'm not an American, I was born on Mars" Obama but not the order that will get his yellow a$$ killed.

This is all about nothing. U.S. Army Maj. Stefan Frederick Cook is going to get his a$$ bounced out of the Army for insubordination, end of story.

I hope his little day in the sun was worth it.

KS 4 years, 9 months ago

whatifeelfyi 4 years, 9 months ago

Roland Gunslinger 4 years, 9 months ago

Likely pulled his orders so he could stay around for his court martial. Or he got an article 15 for "failure to go" and 6 or 7 other charges. In which case he'll be dishonorably discharged.

purplesage 4 years, 9 months ago

So, Irish, Kansas and Kenya get off easy; neither has to claim him. Whew! Close call.

JayCat_67 4 years, 9 months ago

Oooh, I just reread that discombulated mess that passes as the first paragraph... This dude is a Major!? Even if he did "win without having to show up at the courthouse", I can't imagine any Soldier under his command taking him seriously. There's bound to be some serious morale issues there.

classclown 4 years, 9 months ago

del888 (Anonymous) says…

I'm not sure about the Hawaii thing, but I do know that people born in Missouri are not elible to be president. Something to do with their abiltiy to read and write??

======================================

Oh the irony!

JayCat_67 4 years, 9 months ago

All questions about President Obama's citizenship aside... All soldiers take an oath swearing to obey no only the orders of the president, but also of the officers appointed above them. Last I checked, none of my orders were ever issued directly by the president, but usually by a colonel or general in the major command to which I belonged. I suggest tolerence for this soldier though. He can be chaptered out of the military, perhaps for failure to adapt, and get a general discharge. At this point, he should then be responsible for repaying all educational benefits he has received as he would not be fulfilling his contract.
This should be considered way more than fair as the military has already invested a large amount of money in training this dirtbag, although the "general" discharge would probably offset any marketability his training might provide.

However, if he chooses to continue with this ridiculous suit and loses? I think a little time in Leavenworth might be just the thing for him. Let him buy his own da(r)ned soap on a rope.

KS 4 years, 9 months ago

BTW, the Pentagon withdrew the orders of that Army Reserve Major today that were requiring him to be deployed to Afganistan. No reason given by the Pentagon.. His lawyer says that the Pentagon could not defend his argument about BHO not being a US born citizen. She says they won without having to show up at the courthouse. Too much publicity on this one for BHO. I guess now that any soldier that doesn't want to go can make the same claim and they apparenlty will have a good chance of getting out of it. Hummmmm!

Newell_Post 4 years, 9 months ago

Andrew Jackson wasn't born in the United States...... because the United States did not yet exist when he was born. Hah!

del888 4 years, 9 months ago

KatWrangler 4 years, 9 months ago

Maybe you righties need to make an appointment at Burt Nash. LOL

KatWrangler 4 years, 9 months ago

What a bunch of effing bs, Proves the right has serious mental issues.

JJE007 4 years, 9 months ago

Wow. A conspiracy! Who KNEW! Why did the GWB administration allow this guy to run for president? What incompetent people did George Genius the 23rd have working for him? Wow. Who can you trust these days? It's like the DEMOS and REPUBS are in cahoots to make a mockery of truth, justice and the American WAY, dude! DUDE! Toss them ALL out...damnable money printers! THEY all make their cash and dash while the people pray to the god of lies gone good. What fools these mortals be...cain't neven make cents of the obvious, acuzzin they be fighting in the holler... !~)

farfle 4 years, 9 months ago

porch- I gave you the reference on where to go to look at the facts. It is obvious that you don't want to know the truth. Ignorance is bliss, isn't it.

farfle 4 years, 9 months ago

Maybe if you're going to call yourself logicsound you should actually know something about logic.

farfle 4 years, 9 months ago

logicsound- I see that you use a lot of ad hominem fallacies. That is not sound logic.

notajayhawk,

I'm sure you didn't mean to say what you said. Diagram it and see if you don't see what I'm referring to.

You said that someone can believe that Obama isn't an American and be someone who would join the military merely to take the money and not serve.

You associated the idiots who believe that Obama isn't an American with the coward who joined the military just to get the benefits with no intention of serving his country.

notajayhawk 4 years, 9 months ago

logicsound09 (Anonymous) says…

"Sounds like someone was happy to take the military's money, but is now scared to serve honorably.

"Or he's actually batsh*t crazy and truly believes the garbage about Obama not being a naturalized U.S. citizen."

The two are not mutually exclusive.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 4 years, 9 months ago

Intermission...

( Reps soooooo love a cowboy )

... and one for Nancy....

( waitaminit... that wasn't Richard.... )

logicsound09 4 years, 9 months ago

It seems the virus has mutated and spread to you, however, Nancy Boy.

Unfortunate, that.

Tom Shewmon 4 years, 9 months ago

This has been very good therapy today; the Obama b/c thread. I think the BDS sufferers that have swarmed and foamed at the mouth are on the way to recovery. If labelling some of us kooks helps, I'm all for it. Ya'll were ill for quite awhile and it upset me.

BigPrune 4 years, 9 months ago

He was born in Kenya at 6:00 a.m. on June 6, 1961. Supposedly his birthday (the sixth hour of the sixth day of the sixth month) constitutes the number 666. The number also appears on his body as a birthmark, and he has no fingerprints. One of his parents is a jackyl.

There, I said it.

logic_sound09,

The moon landing was faked!!?!?!?!?!!

You lied to me!!

bearded_gnome,

"Somebody" reporting that "somebody else" says that Obama was born in Kenya isn't fact.

The State of Hawaii produced a birth certificate that everyone can see.

The registrar of vital statistics for Hawaii, Alvin Onaka, and the director of Hawaii’s Department of Health, Chiyome Fukino, both certified that the document is the same as anyone else would get if someone asked you for your birth certificate from Hawaii.

They both certified that Barack Obama was born @ 7:24 PM on August 4th, 1961 in Honolulu HA. Hawaiian birth certificate 151 1961 - 010641.

Not only does the Fact Check site have high resolution photos of the birth certificate, another Obama detractor managed to dig up the newspaper announcement of Obama's birth. From 1961.

Obama's detractors on this issue will never be "right".

Game over.

logicsound09 4 years, 9 months ago

Updated list of kooks:

NancyBoy BigPrune KS bearded_gnome clikker

This is fun! Just keep in mind that you guys rank up there with the loons who are still convinced that 9/11 was an inside job and that the moon landing was faked.

Be careful, because if you hold reasonable opinions on other matters, their credibility is now being called into question.

bearded_gnome....

As you are likely well aware I am no fan of Obama. But these allegation have no basis in reality. While on the other hand credible evidence has been provided (even though you may want additional evidence, or have more questions, doesn't mean what has been provided isn't credible). Perhaps if you could provide some credible evidence to back up your claim, and not merely hearsay...

orbiter 4 years, 9 months ago

"I am no paranoid racist."

--That could be, but then you are just easily swayed by paranoid racists, despite the facts that are readily out there for all to see. I guess that's better? I suppose baffoons are better than racists.

farfle 4 years, 9 months ago

porch

That is not the long form birth certificate. Those were given out to foreign children too. If you really want the facts (which I doubt) go to WorldNetDaily

orbiter 4 years, 9 months ago

Hey KS-- Are you just trying to make yourself, and others like you, look stupid? Or are you just trying to get people to google search the lies you spread so they can up the internet traffic on nativist and white supremacist sites?

You seem like a run of the mill racist that enjoys wallowing in ignorance, but if you actually do want the truth you can start by looking at these sites. I'm not telling you to take the info at face value (I'm sure you are much to careful and smart for that) but it will get you started.

You can also contact the State Department's public affairs office.

Also: Here are some countries on the current Travel Warnings list.

I guess my Kansas-born grandmother isn't a citizen either because she just got back from Israel on a church trip.

Satirical 4 years, 9 months ago

KS.... "I rest my case. Thank you!"

In that case; Your honor (Judge jonas_opines), I move for a directed verdict. Because the plaintiff has failed to provide a legally sufficient evidentiary basis that a reasonable jury could find for them.

(laughter)

I can't believe this BS actually gets any press at all.

Here's Obama's birth certificate http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html. Read it and weep.

PS this has been out for over a year now. Gee, don't the people who still shovel this crap feel foolish.

bearded_gnome 4 years, 9 months ago

Py, I am no paranoid racist.

however, it has been repeatedly reported that Mr. Obama's Kenyan grandmother and his Kenyan half-brother claim that Mr. Obama was born in Kenya.

furthermore, I'd like to see the posters from the left really refute Clickker's facts instead of their usual resorting to smears and snears.

...

waiting.

and, the fact that a majority of those voting in the November election voted for Mr. Obama is also not relevant to this question.

a year ago Mr. Obama himself could have cleared this up by presenting his full birth certificate for examination. problem is, he has not. and offering a Snopes link doesn't change that either.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 9 months ago

Well they faked the moonlanding, there is reason why Neil Armstrong is boycotting the 40th anniversary... The truth will come out on this issue too...

KS 4 years, 9 months ago

Pywacket - I rest my case. Thank you!

Satirical 4 years, 9 months ago

II heard when his teleprompter broke the other day he got cut, and bled green blood. It's true because I read about it on the internet.

farfle 4 years, 9 months ago

As a matter of fact, I usually vote as a Democrat but I care about the rule of law, especially the Constitution. And I am sick of the way the mainstream media has most people hypnotized. Hypnotize v.- "To bypass the critical faculty and establish selective thinking."

farfle 4 years, 9 months ago

Pywacket- I didn't see you actually come up with any of the facts, just insults.

KS 4 years, 9 months ago

I will be the first to admit that the following is a cut and paste. This is not current, but has been cirulating for ahwile. I know not its origin and can not attest to its authenticity. Read it.

"While I've little interest in getting in the middle of the Obama birth issue, Paul Hollrah over at FSM did so yesterday and believes the issue can be resolved by Obama answering one simple question:

What passport did he use when he was shuttling between New York, Jakarta, and Karachi?

So how did a young man who arrived in New York in early June 1981, without the price of a hotel room in his pocket, suddenly come up with the price of a round-the-world trip just a month later?

And once he was on a plane, shuttling between New York, Jakarta, and Karachi, what passport was he offering when he passed through Customs and Immigration?

The American people not only deserve to have answers to these questions, they must have answers.

It makes the debate over Obama's citizenship a rather short and simple one.

Q: Did he travel to Pakistan in 1981, at age 20?

A: Yes, by his own admission.

Q: What passport did he travel under?

A: There are only three possibilities.

1) He traveled with a U.S. passport,

2) He traveled with a British passport, or

3) He traveled with an Indonesia passport.

Q: Is it possible that Obama traveled with a U.S. passport in 1981?

A: No. It is not possible. Pakistan was on the U.S. State Department's "no

travel" list in 1981.

Conclusion: When Obama went to Pakistan in 1981 he was traveling either with

a British passport or an Indonesian passport.

If he was traveling with a British passport that would provide proof that he was born in Kenya on August 4, 1961, not in Hawaii as he claims.

And if he was traveling with an Indonesian passport that would tend to prove that he relinquished whatever previous citizenship he held, British or American, prior to being adopted by his Indonesian step-father in 1967.

Whatever the truth of the matter, the American people need to know how he managed to become a "natural born" American citizen between 1981 and 2008. Given the destructive nature of his plans for America, as illustrated by his speech before Congress and the disastrous spending plan he has presented to Congress, the sooner we learn the truth of all this, the better."

Form you own opinion, See ya!

Pywacket 4 years, 9 months ago

KS~ If you'd pull your head out, you'd see that the liberals have been throwing facts at your feet since Obama came onto the scene and all you paranoid racists started trying to discredit his birth as a way of skirting the real issue--that you were aghast at the thought of a brilliant, impeccably educated black American in the White House.

The liberals "get personal" after you and your fellow neanderthals have repeatedly demonstrated that you're incapable of digesting the facts--at some point, it just seems more fun to poke sticks at you to see you rear back and hiss, since it's impossible to engage you in intelligent dialogue. Might as well have some fun tormenting you...

farfle 4 years, 9 months ago

I'm not intimidated by people who want to squelch discourse by crying "conspiracy theorist." That is just a form of ad hominem argument. WHY hasn't he released the long form birth certificate? Why is he spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to keep his passport and school records secret? I don't think we have to ask why the mainstream media has a news blackout on the subject. If you want info on the subject look at WorldNetDaily. If you want to stay hypnotized rely on the MSM.

KS 4 years, 9 months ago

CHANDLER007 - Why is is when a liberal can't argue the facts, they want to get personal? Stay tuned.

logicsound09 4 years, 9 months ago

"Surprise, surprise, we have our own contingent of batsh*t crazy residents here on the LJWorld forum:

NancyBoy BigPrune"

Add KS to the list.

beatrice 4 years, 9 months ago

"Stop me if you've hear this one; what does Obama and God have in common…."

A: Neither is a member of the Republican Party.

I know this must comes as a great surprise to much of the Republican base.

denak 4 years, 9 months ago

Ok, putting aside the fact that Obama was born in the U.S., you can bet this "soldier's" commanding officer and NCOs were born in the U.S., as far as I am concerned, tell them to give him a direct order to get on that plane, and if he doesn't, throw his yellow belly butt in the brig for disobeying a direct order, conduct unbecoming and whatever else they can come up with.

Dena

jonas_opines 4 years, 9 months ago

The Slurg Beast gives you a pass, this time.

Jonas_opines…

Please forgive and have mercy on me for my ignorance.

mom_of_three 4 years, 9 months ago

Ks- all that other stuff matters if he was not born in Hawaii, which he says and the birth certificate says he was.
If Obama was born in Kenya, as the conspiracy theorists like to imagine, wouldn't there be a passport record of his mother in Africa at the time of his birth? Wouldn't there be other records?

meggers 4 years, 9 months ago

Clikker, just who are these "pretty good sources" that claim Obama was born in Kenya?

Snopes is your friend:

If a soldier had refused to serve his country when Bush was appointed president in 2000, claiming that he was not legitimately elected, what would your view of that soldier have been? I suspect you would have called him a traiter. Where is your outrage at this soldier?

jonas_opines 4 years, 9 months ago

Satirical: If you'd been paying attention (or maybe, been here on the boards for many many years) you will know that I am the High Priest of the Church of the Great Slurg Beast of HyperAndromache VII, the great being that defecated out the universe. As such, I am privy to some of the information coming out of HyperAndromache VII, and post it for others to inform themselves.

Clickker 4 years, 9 months ago

It has been said from some pretty good sources that Obama was born at Coast Hospital in Mombosa, Kenya located in Coast Province. Obama's father was a Kenyan citizen and Obama's mother ,a U.S. citizen, who was not old enough to register Obama's birth in Hawaii as a "natural born" United States citizen. The laws on the books at the time of Obama's birth required the U.S. citizen parent to have resided in the United States for ten (10) years, five (5) years of which were after the age of fourteen (14). Obama's mother was only eighteen (18) years old when Obama was born in Kenya. So, there you go.....

jonas_opines...

I had no idea! You must be privy to some very good information or are a soothsayer. You will be hailed as a hero someday for your clairvoyance.

jonas_opines 4 years, 9 months ago

KS: "I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist"

Yes you do.

"but there is truly something fishy about this whole deal. It just isn't passing the smell test with me."

Of course it's not. Obama is a liberal democrat, and as such your bias makes you feel obligated to find any way that you can to discredit him, and to find any way to continue to do so even after the issue is laid to rest. Your comment history over the year(s) here shows that quite clearly.

jonas_opines 4 years, 9 months ago

"Are you insinuating the Obama is a space alien? I haven't heard that one yet. But since I believe everything I read on the internet, especially comments from anonymous bloggers, I must assume it is true."

Satirical, I broke that story a few days before the election.

CHANDLER007 4 years, 9 months ago

KS--

This is a non-issue, so let it go & get over it already! The people elected him. And if it isn't "passing the smell test" as you put it, perhaps it's because you reek of cowardice & BS

toe 4 years, 9 months ago

Is his birth certificate available for review? Until it is, this will not go away.

Tom Shewmon 4 years, 9 months ago

Hey everyone is jumping me and all I did was make a crack about the conscientious objector. Where did I comment on whether or not Obama is a legal citizen? I have FAR, FAR more concerns about Obama than a birth certificate.

KS…

I totally agree, I think he is a space alien sent from a distant planet as the ultimate weapon to destroy our civilization.

Pywacket…

Good point. The U.S. Constitution requires a natural born citizen to become POTUS. Since Obama is a natural born citizen not a naturalized citizen, the answer to this blog would – No Obama is not a naturalized citizen.

KS 4 years, 9 months ago

mom_of_three - Because he was not born in Hawaii. See Big Prunes post of 11 AM. He has only provided the "short form" of a certificate and part of that is blacked out. Because Hawaii had just become a state about two years prior to his birth, Hawaii allowed for one to register a birth. It was like, don't ask and we won't tell. He did not grow up in this country either. He was NOT a US Senator for "years". He did not complete his first term. Sound familiar? He hardly showed up in the Senate after he was elected. He started running for President. I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist, but there is truly something fishy about this whole deal. It just isn't passing the smell test with me.

logicsuond09...

True, true. But, at least they could have given us a fighting chance. Can't they see we are helpless to his smoothing talking and charisma. We can't help but suspend rational thought when he speaks. Those bstrds!

Pywacket 4 years, 9 months ago

Cook is an idiot. Ditto Nancy and Prune. But we already knew that.

And for clarity's sake, since a few here seem confused about the term, a "naturalized citizen" is someone who was NOT born here, but has become a US citizen.

Thus, Obama is not a naturalized citizen--he's a regular, born-in-the-USA citizen, just like most of the posters here. (Excepting those of you who apparently were hatched.)

logicsound09 4 years, 9 months ago

Satirical,

I believe your problem is expecting an alien to be "humane"...

:-)

Satirical 4 years, 9 months ago

MyName.... "Perhaps if a soldier in a similar situation had only played the “W is a space alien” defense, he might have had more sympathy from the right."

Are you insinuating the Obama is a space alien? I haven't heard that one yet. But since I believe everything I read on the internet, especially comments from anonymous bloggers, I must assume it is true. Now we just have to figure out which planet his is from and why they would send such a evil device to destroy our civilization. Wouldn't it just be more humane to blow us up?

MyName 4 years, 9 months ago

@BigPrune: Just because "some claim" something, doesn't make it true, or even relevant to whether or not the soldier should deploy. "Some claim" that the world is flat, but that's not going to gain you an inch in a court of law, or any other public forum.

@Nancy_Boy:

Conscientious objectors were only relevant when W was Commander in Chief

Oh yeah, just like they were only "traitors" when W was president, amirite? Perhaps if a soldier in a similar situation had only played the "W is a space alien" defense, he might have had more sympathy from the right.

The bottom line is that this is for the military and the courts to decide, but if some nutty claim about a fake birth certificate is the best he can come up with, then it doesn't look good (unless the soldier really is frutty as a nutcake).

ksdivakat 4 years, 9 months ago

LOL...Satirical.....You win the post for the day!!!!

Satirical 4 years, 9 months ago

Stop me if you've hear this one; what does Obama and God have in common....

logicsound09 4 years, 9 months ago

NancyBoy BigPrune

autie 4 years, 9 months ago

kind of late now, ain't it?

BigPrune 4 years, 9 months ago

Obama's never come up with the long form of his birth, stating the hospital, the doctor's name, etc. The soldier's orders to deploy were revoked without explanation. Hmmm.

Some claim he was born in Kenya (like his grandma) which makes it illegal for him to be the presidente.

logicsound09 4 years, 9 months ago

jimmyjms 4 years, 9 months ago

He's not a conscientious objector, he's a freeper.

And a moron.

mom_of_three 4 years, 9 months ago

Obama was born in Hawaii, which would make him a U.S. Citizen because he was born in a U.S. state, regardless of the parentage of his parents.
why is this still an issue?

Tom Shewmon 4 years, 9 months ago

Conscientious objectors were only relevant when W was Commander in Chief.......reason? Just because.

llama726 4 years, 9 months ago

Hi KUinAussie...

Perhaps you should simply link to articles rather than copying and pasting them, then presenting them as your own work. Just a thought.

motocross 4 years, 9 months ago

He's Kenyan....ask his grandma!

Flap Doodle 4 years, 9 months ago

"President Obama was a senator for years before he was elected to this office." That is not germane. Senators do not have to be natural-born citizens.

Leslie Swearingen 4 years, 9 months ago

This argument should have disappeared a long time ago. President Obama was a senator for years before he was elected to this office. His father being Kenyan does not make the President a citizen of that country. You might as well call him a Kansan because his mother is from there. When you sign up as a reservist do you even realize that at some point you might be called on to serve? In the armed forces? Maybe in another country? Did these orders come as such a shock to Cook that this is the best he can come up with?