LJWorld.com weblogs The Lawrence Crime Blotter

Attempted robbery reported at "The Pig"

Lawrence Police are looking for leads in an attempted armed robbery reported early this morning at a downtown coffee shop and bar, The Bourgeois Pig, at Ninth and Massachusetts streets.According to a report, a 29-year-old employee told police he was cleaning up about 2:40 a.m. when he heard someone try to turn the back door handle. He looked and saw at the door a man who was wearing a bandana over his face, a dark hooded sweatshirt and dark pants. When the employee approached the door, he told police, the man tried to turn the door handle again and then tapped on the glass of the door with a handgun. The man said he moved away from the door and called police.Officers searched the area but didn't find the suspect. Police ask anyone with information to call the TIPS hotline at 843-TIPS.-contributed by [Eric Weslander.][1] [1]: http:www2.ljworld.com/staff/eric_weslander

Comments

holygrailale 7 years, 5 months ago

Marion, you're talking to yourself again.

holygrailale 7 years, 5 months ago

I like the Pig.

Few things finer than sitting in a chair on the sidewalk, with the sun beating down or even late at night, people watching on Ninth St.

They play good music there too. One of the few places you can regularly hear Wilco (and like bands) played in public.

This story upsets me.

bearded_gnome 7 years, 5 months ago

myname: he already is a superhero: "biosolidsman" in brown tights, with a big "BS" on his chest!

hilary 7 years, 5 months ago

People are robbing Mom & Pop's and trying to break into the pig? I must've really ticked an ex off. What will be next? Please, God...not Free State Brewery!

prospector 7 years, 5 months ago

"Mad Dog."

His beverage of choose since the Pig will not serve him. If he is doing "my level best", expect colateral damage. Marion you have had many points here and they all point to pretentious! MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The_Original_Bob 7 years, 5 months ago

I find it HIlarious that the stench used the phrase, "Mad Dog." Isn't that what he was put on this Earth to protect?

MyName 7 years, 5 months ago

Perhaps you should become a Superhero and fight crime, too.

But Marion (aka Suuuuper Pundit) is a superhero! He's always out there on the ljworld.com message boards keeping our city safe from the no-growth-anti-gun-tax-and-spender-hippy-dippy-roundabout-loving-liberals! I'll bet he even wears his underwear on the outside of his tights, just like Superman! All he needs is a really boring comic book (sorry, "graphic novel") describing his day job as a mild mannered lunatic!

Marion Lynn 7 years, 5 months ago

SpotsTea:

You have gotten the point of this aritcle; crimes against both persons and property are on the increase in Lawrence, regardless of the juggled statistics released by the "authorities:.

Andini:

I would not attempt a "citizens arrest" in the case of an armed adversary.

I would however, do my level best to put down the mad dog permanently.

Thanks.

Marion.

Andini 7 years, 5 months ago

Marion,

I'm surprised that you didn't pull a "Gomer Pyle" and run down to the pig screaming "Citizens Arrest!! Citizens Arrest!!"

Thanks, Andini

SportTea 7 years, 5 months ago

Personally, I am sorry to see the pig get (almost) hit. But then I am sorry to see the police have to run down some guy a block from my home, and that people are getting shot on Mass. St, and that armed robberies seem to be on the increase. Sheesh...And this used to be such a nice, crazy, quiet town

Marion Lynn 7 years, 5 months ago

The point is that you had no idea to what I was referring but you took off on your own after having made baseless ASSumptions quite as you are prone to do.

Tripping your tirggerrs and pushing your buttons is hardly even fun any more as it is sooooooooooo easy.

You did exactly what I espected you to do.

Easy.

You are better examples of conditioning than Pavlos's dogs.

Thanks.

Marion.

P.S.

Just finished with the State forms for my PAC.

innocuous_posts 7 years, 5 months ago

Lame-O behavior: discovering that vituperation is being heaped on your head and then pretending that you were being hugely clever and fooling everybody.

The_Original_Bob 7 years, 5 months ago

Prospector... Good double meaning there. Quality.

LiberalDude 7 years, 5 months ago

Nope didn't interest me.

Thanks.

LiberalDude.

Marion Lynn 7 years, 5 months ago

It may interst you to know that the conversatin transpired because the then owner of The Pig had asked me to help design a web based video security system which would allow him to monitor both the employees and the clinetle from the comfort of his home.

INcluded in the design was an electric lock for the back doo, outdoor video surveilliance and improved security lighting on the rear deck.

The system which would have monitored the employess would have included a camera installed directly over the cash register which viewed the cash drawer at all times with a companion split-screen camera which would also show which employess was using the register.

As this part of the system would have been stand-alone, it very well could have been installed.................................

Thanks.

Marion.

prospector 7 years, 5 months ago

State the obvious=/= karma

Pretentious Cow= Marion

LiberalDude 7 years, 5 months ago

Here, Here, thank you to Marion for looking out for our security and keeping us all safe. I know that I'll sleep better tonight knowing that Marion is here to warn Lawrence business owners of safety problems!

Perhaps you should become a Superhero and fight crime, too.

Thanks.

LiberalDude.

Marion Lynn 7 years, 5 months ago

Well, TOB, go take a shower and consider improving your personal hygiene.

Thanks.

Marion.

The_Original_Bob 7 years, 5 months ago

Holy Moses. The stench is overwhelming.

Marion Lynn 7 years, 5 months ago

Atyally, I was referring to my own little private joke as several years ago I had an extensive conversation with the then owner regarding the almost complete lack of security in the deck attached to The Pig.

I predicted an event precisely such as this and was pooh-poohed in that prognosication.

I am quite glad that no one one injured in what could have been a very nasty incident but must admit that I do so love it when a plan comes together.......the plan being to watch some of you make ASSumptions; quite unwarranted and then go spinning off into la-la land!

You so easy!

You easy la-la land long time!

Thanks.

Marion.

The_Original_Bob 7 years, 5 months ago

Gosh. It stinks over here as well.

LiberalDude 7 years, 5 months ago

No, we don't all love you Marion.

Thanks,

LiberalDude

feeble 7 years, 5 months ago

Getting kicked out of coffee shop / bar because you frighten away business with demagoguery and harass the staff can hardly be translated into some unfulfilled karmatic debt.

Glad to see that policy was followed and policy kept someone safe.

scootterxlch 7 years, 5 months ago

lololololololololololololololololol nail meet head we all love you marion

cutny 7 years, 5 months ago

What? You're banned from that bar too, Morion? Classic

cutny 7 years, 5 months ago

Glad whoever was working had the presence of mind to clean up with the door locked. Do Not F with the PIG!!!