LJWorld.com weblogs justforfun

Sidewalks with more than 1/2 deflection to be cited


Does everybody understand that city code doesn't allow for more than 1/2" deflection?? This means that anywhere thare is a crack or lip of more than 1/2" it can be reported to the public works Dept and they will survey and mail a notice to property owner. Owners will have 90 days to correct problem or city will do it at owners expense. I encorage everybody to walk their neighborhoods, make a list and get it to public works dept. I personally did 4 blocks in east Lawrence neighborhoods and reported hundreds of violations to code. I suggest we do as much as possible before city commisioners take over the sidewalk repair program themselves and raise taxes on everbody for the work.


slvrntrt 7 years, 4 months ago

In most places the sidewalks are taken care of by the city, not the landowner. I think it's strange here that it is the property owner's responsibility.

kernal 7 years, 4 months ago

Hey, Just, get on over to the Oread neighborhood. You'll be in your glory; just make sure you take extra paper.

LadyJ 7 years, 4 months ago

Don't forget to measure the bricks in the street for a 1/2 inch deflection. How are you liking that new brick street? Seems the money would have been better spent on repairing sidewalks instead.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.