LJWorld.com weblogs In Simple Words

In Plain Sight 5/13/2012 (Solved)

Previous: IPS 9/14/2011
Next: IPS 5/16/2012

Cody got it, what else can I say. See the end of the post for the complete photo.

Life changes have brought me back to my old haunts. Among other things, I work in Lenexa now and drive through town on my way home. That means I have fewer excuses for not looking for a subject.

The last post was 8 months ago, almost to the day. Is anyone still out there?

If this is, indeed, the start of a new round of IPS posts, then I've started you off easy. Please go easy on me.

The image(s) above is(are) of a part of a photo of a subject somewhere in the area. I'll add additional parts of the entire photo over the next few days. You are invited to try to guess the subject and location. I'll notify the first person who correctly identifies the subject or location of the entire photo. That subject or location won't be revealed until later, after the answer is obvious. I suggest that people indicate that their guess is "Final" as opposed to just speculation and limit themselves to one final answer per person.

Comments

gonewest 1 year, 10 months ago

Psst, how long has Fuzzy's been there? Sorry, I haven't been there since '81. :(

RoeDapple 1 year, 11 months ago

"Lawrence's first oldest park, South Park was part of the original 1854 town site. In the original town plat, South Park, located on Massachusetts Street, covered eight city blocks and was divided evenly into four separate parks - Lafayette Park, Hamilton Park, Washington Park and Franklin Park. The bandstand, or the South Park gazebo, was erected in May 1906."

Google is my friend

David Klamet 1 year, 11 months ago

So where does the name North Park St. come from? Obviously it is North of South Park.

Did South Park originally have another name? Like just "The Park"

I see on Google Maps that there is an East North Park St. and a West North Park St.

And South of South Park is West South Park Street and East South Park St. That, at least , makes some sense.

I think.

I'm reminded of Abott and Costello's "Who's on First" routine.

RoeDapple 1 year, 11 months ago

Hmmm . . . South is the new North . . . Only in Lawrence. No wonder you never found Amelia's plane wreckage!

David Klamet 1 year, 11 months ago

We'll have to give it to Cody. But to complicate things, I would say it is the SE corner of the block bounded by Mass, 11th, N. Park St., and Vermont.

But for common usage, I'll have to agree with Cody.

And why is North Park St. on the edge of South Park, anyway?

And it just occurred to me, if there was a south Park, did Buford Watson park used to be North Park?

RoeDapple 1 year, 11 months ago

Cody almost got it. Northwest corner of Mass and North Park

MattressMan 1 year, 11 months ago

Fuzzy's Tacos or maybe KUTZ hair place at 23rd and Harper?

KevinBacon 1 year, 11 months ago

I think Cody got it. That's definitely Fuzzy's.

Cody Howard 1 year, 11 months ago

Fuzzy's Tacos. Northeast corner of Massachusetts Street and North Park Street.

tange 1 year, 11 months ago

Awaking outside the B I N G O Palace on a vertical horizon morning.