LJWorld.com weblogs In Simple Words

In Plain Sight 1/27/2010

Previous:IPS 1/20/2010
Next:IPS 2/3/2010

beerdrinkingfool identified this week's subject. See the end of this post for the answer

2nd image:

3rd image:

This week's subject has me a bit excited. It is simple and a bit out of the way. I'm not sure what it says about me if something liket this passes for excitement in my life.

Anyway, it should be easy, but I'm usually wrong when I think that.

Yep, I've put the images near the top of the post. You don't care about the blather here, anyway, so I've moved it down.

The image(s) above is(are) a part of a photo I took somewhere in the area. I'll add additional parts of the picture over the next few days. You are invited to try to guess the subject and location of the photo. I'll notify the first person who correctly identifies the subject or location of the entire photo. That subject or location won't be revealed until later, after the answer is obvious. I suggest that people indicate that their guess is "Final" as opposed to just speculation and limit themselves to one final answer per person.

You can check my twitter account to see when new images are posted, or just check back here. I normally post a new picture each Wednesday evening.

Suggestions for interesting, out of the way (or not so out of the way) subjects are welcome. Hey, this is harder than it looks....well, sometimes at least.

Are you actually reading the "fine print" I include with these posts? If you actually read down this far, send me a messages through the LJW private message page and I might send you a hint on next week's subject.

Or I might not.

Horshoe pits south of South Junior High

Comments

David Klamet 5 years, 3 months ago

As always, hujiko is observant and insightful. However, in this case, I must also add...incorrect.

But her suggestion......

David Klamet 5 years, 3 months ago

Can't tell the gender from the name, so the gender reference may be incorrect. Didn't intend to be sexist.

cece_stand 5 years, 3 months ago

My best guess is that it is on West 18th between Maine St. and Missouri St. Normally only accessible for foot traffic, around game time it has been opened for vehicles. Final Answer.

David Lignell 5 years, 3 months ago

Dual landing strips at Lawrence Airport for the flying monkeys; circa 1939, Wizard of Oz. Final answer!

beerdrinkingfool 5 years, 3 months ago

the horseshoe field at broken arrow park final answer.

Mariposa 5 years, 3 months ago

Central Junior High at 14th and Mass. Final answer.

Mariposa 5 years, 3 months ago

I had to Google horseshoe pitching as I had no idea what it was. There are pages of rules and regulations around throwing two horseshoes at a stake in the ground. A complete kit can cost one hundred dollars. It would seem this game is about arm strength and hand-eye coordination. Sounds interesting, though. beerdrinkingfool am I right in assuming that you play this game which is why you were able to identify it?

beerdrinkingfool 5 years, 3 months ago

no there was a scavenger hunt in the area and i remember the field . I play a better game called KUBB, look that one up .

Mariposa 5 years, 3 months ago

beerdrinkingfool Swedish game! It does sound interesting. The web site I found has a set of blocks and sticks with a canvas bag for fifty dollars. It stated that the pieces are laid out like a chess game. Is the strategy the same? As me Mum says, "learn something new everyday."

beerdrinkingfool 5 years, 3 months ago

yeah it depends on how good your throw is and if the kubb rolls but there is strategy