LJWorld.com weblogs In Simple Words

So Much to See #8 (2/17/2008)

Previous:SMTS #7
Next:SMTS #9

This week, for reasons known only to me, the sequence of images will be different. Instead of an image which gradually expands, I'll be post small sections from different parts of the picture. I normally add one new image each day, but this time I will post additional snippets of the picture more often, probably twice a day.If you are the first person who correctly identifies the place or object, I'll send you a message to let you know you're correct. Everyone else will just have to keep looking.Cody is currently the undisputed master of this game. Take him down!This week's first image:

Here is a different part of the picture:

I said I would add images more frequently, here is another:

And another piece:
http://worldonline.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/blogs/entry_img/2008/Feb/19/DSC_0769d.JPGAnd another:

The blue baloon marks the location of this week's location:

View Larger MapHere is the picture of the train at Buford M. Watson Park:

Click on the picture to see a larger image:

Comments

Nikki May 6 years, 10 months ago

So far, I'm going to say edgewood park.

aeroscout17 6 years, 10 months ago

I'm agreeing with mom of three; PP Nature Center

Nikki May 6 years, 10 months ago

I suppose it's possible, but I'm really trying to strain my brain figuring out WHERE because that looks like a grill next to the path, and I am not positive where that would be. But, who knows. I just like to contradict though.

mom_of_three 6 years, 10 months ago

I can't tell if that is a grill or what it is.... could be a grill......

mom_of_three 6 years, 10 months ago

the new picture.....doesn't really help.....still looks like the nature center.....

or is it the park next to Prairie Park Elementary, which is called Prairie Park?? The shrubbery looks familiar

Cody Howard 6 years, 10 months ago

Wow! Talk about pressure!

This really is just an absolutely wild guess, because I've never set foot in this 'park' in my entire life -- plus, since I've been called out I feel compelled to provide some sort of answer, so I'll say the McGrew Nature Preserve.

Nikki May 6 years, 10 months ago

That grass is everywhere. I've never been to the nature preserve either.

Dorothy Hoyt-Reed 6 years, 10 months ago

Could it be the native grass thing on Clinton Parkway where the buffalo statue is?

mom_of_three 6 years, 10 months ago

Man, a lot of good guesses..... YOu made it so much harder!!

Nikki May 6 years, 10 months ago

I'm thinking NOT the buffalo. I thought of it, but couldn't figure out the first picture with it.

mom_of_three 6 years, 10 months ago

It also looks like the landscaping at the Douglas County Fairgrounds.....near the buildings on 19th street

David Klamet 6 years, 10 months ago

Yes, this week's picture is hard. I think you'll understand why when it is identified.

MattressMan 6 years, 10 months ago

I would have to say with the black fence (in pics 2,4 and 5) and the stop light and traffic turning in the background of pic 4 (maybe even KPL substation) my guess is the train in Watson park.

Nikki May 6 years, 10 months ago

If it's not Buford M. Watson park (train park) then I'll take Constant park across the street. It's seemingly at a bigger intersection so that's another guess.

Casey_Jones 6 years, 10 months ago

I would also guess the train park. Most definately.

BigPrune 6 years, 10 months ago

The grill looks like a bench. Hmmmm.........it could be a piece of artwork downtown but then it would be too good. The train has some black painted fencing, and that kind of wild grass I think might be next to the gigantic phallic symbol at the southern end of the park, but digress, I have no idea where this could be.

mom_of_three 6 years, 10 months ago

. There is the gazebo next to the train, so the first picture was probably the grill. The fourth picture didn't help, but the picture of the fence definitely helped.

mom_of_three 6 years, 10 months ago

Dave did a good job on the first picture.... seen the entire picture and didn't even think it was a bench.....

Nikki May 6 years, 10 months ago

It just amazes me that several of these things are things I drive by DAILY and yet I can't guess them. It's great, yesterday I looked again at the train as I drove by. Seems like I take my surroundings for granted.