LJWorld.com weblogs In Simple Words
Lawrence, The Way It Was
If you're a long time Lawrence resident, here's a little quiz to see what you remember about Lawrence the way it was...
- Where and what was Griff's?
- What major retail chain had a store where the Antique Mall is now located. (Hint, it has moved again since then). For extra credit, where did it move to before moving to its present location?
- Name a store that is now located where Woolworth's used to be located.
- Bucky's originally had another name, what was it?
- Where did George's Hobby Shop used to be located?
- What was the name of the drive-in theater that was located on 6th Street near where Sonic is now located?
- There was yet another drive-in theater in town, where was it? For extra credit what was its name. Please tell me, I don't know.
- Where was the Vista drive-in located?
- What is the name of the restaurant that occupied the building where Bambino's is now?
- Where was the "Campus Hideaway" located?
Extra credit if you: 1. Went to a movie at either of the drive-in theaters mentioned above. 2. Actually climbed on the train in the "Train Park" (Buford M. Watson, Jr. Park) before the fence was placed around it. 3. Ever saw Leo Beuerman in his little cart downtown. Triple extra credit if you ever bought a pencil from him.