LJWorld.com weblogs Heard on the Hill
KU Crime Blotter: May 15-28
School’s out for the summer, as of May 12. The KU Crime Blotter isn’t out for the summer, but it is moving from once a week to once every two weeks until students return to campus in August.
The following incidents were reported to the University of Kansas Office of Public Safety between Monday, May 15, and Sunday, May 28. Incidents are listed by date reported. This list may not include all crimes reported to police during the date range, as incidents occasionally are posted online longer than two days after being reported.
• Criminal damage to property occurred about 2 a.m. May 25 at Strong Hall. An exterior building sign was broken off at the base. Damage was estimated to be $989.
• Police stopped a vehicle for driving with no headlights and found the driver to be intoxicated about 12:05 a.m. May 24 at the Kansas Union.
• Trespassing occurred May 23 or 24 at Murphy Hall. An unknown man was seen in an office.
• Someone stole a laptop computer May 22 or 23 at Marvin Studios. Loss was valued at $800.
• Someone stole a locked box full of power tools May 22 or 23 from a construction site at Hoglund Ballpark. Loss was valued at $6,739.
• Someone stole parts from a bike May 20 or 21 at GSP Residence Hall. Loss was valued at $500.
• Someone stole two black bicycles from a bike rack, plus a cable lock, May 11 or 12 at Grace Pearson Scholarship Hall. Loss was valued at $390.
• Vandalism occurred about 11 p.m. May 13 at the Kansas Union. Someone used a marker to write on the Jayhawk statue.
• Someone stole property that had been left outside the building on May 14 at McCarthy Hall. Loss was valued at $600.
• Someone stole a window control panel from an unattended vehicle May 15 at Lot 90, 1800 block Naismith Drive. Loss was valued at $50.
Source: crimereports.com, KU Office of Public Safety
— I’m the Journal-World’s KU and higher ed reporter. See all the newspaper’s KU coverage here. Reach me by email at email@example.com, by phone at 832-7187, on Twitter @saramarieshep or via Facebook at Facebook.com/SaraShepherdNews.