LJWorld.com weblogs Heard on the Hill
KU Crime Blotter: March 6-12
The following incidents were reported to the University of Kansas Office of Public Safety between Monday, March 6, and Sunday, March 12. Incidents are listed by date reported. This list may not include all crimes reported to police during the date range, as incidents occasionally are posted online longer than two days after being reported.
• While serving a search warrant, police found a minor possessing marijuana, paraphernalia, prescription drugs and alcohol, with no drug tax stamp, about 9:45 p.m. March 12 at GSP Residence Hall.
• During a consent search, police found people in possession of marijuana, drug paraphernalia and a fake driver’s license about 7:20 p.m. March 12 at Corbin Residence Hall.
• Police found people in possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia about 8 p.m. March 11 at Hashinger Residence Hall.
• Someone stole 10 prescription pills from a room between March 9 and March 11 at Hashinger Residence Hall. Loss was valued at $7.
• A man who reportedly had been seen strangling his girlfriend was found to be in possession of a fake driver’s license about 12:40 a.m. March 11 in the 1400 block of Alumni Place.
• Someone found a pouch containing a straw and a small bag of methamphetamine and turned it in to lost and found about 4:45 a.m. March 9 at Oliver Residence Hall.
• Someone stole a wallet that the victim had left in the bathroom March 8 at Anschutz Library. Loss was valued at $60.
• Someone removed two subwoofers, and amplifier and a subwoofer box from another person’s vehicle, damaging a subwoofer and cords, March 6 or March 7 at Lot 109, 1600 block W. 15th Street. Loss was valued at $355. Damage was estimated at $20.
Source: crimereports.com, KU Office of Public Safety
— I’m the Journal-World’s KU and higher ed reporter. See all the newspaper’s KU coverage here. Reach me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 832-7187, on Twitter @saramarieshep or via Facebook at Facebook.com/SaraShepherdNews.