LJWorld.com weblogs Heard on the Hill
KU Crime Blotter: April 17-23
The following incidents were reported to the University of Kansas Office of Public Safety between Monday, April 17, and Sunday, April 23. Incidents are listed by date reported. This list may not include all crimes reported to police during the date range, as incidents occasionally are posted online longer than two days after being reported.
• Someone took items from a car April 24 at the Mississippi Street parking garage. Loss was valued at $6.
• Someone was found in possession of marijuana while trespassing and damaging a door about 2:30 a.m. April 22 at Jayhawker Towers.
• Criminal damage occurred about 2:30 a.m. April 21 at Jayhawker Towers. A man punched out the glass to an entry door. Damage was estimated at $600.
• Someone took a wallet from a vehicle about 5 a.m. April 19 at West 19th Street. Loss was valued at $90.
• After applying for and obtaining a search warrant, police found prescription drugs, marijuana, drug paraphernalia and a fake driver’s license about 5:10 p.m. April 19 at Hashinger Hall.
• Someone stole clothing from a dryer April 18 at Ellsworth Residence Hall. Loss was valued at $400.
• Someone stole a wallet and miscellaneous cards April 17 from Ambler Student Recreation Center. Loss was valued at $45.
• Someone stole items from a vehicle April 17 at Lot 111, 500 block of West 11th Street. Loss was valued at $969.
• Someone damaged a tree April 16 or April 17 in the 1400 block of Jayhawk Boulevard. Loss was valued at $1,000.
Source: crimereports.com, KU Office of Public Safety
— I’m the Journal-World’s KU and higher ed reporter. See all the newspaper’s KU coverage here. Reach me by email at email@example.com, by phone at 832-7187, on Twitter @saramarieshep or via Facebook at Facebook.com/SaraShepherdNews.