LJWorld.com weblogs Gilchrist supporter

Disappeardedededed fellows

It's not the first time, nor will it be the last, that our online leader JKealing has taken it upon himself to cyberkill one (or in this case, two) of our own in the online community who thoughtfully and regularly contributed and entertained us in the comments sections and blogosphere of the LJW. But I would really like Mr. Kealing to rethink his decision regarding these two wonderful human beings and return them to where they belong, here with all of the other online orators so that they might enlighten us and enrich our lives. If you agree with this, or even if you are just Gilcurious, please write your newspaper, JKealing in particular, and ask him for an explanation as to why our dear brothers have been disappeardededededed.

woodenfleaeater 6 years ago

Although I do not know the Gilchrist bros, nor could I identify them on their bikes, I do find it funny how people's accounts are taken down without warning...It seems some people can say anything i.e.: Marion, multi, autie, consumer1, tumbilweed, Irish, Roe, old enough, and nothing seems to happen to them, no matter how offensive, racist or debatable their comment may be.....And, when some people say a couple of of the rocker comments, they are disapeardeded. I would like an explanation of how some can stay, and some go as well. Is it favortism? I would like to know.

woodenfleaeater 6 years ago

True TOB. He does seem to be pretty upset, although he does raise a valid point.

mom_of_three 6 years ago

See, now, I wouldn't put Roe, autie, Multi or Irish in the same category with Consumer1 (who can get downright hateful in name calling). Marion is all on his own, and I can't at them moment comment about the others because I don't recall their posts in particular.
But if you break the rules, you get tossed.

1029 6 years ago

Huh? Those guys weren't funny at all. Maybe they were "two wonderful human beings", but I never would have guessed it with all the bigoted, offensive remarks they made day after day. You really thought those guys were funny?

Leslie Swearingen 6 years ago

Satirical 6 years ago

JKealing is the judge, jury and executioner. Unfortunately that is what we agreed to when we post comments. Since he is human his decisions are subjective, which means I may sometimes disagree with his decision. As long as his decisions are not arbitrary or he is not disappeardeding people for reasons other than in the terms of use, I have little issue.

Fixed_Asset 6 years ago

Irish, you make a good point - the "stripper" blog was stupid and frankly written to provoke. It was successful and a couple of folks got banned.

jonas_opines 6 years ago

Satirical hits it pretty much on the head I'd say, though I don't see the negative as much it seems. A human factor is not that bad of a thing.

If there's a guideline underlying anything that I could see, it's a view of frequency. All of us regulars and long-term users have said a few to more than a few dumb and sometimes offensive things, but it seems that it's really more of a function of percentage. The closer you get to 100% of your posts being offensive trolling, the more likely it is for you to get TOS'd. (I like that one. never liked dispeperdedededed)

Then, of course, there's Marion. Which goes under the sub-theory. That is, the ones who will kick and scream so much More than before if TOS'd that it's just frankly not worth the effort. I'd say it's been well established by now that TOSsing a poster does jack squat in any real sense. There's at least two posters posting right now that are easily in double digits by now in terms of different user names.

RoeDapple 6 years ago

pretty good reading, spells it out just fine.

Makes it clear that LJW is the final judge on all blogs and posts

I fully understood it, even without an IQ of 240

headdoctor 6 years ago

There are a very few people who have been disappearded from here that really should have and continue to be booted every time they show up. Based on what Marion and a few others get away with, the others who have been removed should have been reinstated with an apology. I tend to think that this obvious favoritism is doing nothing to help the attitude of the current posters that are in good standing. They see some get away with bad behavior and think they should be able to do it also or get to the point they will say what they want not caring if they get bounced. These people may be generating more clicks for the LJW but I am wondering how long it will be before they realize those few people are more of a liability by being here than any good they are doing.

acg 6 years ago

I think we should get to vote who to disappear, like survivor. Would be more fun that way.

Flap Doodle 6 years ago

Unless I'm mistaken, spiderham holds the record for most times getting disappeareded under multiple names.

jonas_opines 6 years ago

snap, I think there's one that's had more, but mostly due to a longer tenure.

bad_dog 6 years ago

might be a close race with KG/arminius/balikbalik/konzakid/restorereason/Koolaid, etc., snap.

puddleglum 6 years ago

yeah nobody is probably more obnoxious than spiderham, but I agree with woodenflea. I know someone who used to be on here all the time, they would always rant about wal-mart and women drivers, and how much better china was than we are. He was completely disappearededded without any warning, and I miss those rants. Nothing they said was ANY less sexist than Marion + others. Now this guy just mopes around work-and its not nearly as fun. sure, It is kealing's site, and he can do whatever he wants, but it would be nice to see some kind of 3-strike rule.
I have had comments removed because I commented on a woman in the photo of a story-yet others do the same thing and their comments are far more lewd-so what's up with that?

puddleglum 6 years ago

oh, yeah the gilchrist bros bought the farm because they constantly ragged on the life flight helicopter, and they were obviously the same person, so somebody probably got sick of them hi-jacking threads.

Leslie Swearingen 6 years ago

The Navajo Times and the Guardian, a Brit paper are very good. The Navajo Times has some really good writing on the blogs and the letters are very serious and well thought out.

Leslie Swearingen 6 years ago

The_Original_Bob (Anonymous) says… The Purple Headed Yogurt Slinger paradox continues to puzzle. This is the drink, the other explanation I found I cannot and will not write because then I would disappear. Why do you find it a puzzle? 2.0 oz. Rum 0.75 grape flavored "Pushup" pops Popsicles 3.0 oz. cold Hawaiian punch or minute maid mixed fruit juice Hawaiian Punch Directions: For best results use blender and mix all ingredients. The above amounts are for individual servings. Now, I expect everyone to try this. Make up a pitcher and have a wake for those who are no longer with us.

remember_username 6 years ago

There's considerable conjecture out there on why these fellows, or others were removed. Maybe only they and Mr. Kealing know the whole story. From the little I recall of the gilchrist posts there was more than one that crossed the line, and they were far enough apart that he/she should have taken the first as a warning.

Perhaps the suggest removal button was clicked often enough that gilchrist became too great a burden on the moderators time. This may be why some appear to get away with crossing the line and others don't. It may just depend on how often other posters complain as well as the level of the offense.

labmonkey 6 years ago

"Perhaps the suggest removal button was clicked often enough that gilchrist became too great a burden on the moderators time."

Naa....I have hit the suggest removal button for Merrill's cut and pastes thousands of times, yet it doesn't work.

Leslie Swearingen 6 years ago

Marion, I was just curious as the Purple Headed Yogurt Slinger comment by Bob, so I googled and this is what I found. I still don't know what the paradox is. I can't recall one comment made by either of them. The Gilchrist brothers, that is, not the paradox.

mdrndgtl 6 years ago

I'm with Jonas, lets all call it TOS'd...

Boosh 6 years ago

mdrndgtl (Anonymous) says… "I'm with Jonas, lets all call it TOS'd…"

How about TOS'd Off....the site

Boston_Corbett 6 years ago

Hats off to Mr. Kealing.

He was far too slow-on-the-trigger with Cool/Ariadne/Bronze/Spiderham/Dried_Oregano

But the forum sure has improved without his presence.

GardenMomma 6 years ago

"....who thoughtfully ... contributed ..."

Ha! I beg to differ on that point!