LJWorld.com weblogs Yes, I did say that!

Corrected Lawrence Public Library Rendering

Improved for Accuracy: The New Lawrence Public Library Rendering

Improved for Accuracy: The New Lawrence Public Library Rendering by Benjamin Roberts

Sending a Private Message or email to Did_I_say_that, regarding the content of this blog, provides consent to use the content of the message.

Did_I_say_that can be Emailed here.

Visit Did_I_say_that's Blog Entries.

*All images used under Copyright Law US Code Title 17, Section 107

Comments

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

Isn't there room for some nice cushioned benches in the entryway for the homeless to sleep on? The donation meters could be placed in there too.

LadyJ 3 years, 5 months ago

ROFL, and don't forget shopping cart racks so they can park them and lock them up.

LadyJ 3 years, 5 months ago

Oh, and PLEASE put in some washing machines in the bathrooms so they can wash their clothes. You could have disposable hospital gowns for them to wear while their clothes are washing.

Jacks_Smirking_Revenge 3 years, 5 months ago

+1. Although, I think you left too many non-homeless in this picture. :)

LadyJ 3 years, 5 months ago

You could have a room with a large screen tv and reclining seats to watch movies on and nap with free popcorn.

Blessed4x 3 years, 5 months ago

The last time we were at the Lawrence library there were 4 or 5 guys out front passing around what appeared to be a bottle of vodka. Not even the good kind, but the kind that comes in the plastic container. I'd like to request a personalized image with these gentlemen included to remember the day at the library with my children.

LadyJ 3 years, 5 months ago

In the name of community spirit, Starbucks could offer free coffee to the homeless. That way they could also put their vodka in the empty coffee cup and be a little more inconspicuous and family friendly.

Ray March 3 years, 5 months ago

The picture should include all the iconic Lawrence loonies too. Dennis pushing his dolly in a stroller, Caveman Joe pulling his lawnmower down the street behind his bike, Crazy Rob flashing the peace sign on the corner of the street and waving at passing cars, the girl that sits downtown and rattles maracas for change, the loonies that hand out fliers about being saved, etc...

LadyJ 3 years, 5 months ago

Please put in a free public phone also so the crazy ex-homeless lady that stays across the street will stop stalking me to ask if she can use my cell phone. I keep telling her no and I've tried not answering the door but she just keeps knocking louder and louder. I've started parking out back so she won't know I'm there. About ready to call the police to instruct her to stay off my property, but she does have some mental problems so that probably won't work either.

Liberty275 3 years, 5 months ago

Right. Like some guy is going to be begging for spare pot when he can just steal it from salvation army donation bins.

Also, will all the homeless meters be painted red or is that mere conjecture on the part of the artist?

ivalueamerica 3 years, 5 months ago

Good God almightly, it is as if everyone here is a mindless idiot villager with torches and pichforks ready to burn the evil homeless.

I would rather live near the homeless than the heartless.

beatrice 3 years, 5 months ago

I hate to say it IVA, but I have to agree with vertigo on this one. Yes, it is a little mean, but there is more than a little truth to it too. $19 million buys the right to satirize sanitized architectural renderings.

ivalueamerica 3 years, 5 months ago

then satarize the building, hot human beings.

That just makes you a cruel bully, nothing more.

LadyJ 3 years, 5 months ago

Are you still living oversees IVA, wasn't it Peru?

deec 3 years, 5 months ago

I want to see more obese people and not so pretty people in the picture! Throw in a couple of kids flinging a tantrum, a stray dog, and some people over the age of 25 who aren't homeless, please.

scopi_guy 3 years, 5 months ago

I'd like to see at least one person wearing a T-shirt with an iron-on of a giant Tweety bird with the word "sassy" under it.

workinghard 3 years, 5 months ago

I think we all have compassion and understanding for the "truly homeless". What we don't have compassion and understanding for is the ones who are homeless and jobless by choice. If you think those people don't exist, you are deluding yourself. If offered a 40 hour a week job so they could have an apartment, they would turn you down. I find it interesting that the local officials are willing to go to great lengths to get their homeless shelter but nothing for a mental ward in the hospital.