LJWorld.com weblogs Details Matter

The Power of Passive Suggestion

In recent years the internet has become a tool for research. We have all seen the optional surveys, but that is only one way to collect data. One of the problems with surveys or questionaires is that people tend to think through what thier response will be. They may exagerate, try to be overtly polite, politically correct or socially desirable.

We observe cause and efffect all the time, but do we really need a real cause to illicit a actual effect?

I have been posting on this forum for a couple years. In that time I have watched the same group of profiles whittle away at others until they either get banned, stop posting or just tip toe around topics they might otherwise engage in. Then I have watched them dance on the graves in a strange sort ritual of way.

In some instances; like with he case of "Oak" it seemed more like hunting than discussion. Now I know the first thing someone will say about this is that irish/Oak etc had 3, 4 ,10 profiles over time. Why did she do that? Could be she wanted to be a part of rather than a outcast. Could be she thought perhaps if she changed her name, her approach, her topic content that just maybe she could be accepted or it could be that she just wanted to prove she could break that ridiculous cyber barrier.

Four days ago I sent 4 messages out randomly to profiles that have engaged in baiting or mocking behaviors against others. I implied that they may have participated in inappropriate exchanges " stalkerish" At first I was kind of bumed out that I hadn't even gotten the slightest nibble, but then last night one of them not only bit but many of the supporting profiles jumped right in there. So then I flagged one of the most prominate leaders to see if the LJW moderator would respond. Then I flagged the whole blog with a explanation of why I felt it was inapproriate; I even used the term "stalkerish" as I had in the messages and as the profile included in the title.

I checked back throughout the day to see how the discussion was progressing. I watched as the initiater continued to defend her/his right and I saw profiles that I haven't seen for a long time coming out like ants at a picnic. *I even saw profile challenge the majority. I saw the names of former profiles and real names being posted in a attempt tp finger who was to blame. I saw them justify and rationalize targeting others. The most important thing I saw was myself and others freely discussing rather than defending on subjects all day long all over the board. Yep all in all it was a good day on the LJW forum.

Comments

Amy Heeter 4 years, 5 months ago

Nope stalkerish is finding a needle in a haystack at 1:58 in the morning just so you could call it stalkerish. Now go find the other hidden treasures.m And,peace be with you.

Amy Heeter 4 years, 5 months ago

No it it is exposing. Now you are simply tripping all over yourself. I don't care what personification of yourself you use. I just feel like you should leave Irish and others alone to blog and post as they like. I mean really who was she hurting anyway?

Ralph Reed 4 years, 5 months ago

Right on the money Artichokeheart. I post with my real name & have been stalked here & in real life because of what I say. Not much more I can add to that. Well done.

Ralph Reed 4 years, 5 months ago

Thanks Tom, I appreciate the sentiment. To add, the far-right are just as unstable.

Ralph Reed 4 years, 5 months ago

Amy Heeter 4 years, 5 months ago

The funniest part was that the worst one's flocked to that blog like it was the mothership, then proceeded to publicly stalk randomly.

Amy Heeter 4 years, 5 months ago

Oak doesn't have to endear herself to anyone. It is not required that other participants lick your shoes. As I said I flagged your comment becuase it was a lead into more stalking of others.

Amy Heeter 4 years, 5 months ago

BTW I looked that up & there is page not found under one and the other is a letter to the editor. Not sure what your point is but like I said; face your demons and move on.

Amy Heeter 4 years, 5 months ago

Please don't stalk on my blog. I flagged your post.

Amy Heeter 4 years, 5 months ago

Thanks for you observations g _rock but I'm only trying to point out injustice on forums. Prosepector just came on here & tried to start another fight with another poster. I see alot of ancient history on here. Come to terms with your demons it and move on.

Amy Heeter 4 years, 5 months ago

I found them nad went on through hitting suggest removal. I have to wonder if name calling is not allowed &and if indusriver has been threatened by LJW staff for not providing sources; why others have been allowed to do the same. Anway I will be flagging this post of yours too as you are using my blog to continue to harass others.

Amy Heeter 4 years, 5 months ago

Also i want to note that you are stalking on the examples you have posted here today. Bert Nash may be able to assist you with this 843-9192.

Amy Heeter 4 years, 5 months ago

I hear Black Flag is great for bugs, too bad not virtual ones.

beatrice 4 years, 5 months ago

Interesting. I thought he was born many years ago.

Amy Heeter 4 years, 5 months ago

Thanks consmer but, it think I may have upset someone on here.

verity 4 years, 5 months ago

"There are people who post on here who I intentionally try to aggravate."

Why?

I mean this seriously. I see a number of people on here saying that they do this and I always wonder why.

Amy Heeter 4 years, 5 months ago

This is great P keep supporting the stalking concept. I heard i am missing a couple personas of you though.

Boston_Corbett 4 years, 5 months ago

I do not enjoy reading stories about breastfeeding. Never have.

Amy Heeter 4 years, 5 months ago

I'm not affraid of wolves or stalkers.

Boston_Corbett 4 years, 5 months ago

Amy Heeter 4 years, 5 months ago

Yes but in the animal world they only hunt for survival. Really not the same as the internet variety.

beatrice 4 years, 5 months ago

Tom: "The far-left are about as unstable as you can get. OK, bring on the insults---I'm ready."

Insult people by calling them "unstable" all in an attempt to demonstrate your own stability. I believe you just defined irony.

verity 4 years, 5 months ago

No line, it's the same thing.

You haven't answered my 1:13 question.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 5 months ago

"...nothing wrong with cleaver..." Ward and June would agree with that.

pagan_idolator 4 years, 5 months ago

So who were the other three people who got the message from artichokeheart? Anyone? Anyone?

Kris_H 4 years, 5 months ago

I'm not really a part of all this as I don't post on LJW online much, but wow. For just a minute, I'll be a part of it.

This is an internet forum/blog place with limited readership, yet someone thinks there is "power" associated with it.

Power? What power would that be? What is the significance of this "power?"

Ultimately, if you aren't discussing some real issue, there is nothing here but smoke, mirrors, and puppets on strings.

Amy Heeter 4 years, 5 months ago

The power is limited to what you allow. Not to worry now the scrammble begins for validity. It is all in the mind I tell you, all in the mind.

Amy Heeter 4 years, 5 months ago

You sure are spending alot of time trying to figure this out.

Amy Heeter 4 years, 5 months ago

You're the one with all the questions. Continue on your quest.

Amy Heeter 4 years, 5 months ago

What is your point? I could copy/paste Merrill all day and ask you to explain that to me. it would be the same thing. The real question here is; If a tree falls (and a video is included) does that make a bully feel better about getting a blog removed?

Amy Heeter 4 years, 5 months ago

I don't see too much difference between you and your friend Sybil. 'Do you hate her cause she pieces of you?'

Amy Heeter 4 years, 5 months ago

I attempted to search sybil. Funny nothing you have posted comes up on the site. I can go out on a limb here and guess you saved them for months? Years? Yeah kinda stalker like.

So I found there are two sybils resistered. when navaigated one ( Caileensybil) says page not found and the other ( sybil3) has comment from forever ago

Then I looked at links where others had said" sybil." Still didn't find the ones you are posting. but did find commet that are 50/50 mixed. Half the responders are rude ( one of them was you as prospector) and others are in agreement. The stories were about a police shooting of a depressed woman, A city council meeting about a dog ,a fundraiser for the humane society and letter to the editor about possible abuse of the horses at the Eldrridge Hotel by some woman named sonia.

Yeah it looks like some did not like sybil. looks like you bullied her, looks like she likes animals, looks like she empithized with humans. look for yourself.

Try again.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 5 months ago

White oleander, Carol Ann Fugate, and so on and so forth...