LJWorld.com weblogs Sharpening My Pen

Soledad O'Brien Wrecks Tim Pawlenty

This is just hilarious! Soledad O'Brien kicks T-Paw right in the jimmy! And that's after she did the same thing to John Sununu LAST week! So tell me, Mr. Romney, who are you going to send up next to sacrifice on O'Brien's altar of facts? As the blogger put it in his closing statements, "This is getting pretty good, and she seems like she’s just getting started. It’s like a pre-game to the presidential debates!"
I already can hear the whining and moaning of the right wing posters on this board now. "It's just one more example of the left wing, liberal media." Yeah. Right. Forgive me if I lack sympathy.

Comments

donttreadonme 1 year, 8 months ago

"SageonPage2 hours, 27 minutes ago You have proved to all of us you don't understand OsamaCare then. Your prez, not mine, is proposing to steal 716 Billion from 'your' medicare to fund his ObumaCare. Wake up get your facts straight and vote smart."

Because I know that the $716 billion is supposed to come from savings from fraud and waste. So how's that a problem, if Ryan claims the same $716 billion in savings?

And if your President is not Mr. Obama, then you don't live in the USA, so what do you care? Damn foreigner troll.

cait48manhater 1 year, 8 months ago

Soledad Obama is an idiot, and who in the flying fig even pays attention to her. What does she have? Maybe a few hundred thousand followers---tops.

Little timey conservative radio talkers get more feed than Soledad.

somedude20 1 year, 8 months ago

Ole Sole took a cue from The Newsroom it seems. The R's are doing a marvelous job of turning Americans against them and me loves it! I hear that 83.9% of all dogs and 94.9% of all cats support Obama (Repubs, this was a joke but figured I'd say so because what I wrote sounds like a Fox News headline)

donttreadonme 1 year, 8 months ago

The AARP is supporting Medicare because their members (like me) have paid into all of our live's and don't want it taken away by Romney/Ryan.

Spare me the "voucher" plan. I'll vouch that it would leave many seniors bankrupt.

donttreadonme 1 year, 8 months ago

"SageonPage4 hours, 58 minutes ago Excuse me nota, but the AARP is nothing but a shill for Osama's cradle to grave healthcare. The AARP is very left leaning and have seen multiple millions dump them."

That's funny. What's next, is the AAA a socialist front because they offer roadside assistance?

Agnostick 1 year, 8 months ago

Pawlenty will consistently bash the Congressional Budget Office--until they happen to release a set of numbers that supports something he supports; then, all of a sudden, the CBO is consistent, non-partisan, accurate, etc. etc.

ibroke 1 year, 8 months ago

i dont think when they say that obama took 700 billion from medicare is any differant than dems saying that the republicans are throwing seniors off the cliff

SageonPage 1 year, 8 months ago

I'm assuming Cait has worked herself up to a feverish lather over a boisterous liberal woman's berating of a Milquetoast republican male than anything of substance. I wouldn't crow too loud this is a minor flap with a minor player from the republican team. Tim is not the type of guy who will walk over a loud-mouthed liberal woman.

ibroke 1 year, 8 months ago

well i think i see-- they went from one federal health care program to two and the obamacare program will be paid for somewhat by the taxes and fees from people without insurance and because people will be going over to obamacare this will affect medicare by 700 billion

Flap Doodle 1 year, 8 months ago

I'm sure that all 50 people who still watch CNN had chills going up their legs.

ibroke 1 year, 8 months ago

so can anyone explain what she was talking about? they took out the rate of increase to medicare was it real money? how is the savings a good thing? and wasnt this money put in obama care?

Lateralis 1 year, 8 months ago

Daddy like! Smokin' I hope she moderates.

jhawkinsf 1 year, 8 months ago

A cynical person might suggest Ms. O'Brien represents a liberal bias in the media. Of course, I've been told that no such bias exists, so the only plausible explanation left is that the left is correct 100% of the time and the right is wrong 100% of the time. See, no cynicism needed.

notaubermime 1 year, 8 months ago

Romney has no shot at African Americans or hispanics. He is losing women. Having the Ryan Plan hanging around his neck eats away at the older vote. Without African Americans, hispanics, or women, Romney needs all of the help he can get from the older vote. Thus the desperation.

Picking Ryan has really pushed Romney into a demographic corner. What an amazing blunder on Romney's part.

blindrabbit 1 year, 8 months ago

See's great and has turned into a human wrecking ball for whacked-out right-wingers! Add her "The Donald, Birther" quips, and the shredding of Christine O'Donnell in Delaware. Wait till she gets a direct shot at Romney/Ryan.

Roland Gunslinger 1 year, 8 months ago

Oh that's nothing... you should see what she did to Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT).

riverdrifter 1 year, 8 months ago

You send an empty-minded hack up against the likes of Soledad O'Brien, get exposed and shut down, then go all condescending on her. Right. Pawlenty got his boys handed to him and was spanked and sent home. You can snow a snowman but you can't get any BS/double-talk by this gal. Politicians of every stripe give her a wide berth. Let's hope O'Brien is one of the presidential debate moderators.