LJWorld.com weblogs Sharpening My Pen

Soledad O'Brien Wrecks Tim Pawlenty

This is just hilarious! Soledad O'Brien kicks T-Paw right in the jimmy! And that's after she did the same thing to John Sununu LAST week! So tell me, Mr. Romney, who are you going to send up next to sacrifice on O'Brien's altar of facts? As the blogger put it in his closing statements, "This is getting pretty good, and she seems like she’s just getting started. It’s like a pre-game to the presidential debates!"
I already can hear the whining and moaning of the right wing posters on this board now. "It's just one more example of the left wing, liberal media." Yeah. Right. Forgive me if I lack sympathy.

Comments

riverdrifter 2 years, 4 months ago

You send an empty-minded hack up against the likes of Soledad O'Brien, get exposed and shut down, then go all condescending on her. Right. Pawlenty got his boys handed to him and was spanked and sent home. You can snow a snowman but you can't get any BS/double-talk by this gal. Politicians of every stripe give her a wide berth. Let's hope O'Brien is one of the presidential debate moderators.

Cait McKnelly 2 years, 4 months ago

Oh Vertie this is PRICELESS! O'Brien is on a serious roll. And what's the GOP going to do? Refuse to be on her program? "The schadenfreude is lovely!" LOL

blindrabbit 2 years, 4 months ago

See's great and has turned into a human wrecking ball for whacked-out right-wingers! Add her "The Donald, Birther" quips, and the shredding of Christine O'Donnell in Delaware. Wait till she gets a direct shot at Romney/Ryan.

notaubermime 2 years, 3 months ago

Romney has no shot at African Americans or hispanics. He is losing women. Having the Ryan Plan hanging around his neck eats away at the older vote. Without African Americans, hispanics, or women, Romney needs all of the help he can get from the older vote. Thus the desperation.

Picking Ryan has really pushed Romney into a demographic corner. What an amazing blunder on Romney's part.

Cait McKnelly 2 years, 3 months ago

Sorry to contradict you, Sage, but Romney is now polling 0% from African Americans. I was stunned when I saw that. I have never heard of a candidate literally polling 0%. And this came from the WSJ, a Murdoch owned news outlet.

notaubermime 2 years, 3 months ago

The majority of polls indicate that Romney is behind Obama among African Americans, Hispanics and women. That is not my wishes, that is fact.

I also did not say that Obama would win the senior vote, just that the Ryan plan's infamy would eat away at Romney's numbers. This is exactly what happened in the special election for Chris Lee's vacated seat. Almost every political ad by the Democrat revolved around Medicare and the Ryan plan and fear over the Ryan plan was the number one concern in the exit polls among seniors. I'm sorry for you if you wish to stick your head in the sand, but Paul Ryan and the Ryan plan will cost Romney votes among those at or close to retirement and Romney is not in a demographic position to lose those votes.

jhawkinsf 2 years, 3 months ago

A cynical person might suggest Ms. O'Brien represents a liberal bias in the media. Of course, I've been told that no such bias exists, so the only plausible explanation left is that the left is correct 100% of the time and the right is wrong 100% of the time. See, no cynicism needed.

notaubermime 2 years, 3 months ago

If it works for you to dismiss a person's words due to a label which you have placed on them...

As Ms. O'Brien correctly states in the videos, her statements accurately reflect those of the AARP and the CBO, neither of which are partisan entities. The Republican attacks on the Affordable Care Act's changes to Medicare spending are misleading at best.

jhawkinsf 2 years, 3 months ago

I can listen to the arguments made as well as recognize bias within the discussions. It's walking and chewing gum at the same time. Or in modern-speak, multitasking.

deec 2 years, 3 months ago

Uh, no. "As of February 19, 2010, there are 35.7 million members of the American Association of Retired Persons or AARP. This is according to a press release published by the AARP on the same date. A huge controversy broke out in August 2009 following AARP’™s support for President Obama’™s health reform measure, which led to the reported exodus of 60,000 of its members. An Associated Press report, however, quotes an AARP spokesman as saying that AARP gained 400,000 since July 2009." http://www.numberof.net/number-of-aarp-members/

notaubermime 2 years, 3 months ago

The world must be a scary place when everyone is against you.

notaubermime 2 years, 3 months ago

This should answer most of your questions: http://blog.aarp.org/2012/08/21/faq-716-billion-in-medicare-cuts/

It is good for the consumers because you get the same or increased coverage for less than was previously predicted.

Hospitals and the insurer have agreed because they will have increased numbers of people to make up for the lower profit margins.

rtwngr 2 years, 3 months ago

The "savings" come from cuts in rates to the providers, doctors. Many doctors are saying they will stop accepting medicare patients. This will force many people to give up the provider they have been using for years and go to an assembly line facility. Sorry, this fish stinks from the head down.

Flap Doodle 2 years, 3 months ago

I'm sure that all 50 people who still watch CNN had chills going up their legs.

somedude20 2 years, 3 months ago

Ole Sole took a cue from The Newsroom it seems. The R's are doing a marvelous job of turning Americans against them and me loves it! I hear that 83.9% of all dogs and 94.9% of all cats support Obama (Repubs, this was a joke but figured I'd say so because what I wrote sounds like a Fox News headline)